One way to make healers get more medals in PvP

Jackky

I thought of a system they can implement to make healing more rewarding in PvP.

Simple, If a healer with 31 or more points spend in the healing tree heals a person in pvp the person healed gets a 10 second buff.

During this time the person with the buff does damage / killing blows and kills for the healers.

So if they gain a medal the healer gains the same medal. Ofc medals do not stack so the healer can still only get 1 medal per achievement and I think it should be limited to those 3 types of medals.

If the healer is really good and the team performs good he/she will end up with 3 healing medals + 75k and 300k damage done medal + 10 kills and 25 kills medals and the killing blow medal. That equals 8 medals the same amount as what I get on my DPS and Tank class in PvP.

People give our healers that work hard in PvP some love

/discuss

I'm sorry because this isn't probably as productive as you'd hoped for this thread but they need to do away with this medals system completely. Bioware, which is now comprised of some of those same failure devs that worked on WAR's wonderful pvp system, decided to implement the same broken mechanic in TOR that was used in WAR. The best part is that it's just as broken here as it was in WAR when it comes to healers. It's almost like they didn't learn a damn thing from their previous failures. Take it out, take it out, and I say again just *********** take it out.

I actually like the medals. I like the ability to vote for MVP. They just need to tweek the credit system a bit. Not like Rift, where if you are alive in the zone you get kill credit, but more like WoW where if you are in the area and contributing, you should get credit.

It's too early in the morning for me to think of a better way to do the MVP, clearly some people should get it over others, but when your premade all votes for one person and then 3 others don't vote... kinda sucks unless you are that premades guy.

Atm I see good DPS players get 8 or 9 medals, Good tanks get 8 or 9 medals, but good healers get maybe 5 if they are lucky. I dont think they will get rid of this system soon so to just make it balanced so that healers can get medals with the same ease as the other 2 classes a system like the above mentioned might just work wonders.

As for MVP votes. Yes everyone can vote for the healer and he will get 8 more tokens if there is just one healer, where as 4-5 more medals = 20-25 more token.

Also note I said this system only applies to healers with 31 points or more spend in their healing tree, this will prevent some nubs from trying to abuse the system.

They can even change it so that the said healer needs to have healed 75k before the system start to work to make sure that once again some nub dont run around casting a heal here and a heal there just to get credits from it.

Edited by Jackky

I don't purely heal, I almost always get the 75K medal, killing blow medal, and at least 10 kills medal. If I'm in civil war, the 1K defender medal. That puts me at 6. Feels like too much work when the guy I'm spam healing gets more medals than I during the dame duration of time. I'll get kill credit on the 4 people I see during this time. Not the others that are killed.

One way for healers to get more medals is not just by healing. Toss out aoe, heal heal heal, aoe, heal heal heal...

get that 10 kill bonus, get that 75,000 damage bonus, get that 2.5k hit, and get that 25 kill bonus.

Bam, you will then get 10 medals if you complete objectives...

Look, you shouldn't get 50 medals for click on someone's name and only hitting two or maybe three buttons the whole game.

Oh, and you shouldn't get a medal for taking your armor off, putting it back on and healing yourself.

Better Idea!

Heals in one life.

Like the tanks get an amount gaurded in one life, healers should be able to geta medal for keeping a person alive and delivering so much healing on them without them dying.

Yup, I see a difference in gaining medals between attacking and healing, with my powertech it's too easy to rack up 10 some odd medals (and that's usually only in the first half of Voidstar) compared to only getting 4-5 for healing until I start attacking or taking/defending objectives. There should be savior medals, save someone by healing him when he's at 10%-20% or less health (I know this would get abused), disrupting an enemy while your teammate is CC'd, etc.

My aim is just to think of ideas so that healers can get the same amount of medals with the same amount of ease as other classes. With my DPS class I get my 6-7 medals 5 min in to the game.

Then the other 3 takes a bit longer but is still very easy to get. As for healers they have to heal their butts off to get their medals then DPS at the same time and get shouted at for doing DPS and not healing.

I also have read some posts where poeple say they just heal for the first 2 healing medals and then dps the rest of the time which is one solution but what about the poeple who wants to play healer, they are forced to DPS and Heal to get their medals which I think is a bit unfair.

Better Idea!

Heals in one life.

Like the tanks get an amount gaurded in one life, healers should be able to geta medal for keeping a person alive and delivering so much healing on them without them dying.

The way it is set up is like this

2.5k/5k/75k/300k Damage/heal

guard 2k1l/5k/10k1l/50k

Objectives 2k/6k

1v1 kill

killing blow

Healers can do damage, healers can heal, healers can 1v1, healers can kill blow, healers can obtain objectives...

DPS/Tanks can not take their armor off, put it back on and get a medal for a heal.

Learn to do more than just click on peoples' names and hit two or three buttons. Sorry, but that doesn't take much skill. I do know some of you do a lot more than that, but it isn't that many.

Healers should be able to get a killing blow, 2.5k damage, 75k damage, all their heals, 6k objectives nearly every game. Is it really that hard to tab + hit a relic and a stim, use a high damage attack? Is it hard to tab + throw out aoe on a group of players?

