The mechanics behind CXP

Ended the third day at rank 93. I'm pretty sure I had the world-first rank 90 but it's impossible to know for sure. Weekly cap is still not in sight.

A small side note, you won't receive the tier 2 crates and the flair with rank 90, you actually have to complete rank 90 (= reach level 91) to get to tier 2.

Can you please describe how you are getting the ranks so fast? We were doing ranked premades with the bonus, getting 1000 cxp per match, but got to only rank 25 before we had enough of that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please describe how you are getting the ranks so fast? We were doing ranked premades with the bonus, getting 1000 cxp per match, but got to only rank 25 before we had enough of that.

Let me answer that for you:

Right now, the most efficient method appears to be grinding mobs, just like in a typical Asian MMO. This way, I was able to get to rank 43 in the last 24 hours.

Sadly, flashpoints and operations are a joke. I had high hopes for those but endgame is even deader than during KotFE now. Zero reason to PuG those outside of my raid group. At least warzones and GSF give somewhat good CXP so PvP players are happy.

Grinding elites 24/7. Not my idea of fun. I actually can't believe that anybody would do this

Grinding elites 24/7. Not my idea of fun. I actually can't believe that anybody would do this

Yeah, I was also surprised to find that many players willing to do it. But I guess it's too frustrating when other PvE content doesn't give that many CXP.

I don't mind grinding, it is certainly more enjoyable to me than PvP or running flashpoints/operations. To each their own.

He's grinding elites like mad.

But seriously, before I start doing that for hours or even days, I delete all my characters, unsub and uninstall.

On the other hand: We tried Bestia NiM yetserday for a few pulls, the whole group still being in 224s and it seemed like it was actually doable. Sin tanks now take less dtps(in actual numbers, not relatively speaking) from 2 buffed monsters even without dcd usage than a jugg or PT tank took during 4.0. HM TFB was actually a joke and more on level of 4.0 story mode.

So if you get any decent gear at all, even NiM will probably be a snoozefest:(

With bugged dark charge, sins will take less dtps without any utilities or defensives on most fights :(

Let me answer that for you:

yes but which mobs?? :) still didnt answer my question

I can imagine famring Killiks on Alderran but there may be some less annoying mobs to farm. So there is no group bonus? Then i guess u group only to kil them faster.

I heard that multiple times now. What's bugged exactly?

Character sheet is telling me I have +30 % to shield chance bonus(should be 15), I have insane armor(53 % dmg reduction/17k, should be less). For example :)

On the other hand yesterday I was tanking the Monkey from Cartel Warlords and my deflection was 51 %(i have low defense, so this is kinda weird, but then again i have reflect and I use it! :D) but the shield chance was only 37 % in Star Parse. So maybe, just maybe, the character sheet is broken. From 700 attacks that went through only 37 % was shielded. Though I've never studied these numbers, maybe it;s the usual. Not sure.

But probably both, broken stance + broken sheet :D

yes but which mobs?? :) still didnt answer my question

I can imagine famring Killiks on Alderran but there may be some less annoying mobs to farm. So there is no group bonus? Then i guess u group only to kil them faster.

It hardly matters. Every elite gives the same amount of cxp so just find a good spawn, a couple of friends, lots of caffeine and aoe them 24/7. Kiliks are 1 option, tatooine has some good elite spawns too, i'm sure you'll think of some others. The only restriction i think was elites from starter planets, but i might be wrong about that.

Just hit the weekly cap at 3429/4030 CXP in rank 100. :mad:

How can this happen? Musco promised players are unable to reach the weekly cap via normal means. This was not even 3 days. Imagine how much you can farm in a whole week?

I'm really annoyed right now, maybe I'll level my alt but I don't really know what to do now.

How can this happen? Musco promised players are unable to reach the weekly cap via normal means. This was not even 3 days. Imagine how much you can farm in a whole week?

I'm really annoyed right now, maybe I'll level my alt but I don't really know what to do now.

Well gz for rank 100. So the cap is ~350k cxp.

He said it would be impossible by "playing normally".

Guess farming elites for I don't really want to know how long per day isn't considered normal playing. Who would have guessed:rolleyes:

Edit: And for what you should do now: Well, how about actually playing the game? :p

Edited by Torvai

Guess farming elites for I don't really want to know how long per day isn't considered normal playing. Who would have guessed:rolleyes:

That depends. If you're playing asian mmo it's pretty normal.

That depends. If you're playing asian mmo it's pretty normal.

Yeah, but last time I checked this isn't an asian MMO.

And aside from that, in these kind of games it's normally the choice between grinding and paying. Here you pay to be able to grind.

Edit: And for what you should do now: Well, how about actually playing the game? :p

He hit it by farming Elites? What a broken system if that is the case.

They have destroyed this game.

Yeah, but last time I checked this isn't an asian MMO.

And aside from that, in these kind of games it's normally the choice between grinding and paying. Here you pay to be able to grind.

Yes, i even started a thread about that :D

Some of the instanced heroics are pretty decent as you can just reset them without completing the mission, I however haven't found a reliable source which is better than just doing Uprisings tbh. So no idea where the OP is farming. :)

Thanks so based on my calculation the cap is exactly 318k CXP

Thanks! I was planning to calculate it myself but you saved me some work. :)

If my calculations are right..

• You will hit the cap in your first week by reaching 3429/4030 of your rank 100.
  • You will hit the cap in your second week by reaching 4290/4520 of your rank 174
  • You will hit the cap in your third week by reaching 120/4810 of your rank 243
  • You will be able to hit the max command rank of 300 in your fourth week

Musco thinks legacy level 50 is hard to get. :p