Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Galvetyce

Didn't the duel with Maul and Opress show that pitted against brute strength SIdious will still kick ***?

That is just in lightsaber combat as well, something he considers a joke, this is also the old version of Palpatine, go into Dark Empire and Malgus would cry like a *****.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just in lightsaber combat as well, something he considers a joke, this is also the old version of Palpatine, go into Dark Empire and Malgus would cry like a *****.

To add, he was actually toying with Maul and Savage. Notice how he was laughing and smiling throughout some parts.

I vote Malgus, though that's largely because I find the Old Republic-era characters far more interesting than LOL I DIED FIVE TIMES BUT I KEEP GETTING CLONED OR WHATEVER BECAUSE EU WRITERS ARE BASICALLY FANFIC AUTHORS Original/Prequel Trilogy-era ones.

Revan's the exception, of course. Thanks, Karpyshyn. If there's one thing Star Wars needed, it's more author-insertion fantasy personas.

I vote Malgus, though that's largely because I find the Old Republic-era characters far more interesting than LOL I DIED FIVE TIMES BUT I KEEP GETTING CLONED OR WHATEVER BECAUSE EU WRITERS ARE BASICALLY FANFIC AUTHORS Original/Prequel Trilogy-era ones.

Revan's the exception, of course. Thanks, Karpyshyn. If there's one thing Star Wars needed, it's more author-insertion fantasy personas.

Cloned 5 times? What?

EU had multiple clones of the Emperor. Also one instance of the Imperial Guards using old holo recordings to impersonate him.

Yes I know that, but the Emperor was still just one person not many. He just had empty shells so to speak to take over, so he wasn't really cloned so much just having bodies to go into.

Drew Karpyshyn... man's got real talent. Who else could have taken two protagonists at once and abused their characters and personalities so miserably that they were no longer recognizable to the people who actually played KotOR?

• 1 month later...
Sidious is the most powerful Sith to have ever existed. Let me put it this way-

Malgus is a good. In fact, for his era, he is incredibly good. But Sidious has the advantage of a few thousand years of progression in Force techniques, abilities and Lightsaber styles. Which means his abilities will be way more advanced. It would be like pitching a member of the SAS armed with Claymores, a Barett .50cal and an assault rifle Vs. a soldier with a musket and basic shrapnel bombs from the Battle of Waterloo.

Secondly, Sidious has even more of an edge thanks to the Rule of Two, implemented by Bane. According to this rule, the Apprentice has to kill the Master. Which means the Apprentice has to become stronger than the Master. And this happened over, and over and over with each successive Apprentice learning a little more, becoming a little more powerful, until we hit Sidious. The most powerful of the lot. I mean, Sidious was able to drag himself back from the dead. Destroy entire fleets with a Force Storm. Mind control an entire planet. Oh! And move so fast that he couldn't be seen by the human eye. Malgus doesn't have a patch on that.

And if that isn't good enough for you? Well, George Lucas said it was so. Which does kinda make it final.

The Sith being light years ahead in force power during PT era is very debatable, but even if that were true

Malgus like Vitiate were just in a different league from any other sith in their era. I have no doubt Malgus was the 2nd most powerful sith, and probably not too far off from Emperor Vitiate himself. In the Deceived novel Malgus merges with the force after killing his lover Elana Daaru. He no longer is drawing on the dark side of the force, but he merges with it. He becomes more powerful then he ever was. Prior to this occurrence he was already mega powerful. He was an unstoppable fighting machine. When he becomes the new emperor it takes the two most powerful sith lords with the help of the best bounty hunter and the best agent to defeat him, and is still unknown if he was actually killed. The Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox together would be no match for Malgus and they are the empire's best. With that said I think it's unfair to equate Malgus to a musket wielding soldier from The Battle of Waterloo. You make him sound like a token sith apprentice from Lord Kaan's Dark brotherhood. If anything he would certainly hold his own in a duel with Sidious. The guy is unstoppable wrecking ball and I doubt he would go down easy.. If a duel between Malgus and Sidious could actually take place I believe after a long intense duel Sidious would win, but when its over he would acknowledge Malgus as a worthy adversary.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Malgus like Vitiate were just in a different league from any other sith in their era. I have no doubt Malgus was the 2nd most powerful sith, and probably not too far off from Emperor Vitiate himself.

No, Darth Jadus was widely recognised as second most powerful.

If anything he would certainly hold his own in a duel with Sidious. The guy is unstoppable wrecking ball and I doubt he would go down easy.. If a duel between Malgus and Sidious could actually take place I believe after a long intense duel Sidious would win, but when its over he would acknowledge Malgus as a worthy adversary.

No he wouldn't, only Yoda and Windu held their own against him in RotJ, the former was the most powerful Light Sider seen yet. and the latter was the inventer of the perfect anti-dark side lightsaber form in Vaapad AND had the ability of Shatterpoint. Just like Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto whom were all masterful duellists, he'd die the moment he drew his blade probably.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I'm afraid it's Sideous, since I'm pretty sure he's the most powerful Sith in canon history. If I'm wrong about that then somebody please tell me :p

Thats because Georgie said so.

Im my opinion no New Era-Forcewielder is a match for the Sith of the old Republic-Era. Not by a longshot.

I like to believe that the whole secret of eternal power was lost during the 3000 years of darkness. And I like to believe that my beloved Revan would have whiped the floor with Sidious. I mean, after all, Sidious couldn´t even prevent or survive getting tossed in a hole, thats pretty pathetic for a Sith Lord that powerful.