I'm going to explain in some detail why this system doesn't work, and why it needs to be removed and not "tweaked". Hopefully some folks will read and understand why this, along with other things, needs to be changed to make this a viable pvp game.

Why was this system implemented? Well, it's pretty simple. See the devs thought, just like they did in Warhammer, that if they rewarded people with medals for participating in pvp they could cut down on the amount of AFK'ing in battlegrounds that seems to be rampant in other pvp games. Since this game is gear centric, allowing pvp'ers to afk their way to max gear is bad right? A few problems with this concept:

1. They gave 1 class the ability to be rewarded for not playing. If you've never seen the afk sorc/consular standing over in the corner using his skill that removes life for force power only to heal back up and gain medals, you'll see it soon enough. It seems to happen in huttball quite often. It's hilarious and terrible all at the same time.

2. This system does not promote teamwork, it promotes selfish game play by encouraging people to ignore objectives and grind medals, since in the end you are rewarded more for the medals you earned than the victory or loss. I've seen countless games where the team stops playing to win and plays simply to get as many medals as possible. A horrible horrible mechanic.

Here's a simple fix. Start rewarding the winning team with a significant amount of valor/xp/credits and remove the medal system except for objectives only. That way you still get rewarded for actually trying to win the game. Either way, the system they are currently using is the same one used in WAR and it's just as bad.

My aim is just to think of ideas so that healers can get the same amount of medals with the same amount of ease as other classes. With my DPS class I get my 6-7 medals 5 min in to the game.

Then the other 3 takes a bit longer but is still very easy to get. As for healers they have to heal their butts off to get their medals then DPS at the same time and get shouted at for doing DPS and not healing.

I also have read some posts where poeple say they just heal for the first 2 healing medals and then dps the rest of the time which is one solution but what about the poeple who wants to play healer, they are forced to DPS and Heal to get their medals which I think is a bit unfair.

Actually it is easy to do, but most just don't want to do anything but press peoples' names and hit 3 buttons.

Better Idea!

Heals in one life.

I agree, there should be 20K heals in one life, etc. Then I'd get that pretty often, on my operative with heal spec I usually only die once per wz.

Edited by Sookster

Here is how I get my 10-11 medals...

I tab target players. I need to quickly figure out if there are more or less of them, find the healer, dps on him, hit my trinkets, dps him some more. Watch who the opposition are attacking, put them in guard, place my aoe -30% damage debuff on the opponents, tab target the next biggest threat. CC as needed, check on healer, some one is attacking healer, place single target -30% damage debuff on them, cc them, dps on them, kill them. Watch for in coming, drag opposition healer away from group, kill him with decreased guard on them. Who on my side is being target, put guard on them, repeat whole scenario over and over and over again.

I left a lot out that I do in war zones, can you honestly tell me that hitting two or three buttons while scrolling through nearby players is more skillful?

Play the game, not just a SINGLE role and you will get your medals.

Edited by Parali
rude

I'm going to explain in some detail why this system doesn't work, and why it needs to be removed and not "tweaked". Hopefully some folks will read and understand why this, along with other things, needs to be changed to make this a viable pvp game.

Why was this system implemented? Well, it's pretty simple. See the devs thought, just like they did in Warhammer, that if they rewarded people with medals for participating in pvp they could cut down on the amount of AFK'ing in battlegrounds that seems to be rampant in other pvp games. Since this game is gear centric, allowing pvp'ers to afk their way to max gear is bad right? A few problems with this concept:

1. They gave 1 class the ability to be rewarded for not playing. If you've never seen the afk sorc/consular standing over in the corner using his skill that removes life for force power only to heal back up and gain medals, you'll see it soon enough. It seems to happen in huttball quite often. It's hilarious and terrible all at the same time.

2. This system does not promote teamwork, it promotes selfish game play by encouraging people to ignore objectives and grind medals, since in the end you are rewarded more for the medals you earned than the victory or loss. I've seen countless games where the team stops playing to win and plays simply to get as many medals as possible. A horrible horrible mechanic.

Here's a simple fix. Start rewarding the winning team with a significant amount of valor/xp/credits and remove the medal system except for objectives only. That way you still get rewarded for actually trying to win the game. Either way, the system they are currently using is the same one used in WAR and it's just as bad.

I get this and I agree, it is broken, I get 75+- token on a loss and get 90+- on a win per match, So what do I do, I rack in the medals.

and yes I have a vangaurd and its almost ez mode to get 8-12 medals per match with the taunts and gaurd skill.

I also get the fact that poeple might see clicking on poeple and hitting 2-3 buttons to heal is not skill, but it is still needed. When that operative/scoundrel pops up behind you, you will be very happy to see that same no skillz healer healing you. But with the current system he/she will rather dps than heal you.

I agree, there should be 20K heals in one life, etc. Then I'd get that pretty often, on my operative with heal spec I usually only die once per wz.

Great so now I get to watch healers take their armor off healing themselves, get the 2.5/5k/20k/75k in less than 1 minute without even doing anything to better serve the group... Great idea...

