Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vaylin - CM Companion

gamephil
Today , 07:26 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
So basically this? Just label them as clones then everyone can be happy. Bioware gets money and we get companions we would otherwise never have.
Yeah, exactly that. I agree with something I saw recently, that I"m surprised they haven't done it already. Even mute characters could be fun for some of the people. Maybe they think the characters would be degraded somehow by using them that way. If so, well, I'll leave my opinion of what ruins a character to the imagination.

Paulsutherland
Today , 11:59 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by gamephil View Post
Yeah, exactly that. I agree with something I saw recently, that I"m surprised they haven't done it already. Even mute characters could be fun for some of the people. Maybe they think the characters would be degraded somehow by using them that way. If so, well, I'll leave my opinion of what ruins a character to the imagination.
Degraded?

gamephil
Today , 12:29 PM | #93
Degraded?
I mean that maybe they feel that their characters are not being well served by having them be non-story companions, and was indicating that if that is the opinion, there are other things done with them that are worse.

I don't know that this is the attitude. I was just saying that it's one possible reason that they won't take our money.

Paulsutherland
Today , 01:51 PM | #94
I'm going to wager no one thought of it before now. Seems like a win/win for everyone to me.

gamephil
Today , 02:40 PM | #95
I'm going to wager no one thought of it before now. Seems like a win/win for everyone to me.
I hope you're right. I mean, it seems really obvious to me now, so it's hard to believe no one thought of it, but I never did so I don't have any idea why part of me assumes they should have.

Paulsutherland
Today , 02:46 PM | #96
I hope you're right. I mean, it seems really obvious to me now, so it's hard to believe no one thought of it, but I never did so I don't have any idea why part of me assumes they should have.
Heh, simple ideas are always better! The Clone Wars has just come back, so there are miracles out there.

fishpeople
Today , 03:37 PM | #97
Possibly. I'm not sure I want to see what happens to her, all things considered, if she is still alive, considering what happened to the character that is most similar to her. I'm not interested in a repeat.
Couldn't be any worse than the characters they brought back to die for the Nathema flashpoint.

gamephil
Today , 04:20 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
Couldn't be any worse than the characters they brought back to die for the Nathema flashpoint.
I still haven't been able to play it due to an odd Internet issue (I think), but I don't think I'll be able to forgive them any time soon for Watcher 2. I admit I was already inclined toward annoyance, though.