Ranked WZs/Kick-ball

Expostar

Heads up, Uncensored will be going back to what we were doing before kick-ball. We will be in the ranked Queue 5-7 days a week. I know this will piss a lot of people off. We're not trying to be inconsiderate, we're just trying to do what we love with or without pops.

Ranked is designed for competitive play so I hope the server can start putting together guild teams like Unicorn and Republic Strikes Back. Another option is well rounded teams from kickball. I played at least 10 nights with you guys and there are many great players that could give anyone a run for their money when put together.

If you understand, thanks! If not I'm sorry, but I have the health and moral of my guild to worry about.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We queue with oue Rank Team Echo every Wednesday for around 3 scheduled hours so will see you then. There's also whispers of a 2nd team being formed in Unicorns by other members of the guild that may also run on other nights. TBC however.

Wednesdays for a Stampeding :p

X

Heads up, Uncensored will be going back to what we were doing before kick-ball. We will be in the ranked Queue 5-7 days a week. I know this will piss a lot of people off. We're not trying to be inconsiderate, we're just trying to do what we love with or without pops.

Ranked is designed for competitive play so I hope the server can start putting together guild teams like Unicorn and Republic Strikes Back. Another option is well rounded teams from kickball. I played at least 10 nights with you guys and there are many great players that could give anyone a run for their money when put together.

If you understand, thanks! If not I'm sorry, but I have the health and moral of my guild to worry about.

I love this. That is all.

Alright, when I made this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578267 there are many things that have happened that I hadn't foreseen at all. I find myself conflicted and confused as to what is the best thing to do to keep the ranked warzone community healthy. I will post my thoughts simply because I care about this. If you don't feel like reading the wall of text, you can skip to the important part.

- Foxmob post is a very good example of why ranked warzones can become stale. Uncensored merely posting they are going to queue full group is enough to claim that ranked wz are dead? This look like a very pessimistic attitude to me and if everyone think that way, of course it's gonna die, and fast. The good news is that a good attitude can do the exact opposite, here I can take Teamluckyseven as an example, who keeps queing and are slowly but surely improving. Unicorn Stampede new ranked group put up a real fight against Uncensored last time I played against them. They haven't been playing with this team for very long, although I suppose they have been playing together in reg etc. for a while. They took the time to practice in outlaw's den and put a serious effort in their team and there you go.

- That being said, I still think kickball ranked wz are awesome. Even if the ranked wz had like 5 full guilds queing every night consistently, I think everyone would enjoy 1 to 3 days of kickball every week. It's refreshing, let's you know the people you play against better (every person I talked to on mumble was nice), it's less "serious" and less pressure. It's fun to try messy comps and play "underpowered" specs.

- BUT kickball ranked wz shouldn't be the main event imho. I've talked to CM about my concerns a couple days ago and he shared a similar opinion to mine. The thread I made and the actions I've taken with pugs group on imp side and CM with the sometimes 40 people ops group on pub side had as primary objective to revitalize the community. The goal was that people would improve, familiarize with competitive games and have enough fun to want more. That way, maybe we'd get more full real teams.

- Now last time I queued with Uncensored full group against pugs, I have been accused of being an hypocrite, which has made me sad. I could go on to argue why I did it but I think it wouldn't do much good. I'd rather talk about what's going to happen next. My guild wants to queue full group for many reasons. And kickball night 4-5 days a week is essentially stopping us from playing together and getting very competitive match. Sure balanced pug teams create competition, but a lower level of competition.

- IMPORTANT PART : I suggest that kickball should be done 1 to 3 days per week. I think that during these 1 to 3 days, it would be great if the strongest guilds could agree not to queue. Or like Uncensored did, to queue only after letting the pugs group fight each other for 2 hours. As it was proposed by Jinxs, alternatively, after 2 hours, a super-pug team could be made. Now I don't have a definition of what would be a super-pug team, but it could be a team made of players considered very good and/or a team with a very powerful composition. (4 smashers 1 bubble 1 scoundrel healer 1 guardian tank 1 shadow tank lolol) With the current state of the game and our server's community, I think this is the right moment to try to get full guild ranked PvP going again. If it doesn't work now, then imho it means it's not gonna work no matter what we do until Bioware make some massive changes. Finally, remember the people that said kickball wouldn't work. It worked. For a time? Maybe. The point is we have the power to do what we want if everyone step up.

Thank you for reading.

PS : CM and Jinxs, I think you two don't like each others because of bad communication and I hope we can all come to an agreement that make the majority happy. I am still uncertain about what I will do if Jinxs refuses to let kickball happen around 2 days per week. My loyalty is to Uncensored, but I play this game to have fun. I think I'm doing everything I can so that we can have an healthy community. I'm gonna queue with Uncensored full group probably around 4 times a week and if after that, for WHATEVER reasons (cause we all know one good guild queing ranked is not the source of SWTOR ranked PvP problems) ranked warzones ends up dead, well I'll have fun while I can for one last month then I'll unsub and wait for changes.

- Foxmob post is a very good example of why ranked warzones can become stale. Uncensored merely posting they are going to queue full group is enough to claim that ranked wz are dead? This look like a very pessimistic attitude to me and if everyone think that way, of course it's gonna die, and fast. The good news is that a good attitude can do the exact opposite, here I can take Teamluckyseven as an example, who keeps queing and are slowly but surely improving. Unicorn Stampede new ranked group put up a real fight against Uncensored last time I played against them. They haven't been playing with this team for very long, although I suppose they have been playing together in reg etc. for a while. They took the time to practice in outlaw's den and put a serious effort in their team and there you go.

