Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else likes GSF less after 2.6?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Who else likes GSF less after 2.6?

Morgrid
02.21.2014 , 03:23 PM | #21
I dogfight in my flying brick all the time.

Not seeing a problem here.
Darth ImperÓus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"

Eldrenath
02.21.2014 , 03:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgrid View Post
I dogfight in my flying brick all the time.

Not seeing a problem here.
Don't get me wrong, I don't see a problem here at all. I just almost never play GSF anymore. Does that mean it is now inherently bad? Nope, it means it no longer appeals to me personally. The question the OP asked was "who likes GSF less after 2.6?" and for me personally I definitely like it quite a lot less. I don't really like it at all.

I played scout most of the time. And I will definitely agree that prior to 2.6 scouts needed a nerf. Evasion was too high, and distortion field was overpowered. I liked the changes they made to the scout (though along with those nerfs I'd have liked to see some small buffs to strike fighters).

But when I started playing after 2.6, it was all gunships and bombers, the game play centers (in my personal opinion) on gunships and bombers, and dogfighting, while still around, has been hugely curtailed. I tried flying a bomber, snooze city. I got great stats and tons of requisition but it was a snoozefest that took no skill. Fly in circle, drop mine, deploy drone, repeat.

So no, I don't see a problem here. Some folks like the bombers, I respect that. But if the question is "are you playing less since 2.6?" the answer for me is definitely yes. I played hundreds of matches from early release until 2.6. I've played only a few since 2.6, around 15 or so. For me it's simply no longer fun, so I don't queue anymore. If bombers were removed (and I 100% realize that they absolutely will not be removed) I'd be back in a heartbeat. No big deal, I still dig SWTOR. But I'm hardly doing GSF at all anymore, I've completed 1 weekly on 1 toon since 2.6.

XavinNydek
02.21.2014 , 04:43 PM | #23
The transition was rough for a few matches, but it's definitely a lot more balanced and interesting now. Bombers combined with the balance changes means you just can't fly the same way you did in 2.6 anymore, but you can still be just as effective once you get used to it.

Pilgrim_Grey
02.21.2014 , 05:49 PM | #24
I like the added dimension bombers bring, but there are still adjustments needed to bring better balance to GSF. That said, I enjoy GSF more now, and I liked it a lot before. There's more to it and an added gameplay mode gave it stronger wings. Things seem to be better now that people are adapting to bombers as well. Still some crazy stupid stuff with them, but I see a lot more fluctuation on the maps I've been playing this week.

Applejacxs
02.21.2014 , 06:20 PM | #25
wish they would toss another game mode in it cause to much tdm can cause me to lose interest fast . especialy when it turns into a hide seek game of gunships/bombers I like it enough to sit in some horrible loses.

LoganSkiwyse
02.21.2014 , 07:20 PM | #26
I like it more and I don't really have fun on either a bomber or a gunship though I can play both well. I love hunting both down on my strike fighters. EMP Missles DO WORK, just not as well as I would like. EMP from the scouts is also very effective.
The key is, it's now more about teamwork. Being in a group, working as a group, I find bombers no bigger a problem then any other single ship. I would agree there needs to be some tweaks to bombers and other ships, but in general I don't see a reason to complain.