How about you play the whole game, instead of playing a SINGLE role. You shouldn't get medals for playing a SINGLE role. Three buttons and targeting team mates doesn't take much skill. Not to insinuate that this game takes skill.

The way it is set up is like this

2.5k/5k/75k/300k Damage/heal

guard 2k1l/5k/10k1l/50k

Objectives 2k/6k

1v1 kill

killing blow

Healers can do damage, healers can heal, healers can 1v1, healers can kill blow, healers can obtain objectives...

DPS/Tanks can not take their armor off, put it back on and get a medal for a heal.

Learn to do more than just click on peoples' names and hit two or three buttons. Sorry, but that doesn't take much skill. I do know some of you do a lot more than that, but it isn't that many.

Healers should be able to get a killing blow, 2.5k damage, 75k damage, all their heals, 6k objectives nearly every game. Is it really that hard to tab + hit a relic and a stim, use a high damage attack? Is it hard to tab + throw out aoe on a group of players?

I am not playing healer right now, so telling me to L2P is a bit cheap.

I am looking at my duo partner who is my healer and when they are alongside me, we have not lost a single WZ, not one ever, we've had close calls but never lost. When I look at my consistent 9-10 medals as a dps then look at their consistent 6, I feel they are being underappreciated at the moment.

I know having them on my team is an absolute gamechanger, and I mean absolute, they give me time to destroy anything else on the battlefield, use their CC intelligently and DPS assist me on my targets, that person is a PvP don, the one saving grace is that they get a lot of MVP's.

They actually increase my DPS, increase my kills and to be honest I have worked out they are better at the game than I am but I am getting the points.

I've even taken to letting them finish at least one of my targets a match, so they can get the killing blow medal.

They appreciate me though because they know if anyone hits them I'll burst that guy into oblivion with every cooldown I have.

Edited by Gwal

I am not playing healer right now, so telling me to L2P is a bit cheap.

I am looking at my duo partner who is my healer and when they are alongside me, we have not lost a single WZ, not one ever, we've had close calls but never lost. When I look at my consistent 9-10 medals as a dps then look at their consistent 6, I feel they are being underappreciated at the moment.

I know having them on my team is an absolute gamechanger, and I mean absolute, they give me time to destroy anything else on the battlefield, use their CC intelligently and DPS assist me on my targets, that person is a PvP don, the one saving grace is that they get a lot of MVP's.

I feel the same way with my healing partner atm.

Healing / DPS or tanking and making people angry are the 3 roles here. Each of them deserve the same kind of reward. I love to DPS and I would be very sad if they took away 3-4 of the medals that I can gain through DPS. And that is how the healers feel atm. They really change games and what do they get some crappy MVP vote for 4-8 more tokens and the 3-4 medals that they might get during the game. It is just not balanced atm.

It has nothing to do with skill, As a DPS I run around and just kill players and bam I get my medals, Healers can not just run around and heal to get theirs.

Edited by Jackky

To the OP.

I like the idea generally, but it would need some tweaking, or AoE healers will be the only ones getting the 1m+ damage Medal :D

Then of course people would complain, I think they should implement like that for awhile to help healers catch up lol but could you imagine the whining.

Great so now I get to watch healers take their armor off healing themselves, get the 2.5/5k/20k/75k in less than 1 minute without even doing anything to better serve the group... Great idea...

How about you play the whole game, instead of playing a SINGLE role. You shouldn't get medals for playing a SINGLE role. Three buttons and targeting team mates doesn't take much skill. Not to insinuate that this game takes skill.

And please stay on topic, I started this thread for ideas how to get healers more rewards, Not to insult people and talk about if it is hard to heal or not.

And thanks there has been some really good ideas already from some of you :D

Edited by Jackky

To the OP.

I like the idea generally, but it would need some tweaking, or AoE healers will be the only ones getting the 1m+ damage Medal :D

Then of course people would complain, I think they should implement like that for awhile to help healers catch up lol but could you imagine the whining.

I agree, It will need some tweaking I said a few posts back that a system like this should only start working after 75k healing have been done, they can maybe up that limit , but the general aim is to see all the good healers leave warzones with 8-9 medals with as much ease as the DPS and Tanky classes can get them.

And please stay on topic, I started this thread for ideas how to get healers more rewards, Not to insult people and talk about if it is hard to heal or not.

And thanks there has been some really good ideas already from some of you :D

No, the topic was... all I want to do is heal, game is too hard, make it easy. You shouldn't have 9 medals for just healing alone. Play the game and not a role.

Again...

You have two objectives

1v1kill

kill blow

2.5/5k/75k/300k heal/damage

The 2.5k/75k/kill/objectives give you five a lone, those are VERY easy to obtain, then get your 300k heal and you have 9 medals by PLAYING THE GAME. OMG so hard. If it is feeling like you are being insulted, I am sorry. Just merely pointing out facts to you.

Every time someone gets "Unbeatable" or "Invincible" or whatever due to me keeping them alive, I feel a bit gypped as a healer. I was thinking there could be a medal for doing a certain amount of healing to a player within the span of a single life (similar to tanks doing a certain amount of protection in a single life). "Heal a player for twice their maximum health" or something.