Two beginner questions :P

Wabizuke

First a bounty hunter question, i've seen in the trailers that they can.. how do you say hit them in the neck with you're gun and they fall uncunsious(lol sorry about my spelling) is this a spell or a basic stuff anyone can do?

Second beasts.

Is it possible to gain beasts as you're pets(buy/tame/catch something) If yes, what once can you get? :p

No, thats just a cut scene thing. They do get CC but, at my last time of playing, it was in grenade form. I know they get an uppercut for close quarters though.

And no, no they don't get pets to tame, no class does. Just companions.

Edited by Gomla

BH's get CC but alas it's not a rifle stock hit.

They use Blaster Pistols but do get an uppercut.

And no, no they don't get pets to tame, no class does. Just companions.

Nah, they don't but stock ppl or kick them in the groin. They set them on fire, rocket pack upper cut them, and at higher levels stab them with a hot blade protruding out of their arm...

There are in game pets. But you do not go out and catch them like SWG creature handler. Yeah I went way back.

Don't believe those official videos... the mobs they are fighting have like 2 hit points heh.

All classes... let me say it again, All classes have crowd control abilities. Some more noticeable than others. What you probably saw was their level 3? melee attack. Much like the soldiers buttstroke move, same for the bounty hunter. (Classes are mirrored exactly FYI).

Oh okay thanks!

And on that point arent you wrong? :p because i've read you are able to, on later level get "salky hounds" from the black market? or am i totally mistaken? :p

You can get "mini pet" type of things.

CE owners get a little robot mouse thingy.

But no combat pets to catch/tame.

Is it possible to gain beasts as you're pets(buy/tame/catch something) If yes, what once can you get? :p

As a Sith Warrior, you can try to tame Vette. Just keep the shock collar active and she will settle down eventually. :D

Oh okay thanks!

And on that point arent you wrong? :p because i've read you are able to, on later level get "salky hounds" from the black market? or am i totally mistaken? :p

There are out of combat cosmetic pets, thats all.

Your Companion could be considered a "Pet" but they are much tougher and much more useful than any pet I've used in an MMO.

Crowd Control abilities are moves you have that affect another players ability to do an action.

Some are snares - make them move slower for a while

While others are stuns- unable to do any action and be able to attack

Mez (from DAOC) - like a stun, but they can move again if they take damage

Those are just some examples, but the main ones. Some are single target, others are Area of Effect (AoE).

and what are crowd control abilities? :p (really new)

Crowd Control (CC) is used to put mobs out of combat for a short period of time.

If you have a group of say 3 mobs and you want to take them one at a time you would use what CC abilities you have on the other 2 and take the one remaining.

They don't last long though so don't try CC'ing a mob then sitting down for a sammich.