Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best GSF Server, and why?

BattleDress
02.21.2014 , 12:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
AH there's a JC Repuber, Opinions on my ratios.
Your estimate are pretty good except for the pre-mades. 65%? i wouldn't go that far. Maybe 33%? But then again its all in perspective (Time of day, RNG team make-up)

On a side note, i encourage EVERYONE to practice, take ur licks (God knows i had my *** handed to me all the time at the start ) and start forming ur own pre-mades. Thats how i got in mine (Noticed a few pilots giving me flying lessons, the type of lesson you blow up when the exam is done ), whispered to them, put them on my friends list and it all snowballed from there. Luke had a pre-made and voice when he went up against the Death Star, so why not us too?

Edit: I still get my *** handed to me sometimes, there are pilots out there on a different level
I am not for the Empire. I am not for the Republic. I am for the credits and the fame.

mr_sim
02.21.2014 , 04:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleDress View Post
Your estimate are pretty good except for the pre-mades. 65%? i wouldn't go that far. Maybe 33%? But then again its all in perspective (Time of day, RNG team make-up)

On a side note, i encourage EVERYONE to practice, take ur licks (God knows i had my *** handed to me all the time at the start ) and start forming ur own pre-mades. Thats how i got in mine (Noticed a few pilots giving me flying lessons, the type of lesson you blow up when the exam is done ), whispered to them, put them on my friends list and it all snowballed from there. Luke had a pre-made and voice when he went up against the Death Star, so why not us too?
My mistake. I meant 65% chance there is a premade in a match not that 65% of players fly premade. I'll edit that.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

QuinMantha
02.21.2014 , 04:32 PM | #23
Hundred percent in agreement with Highjinks' post. Ebon Hawk is a GREAT place for GSF.

I just wish, as we are an RP server, we could integrate more of our performance in GSF into our RP without it looking like we're just a bunch of RP blowhards, but, ehh...
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

LegoUniverseBC
02.21.2014 , 04:59 PM | #24
The Shadowlands have pretty good matches.

mr_sim
02.21.2014 , 08:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
The Shadowlands have pretty good matches.
From what I've been reading. Shadowlands has some of the worst que times, and possibly the smallest GSF community.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

DominarGray
02.21.2014 , 09:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
From what I've been reading. Shadowlands has some of the worst que times, and possibly the smallest GSF community.
Shadowlands is terrible. Long queues, nearly all pub wins, and annoying premades.

Nemarus
02.22.2014 , 12:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post
Hundred percent in agreement with Highjinks' post. Ebon Hawk is a GREAT place for GSF.

I just wish, as we are an RP server, we could integrate more of our performance in GSF into our RP without it looking like we're just a bunch of RP blowhards, but, ehh...
Well it was always my dream that <Eclipse Squadron> would blend GSF and RP ... we've done a little, but not as much as I would've liked (not all of our members are RPers). But a few of us are, so if you've got an interested Imperial pilot RPer, head to the website in my sig!
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

zaskar
02.22.2014 , 06:46 PM | #28
My server:
Pot5

My faction:
Both

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?:
There are a couple, I'll let the GMs of those guilds speak for themselves.

Queue times, AM/PM:
AM queues are rare. PM queues are slowing down these days. Pub side gets more queues, more pub vs pub matches.

Queue quality:
It is all over the place. You may get a faction on faction sortie or a sim in both cases it's not rare that at least a an entire wing is made up of new pilots. During the weekends it's not rare to see entire squadrons of new pilots.

Friendliness:
both sides have /pilot, bar a couple of douchebags that seem to be jurks and like to whine or roar everyone is helpful when they ask questions. There will on ocassion be someone that will yell at people in /ops if they are flying around anywhere but in a fight or flying off and forgetting the sat nodes.

Skill:
Like all pvp in this game, time spent and "gear" factor into skill. The stock ships get shot down left and right. Some of the more experienced pilots looking for challenge are flying stock ships as of late.

Premades:
We see wings of guildies flying in the evenings for a couple of hours.

Comments and conclusion:
Pot5 can be tough to break into, the amount of mastered ships is high and there still is a very large gap between the subs and non subs in ships and experience.

LegoUniverseBC
02.22.2014 , 07:25 PM | #29
So far there isn't a really good server from the looks of it.
Does anyone know what the best PvE GSF east coast server is?

Camelpockets
02.22.2014 , 08:33 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dormancy View Post
Which server is best for GSF, and why? Which faction, and why? Is your server the best because pilots are friendly, or skilled, or only run in premades, or all of the above?

Let's rank servers based on different criteria, for those who LOVE GSF and might consider switching servers just for it. I'll start:

My server:
Begeren Colony

My faction:
Mainly Imperial, occasionally Republic

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?:
Doesn't seem like it.

Queue times, AM/PM:
AM queues are rare. PM queues are slowing down these days. Pub side gets more queues, more pub vs pub matches.

Queue quality:
I almost never get a match without 2-3 people on each team with only the starter ships (ie. newbie GSF pilots).

Friendliness:
Generally friendly if you get some ops chat going, which is difficult in GSF.

Skill:
There are maybe 15-20 aces total, but only a few are on together at any given time. (Think Drake's equation.)

Premades:
Almost non-existent.

Comments and conclusion:
Begeren Colony would be great for new pilots who want to experience GSF among other new pilots.
100% Agreed. Even just the friendly community alone on Pub side keeps drawing me back into playing. Besides blowing up people in spaceships. And it's much less hostile than ground pvp. Wayyyyyy too much drama there.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands