Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: How to build a gunship

Sadishist
01.20.2014 , 05:54 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Interdiction is basically useless for a GS, unless you are desperate. Ive seen nothing for it to outweigh the bonus from barrel roll.

As for the inherent range, i think it was something like 2k.
I'm not sure, I've seen people getting the debuff at ~2.5k

WiseStranger
02.05.2014 , 02:15 AM | #32
Time to dust off this guide to ensure new generation of F2P players and players who're coming back for the official GSF launch have better understanding of gunships.
Guide was updated to reflect changes as of patch 2.6

If you like something - feel free to express it.
If you want to see something covered in more details - feel free to ask.
If you disagree with something - make it constructive and post it.

TheOldDruid
02.22.2014 , 04:58 PM | #33
Until the introduction of the bomber class I always flew scouts. Once upgraded, I did well, not ace material but well. After bombers came out it became apparent that our side would suffer without a counter. And during some of the hours I play, there was a lack of GS support. I jumped into my gunship and was shot down within the first minute or less, without doing any damage. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and decided that I would not be driving a ship that handled like a fully loaded dump truck with flat tires. After finding and reading your guide, just over 2 weeks ago, I built your ship, using your crew, and using your game plan for survival. It has made a HUGE difference. I don't focus on direct kills in the GS, as that is why I fly the scout. Rather, I use the GS as a support tool to let scouts and strikes do their job. I have about 100 hours of flight time/credits (pub side), so the build went quicker for me than for a new player. Just wanted to thank you for the guide and the survival advice. It worked well. Bwulf POT5 Armada

WiseStranger
02.22.2014 , 06:16 PM | #34
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm glad it worked out for you well and it's even more impressive how you were able to dig this thread out. It was probably on 20th page or so, and sadly it will end up in there in not so distant future, buried under "Neft Gunship" threads.