- That being said, I still think kickball ranked wz are awesome. Even if the ranked wz had like 5 full guilds queing every night consistently, I think everyone would enjoy 1 to 3 days of kickball every week. It's refreshing, let's you know the people you play against better (every person I talked to on mumble was nice), it's less "serious" and less pressure. It's fun to try messy comps and play "underpowered" specs. .

5-7 nights per week. that makes your second paragraph irrelevant. whatever. all the bubble stun makes "competitive" pvp the least fun thing to do in this game.

Edited by foxmob

Happy day, I nearly unsubbed. Hopefully this and possible balance fixes in 1.7 will prompt others to queue. Kick-ball might have seemed as if it was reinvigorating ranked but I think it had the opposite effect. Kick-ball basically turned ranked in regs with a large number of those who previously enjoyed the competitive aspect being resented for queuing. That being said there's absolutely no reason pug teams still can't form, having greater competition SHOULD inspire others to improve. A loss is more motivating than a win in my books, a month of straight losses? even better.

Kick-ball ranked reminds me of these pansy *** sports leagues I see all these kids in nowadays where it's not about competition or winning but if everyone had fun. Same as schools and all the complaining about bullies, in my k-12 school days if someone bullied you you did something about it not whine like a ***** to authority. So I guess I'm saying if anyone disagrees with Uncensored queuing for proper competitive ranked games, as the system is designed for, do something about.

Honestly, I can't blame them. If pvp was worth it in this game I would have done the same thing. Ranked WZ's was intended for high level pvp play. Unfortunately, because of the lack incentives, lack of cross server and overall broken pvp mechanics this game will NEVER be destined for a high level of anything.

I for one hope this changes but with this development teams record I am not holding my breath.

PS. Don't advertise which days you q up. When we did that in the past no one showed up. Just some friendly advice! :D

Edited by Utopii

Happy day, I nearly unsubbed. Hopefully this and possible balance fixes in 1.7 will prompt others to queue. Kick-ball might have seemed as if it was reinvigorating ranked but I think it had the opposite effect. Kick-ball basically turned ranked in regs with a large number of those who previously enjoyed the competitive aspect being resented for queuing. That being said there's absolutely no reason pug teams still can't form, having greater competition SHOULD inspire others to improve. A loss is more motivating than a win in my books, a month of straight losses? even better.

Kick-ball ranked reminds me of these pansy *** sports leagues I see all these kids in nowadays where it's not about competition or winning but if everyone had fun. Same as schools and all the complaining about bullies, in my k-12 school days if someone bullied you you did something about it not whine like a ***** to authority. So I guess I'm saying if anyone disagrees with Uncensored queuing for proper competitive ranked games, as the system is designed for, do something about.

KK, just tell me which dps you guys wanted to bring, and I'll duel them :) I mean, I'm obviously just a pug-ranked/reg wz hero so I'm sure that you super serious, pro ranked players should have no issue what so ever

KK, just tell me which dps you guys wanted to bring, and I'll duel them :) I mean, I'm obviously just a pug-ranked/reg wz hero so I'm sure that you super serious, pro ranked players should have no issue what so ever

Or you could put together a full PD team and jump in the ranked queue? But for some reason I don't see this happening.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here Vasyel. I don't doubt that you could challenge or beat many of the top dps on the server in 1vs1 including Uncensored, you're class/spec is one the best for 1vs1 but I do question it's role in ranked.That being said I also enjoy playing against you as you always make healing a challenge. You should work towards putting together a consistent ranked team.

At least I know where I can find Guts when I'm looking for a new ahole :p

We are gonna be running 2x a week and since we are still getting there, we appreciate the battles. Nothing better than a loosing battle to train the soldiers. Regs are just too easy some days.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here Vasyel. I don't doubt that you could challenge or beat many of the top dps on the server in 1vs1 including Uncensored, you're class/spec is one the best for 1vs1 but I do question it's role in ranked.That being said I also enjoy playing against you as you always make healing a challenge. You should work towards putting together a consistent ranked team.

Oh god... oh god.... ohhh goooddd (Quagmire voice). Who might these top dps be? Have you been hiding them from us?

Yeah, the whole lack of tank thing... good luck in the B team!

So there's not one PD member who pvps that's willing to respec and gear into a tanking role? Or you haven't tried to recruit one? The no tank excuse can only be used for so long.

And nice attempt with that B team insult, made me lol

So there's not one PD member who pvps that's willing to respec and gear into a tanking role? Or you haven't tried to recruit one? The no tank excuse can only be used for so long.

And nice attempt with that B team insult, made me lol

I mean we have guys with tank gear and guys with tank AC's and I shout at them every day to put together a tank set, but the geared ones infrequently log and the un-geared ones are busy saying "Hur dur, I'm a tankasin".

And it made me lol a bit too, but remember, I was laughing with you, not at you (though I frequently get the two confused)

At least I know where I can find Guts when I'm looking for a new ahole :p

We are gonna be running 2x a week and since we are still getting there, we appreciate the battles. Nothing better than a loosing battle to train the soldiers. Regs are just too easy some days.

Just run three healers, it will give you the image of being good.

Oh god... oh god.... ohhh goooddd (Quagmire voice). Who might these top dps be? Have you been hiding them from us?

I show you respect, pay you compliments, logically articulate my view point and you respond as such? There's no need for all this disdain. Maybe you think myself and others are supercilious? If so apologies that is/was not the intention.