Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4

-LightSaber

Hello all! Here is Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4 from PTS.

youtube.com/watch?v=idUINAEZoH8

I want to ask Bioware, if they are going to remake the animation inquisitor. It looks stupid. Post the "Agree", if you agree.

Your link is not a

And I agree. They should redo the animation to fit better with the instant effect. Something similar to the Consular version but maybe a single arm wave in an arc in front of him or something like that.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Doesn't look like they changed the Inquisitor animation at all.

Just looks like a new particle effect with the old anim.

Maybe they shortened it a bit, I thought the current one does a flip but that might lust be the cape/robe fluttering.

Really though, if you're going to do a new anim .. at least do it right.

Wow, I actually really like the Consular animation. I think it looks great!

The Inquisitor animation...it isn't that it's bad, the problem is the wave and the sound don't match up with the jump. He hits the ground after everything happned and he flips too fast so it just looks cheezy. I think that animation would look better if instead of jumping maybe he just raised his fist and hit the ground with it all in sync together.

Or we could be really unique about it and just have him shoot an arc of lightning from his hand ;)

Edited by Xienive

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, I actually really like the Consular animation. I think it looks great!

The Inquisitor animation...it isn't that it's bad, the problem is the wave and the sound don't match up with the jump. He hits the ground after everything happned and he flips too fast so it just looks cheezy. I think that animation would look better if instead of jumping maybe he just raised his fist and hit the ground with it all in sync together.

Or we could be really unique about it and just have him shoot an arc of lightning from his hand ;)

^ totally agree, they don't match up. Every single time i use it i get confused. If they want to change it, do it right. It just looks now like it was thrown together

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree.

I've been saying this since they changed it. It looks really really bad now (the Inquisitor one).

They cut and sped up the animation so the ability would be instantaneous, dont know why they did that in the first place, they should have left both the Consulars and the Inquisitors alone to begin with. It wasnt a needed change IMO..

The original Force Wave was really cool the way it was, as was the original Project animation. All they really had to do with Project was maybe speed it up a tiny bit. And with Force Wave, make the effect radius slightly larger.

Project was one of the abilities that originally made me want to play a Consular, but for some reason they made it an instant ability where the rocks come up from the ground next to the enemy, maybe for PvP I dont know, but it's definately not as cool anymore.:(

I dislike both new animations I want those old ones back (they looked amazing) the new ones aren't even synchronised concerning the energy wave.

The original ability also made me want to play a Jedi Consular...same for the Sith Inquisitor.

Edited by JackStreicher

I dislike the new Inquisitor animations. The old ones was better. However, I think then sage animation is a little better than the old one. Kinda seems like your actually throwing some one as oppose to making a soft landing like if you just jumped from a very high building.

dont know why they did that in the first place

I'll tell you why: The PVPers complained that the consular animations for project took "too long" compared to the inquisitor's lightning. There WAS a noticeable difference, but the amount of times it would have actually MATTERED in PVP is so insanely small there wasn't a point in changing it.

So the devs caved in to the crying PVPers and changed Project to what it is now. Then the Sith Inquisitors, jealous that the consular gets new shinies, starts complaining that now THEIR versions are "too long" compared to the consular.

So the devs gave into the crying PVPers again and BAM. Now we have instant Force Wave/Overload, even though both animations look ridiculous and retarded. Gotta satisfy those PVPers that'll complain about a fraction of a second, because clearly PVP is what is keeping TOR alive.