Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunship One-Shots? Just Plain Dumb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Gunship One-Shots? Just Plain Dumb

DroidDreamer
02.20.2014 , 01:13 AM | #1
I have a fully mastered drone carrier upgraded for max health and the 9% DR and even after the shield bypass nerfs I am STILL being one-shouted by gunships at full health and full shields? Come on. That's not productive for the health of GSF. It needs to be fixed. I've no problem with gunships; I enjoy mine! But rail gun one-shots are dumb and no fun.

I have no problem with the gunship role, including the area denial role. But "oh crap I better stay out of that area or I'll be killed" is different than "I'm running into battle at full health and shields and die instantly." Whatever derpy combo allows this needs a fix ASAP.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Deimos_Olympian
02.20.2014 , 01:45 AM | #2
Sorry but i disagree i also have a fully upgraded dronecarrier and i have survived up two or three shots from a gunship. Even a fully upgraded gunship needs two shots to take down a fully upgraded dronecarrier

dancezwithnubz
02.20.2014 , 01:47 AM | #3
you're being hit at least twice. you may have been nailed by an ion railgun right before a slug crit and not noticed.

you have not been one-shot.

DroidDreamer
02.20.2014 , 01:58 AM | #4
Guys. I'm not stupid. I re-spawned, flew into battle and was one-shotted. Happened twice in one match. I know what it's like to get hit with a couple of railgun shots. That wasn't it. It happened twice in one match so it could not have been two separate hits landing at one time on both one-shot occasions. I died instantly both times.
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin

tunewalker
02.20.2014 , 02:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
Guys. I'm not stupid. I re-spawned, flew into battle and was one-shotted. Happened twice in one match. I know what it's like to get hit with a couple of railgun shots. That wasn't it. It happened twice in one match so it could not have been two separate hits landing at one time on both one-shot occasions. I died instantly both times.
You were in a deathmatch facing a gunship who had the Damage bonus upgrade which is a random drop some place on the map that makes any ship into one of the deadliest things you will ever face. It is litterally IMPOSSIBLE to do so otherwise.

dancezwithnubz
02.20.2014 , 02:06 AM | #6
tdm? damage overcharge powerup + crit would do it.

DroidDreamer
02.20.2014 , 02:18 AM | #7
It was TDM so that's entirely possible.

NathanielStarr
02.20.2014 , 02:26 AM | #8
You think you need a powerup to one shot with a slug? You don't. Do the math. 1750 damage extra 50% on a crit = 2625 add 28% shield penetration plus 16% more with bypass plus it completely avoids armor. It could one shot a fully upgraded Mangler.

Ok as for the fully and I mean fully upgraded drone carrier you could leave that thing with as little as 366.20 health and that is only if the drone carrier went with the strongest shields and reinforced armor.

Bleeters
02.20.2014 , 04:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
You think you need a powerup to one shot with a slug? You don't. Do the math. 1750 damage extra 50% on a crit = 2625 add 28% shield penetration plus 16% more with bypass plus it completely avoids armor. It could one shot a fully upgraded Mangler.
Slug railgun does 1600, not 1750. If you took the 10% damage upgrade, you're not going to be landing any critical hits. So that's 2400 damage on a crit, not 2625.

And assuming bypass stacks with passive shield penetration how I think it does, the most you're ever going to do in one hit straight to the hull through full shields (unless they've hugely gimped their own shield strength through component choice, I guess) is 1056: less than any gunship varient has. An evasion built scout wouldn't survive, but that's the penalty you pay for stacking evasion.

Verain
02.20.2014 , 04:58 AM | #10
I one-shot several bombers today. Maybe one was you?

In all cases, I had the damage overcharge. This makes a giant notice in your ops and screen. If your team doesn't chase the damage overcharge guy (I know I always do when the enemies get it!), then everyone deserves to get one shot.

Now, you MIGHT have a problem with damage overcharge- you shouldn't, it's a great powerup- but your issue is definitely NOT with gunships. Scouts with damage overcharge are the really crazy ones, especially the type 2 scouts. The cluster lock, when mastered, shoots two missiles for 400ish each, and only one can be evaded. That is a ton of damage with DO, and unlike the gunship, it really can't be avoided or turned off with pressure. Every DO I get, on any ship, is normally three quick kills at minimum.