Thats because Georgie said so.

Im my opinion no New Era-Forcewielder is a match for the Sith of the old Republic-Era. Not by a longshot.

I like to believe that the whole secret of eternal power was lost during the 3000 years of darkness. And I like to believe that my beloved Revan would have whiped the floor with Sidious. I mean, after all, Sidious couldn´t even prevent or survive getting tossed in a hole, thats pretty pathetic for a Sith Lord that powerful.

Kreia's words are very ill-informed, the canon powers of Sith/Jedi only increased as time goes on, over all, though there were some weak-spots for both orders.

If a duel between Malgus and Sidious could actually take place I believe after a long intense duel Sidious would win, but when its over he would acknowledge Malgus as a worthy adversary.

The only worthy adversaries for Darth Sidious are: Mace Windu (dueling skill only), Yoda (he had some good moments in the final battle), Luke Skywalker (defeated him), and I would probably toss in one or two NJO Masters (not sure though).

Also, George Lucas has explicitly stated when asked if Mace's team was simply cannon fodder, he responded that you have to be Mace or Yoda to beat Palpatine. Basically saying that three of the Order's best were cannon fodder in that battle.

Not only that, but Malgus has nothing on Sidious.

Force Lightning? Great. Sidious can ravage planets with his.

Great dueling skill? OK. Sidious matches one of the greatest Jedi duelists to ever live.

Oneness with the Dark Side? Sidious was the Dark Side in mortal form.

It's simple. Malgus doesn't have what it takes.

The only worthy adversaries for Darth Sidious are: Mace Windu (dueling skill only), Yoda (he had some good moments in the final battle), Luke Skywalker (defeated him), and I would probably toss in one or two NJO Masters (not sure though).

Also, George Lucas has explicitly stated when asked if Mace's team was simply cannon fodder, he responded that you have to be Mace or Yoda to beat Palpatine. Basically saying that three of the Order's best were cannon fodder in that battle.

Not only that, but Malgus has nothing on Sidious.

Force Lightning? Great. Sidious can ravage planets with his.

Great dueling skill? OK. Sidious matches one of the greatest Jedi duelists to ever live.

Oneness with the Dark Side? Sidious was the Dark Side in mortal form.

It's simple. Malgus doesn't have what it takes.

I wouldn't say beat though, at least for Mace. Last/Stalemate? Sure, but remember Mace only lasted because he had an amp, it wasn't really his own power so take that away and well....ya.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I wouldn't say beat though, at least for Mace. Last/Stalemate? Sure, but remember Mace only lasted because he had an amp, it wasn't really his own power so take that away and well....ya.

Well, yeah, of course. I didn't say that he could beat Sidious, just that he's a worthy adversary. I suspect their duel could go on for a long time, with Sidious ending it whenever he wished.

I'll say this much, if Windu could've drawn that battle out and Anakin not interfered, i think his shatterpoint may have just about given him the edge needed to kill Sidious, unlikely, but if he can keep him duelling and keep force prowess out of the equation, Windu may well have killed Sidious in a quick surprise attack, just like when he tricked Sidious onto the ledge and this is sparta'd him in the face.

I'll say this much, if Windu could've drawn that battle out and Anakin not interfered, i think his shatterpoint may have just about given him the edge needed to kill Sidious, unlikely, but if he can keep him duelling and keep force prowess out of the equation, Windu may well have killed Sidious in a quick surprise attack, just like when he tricked Sidious onto the ledge and this is sparta'd him in the face.

For that bit, he drew on the power from Anakin who was on his way in. Before that, they were just fighting at an impass.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

For that bit, he drew on the power from Anakin who was on his way in.

I read the RotS novel yesterday, says very basically that he forced Sidious onto the ledge and because of how high it was, Sidious had to lessen his speed and use the force to kind of stick himself onto the ledge so as to not fall out, then Windu took advantage of this momentary pause in force speed and kicked him in the face, did he draw from other's power? sure. did it work? damn straight.

I read the RotS novel yesterday, says very basically that he forced Sidious onto the ledge and because of how high it was, Sidious had to lessen his speed and use the force to kind of stick himself onto the ledge so as to not fall out, then Windu took advantage of this momentary pause in force speed and kicked him in the face, did he draw from other's power? sure. did it work? damn straight.

Edit: Oh wait, you did say he drew on his power nvrm then.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Edit: Oh wait, you did say he drew on his power nvrm then. Though I don't see anything about Sidious slowing down.

I never said you were wrong, I am just saying he managed to genuinely surprise Sidious in open combat, I am not saying where he got this power from, not at all, I am simply stating his positioning and shatterpoint ability allowed him to take advantage of the environment enough to put the dark lord on his arse.

I never said you were wrong, I am just saying he managed to genuinely surprise Sidious in open combat, I am not saying where he got this power from, not at all, I am simply stating his positioning and shatterpoint ability allowed him to take advantage of the environment enough to put the dark lord on his arse.

Unless....it was Sidious' plan all along! :eek: I mean cause Anakin came in at just the right time. :p But I see what you mean.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Unless....it was Sidious' plan all along! :eek: I mean cause Anakin came in at just the right time. :p But I see what you mean.

Technically, Anakin didn't come in til a little bit afterwards but yes I get your point, it's the deception theory, a very popular one.

I hold to the thought that Windu did actually square him out in a proper duel, but then the deception started the moment Anakin came walking in, I also realise that the moment Sidious has his force prowess on display, the Weapon master gets fried.