2200 parse as Carnage

marshmallow

That's really *********** nit-picky...

I agree but in that way I'm sure I'll be able to do the same thing if I consider to get full dread guard, get a buddy with an Arp debuff, and edit the end at the log. I just don't want to spend that kind of energy/credits etc into that little extra since I won't experience all the pleasure of it like Marsh does.

Erm okay so why is editing out the waiting to get out of combat bad? Its more realistic to a raid setting. I agree with the Arp thing, I will try and get this same number w/o armor pen. The rest is just really picky and a little bit ridiculous.

Except the 2193 thing, I agree on the fact I'm a bit picky but like I said, it's just my opinion. I also dont wanna spend adrenals cause I dont use them in raids 2. Adrenals when your doing already constant 2.1k damage? It will frustrate tanks on their aggro even more (which could be fun sometimes). The only thing why I call up these details because those are the thing I'll take up when I'm parsing myself. Fulfilling those I'm hitting a +/-2.1k parse and because of that I also know this log is legal. The only thing blocking me especially is lack of dread guard gear^^

But besides that and what is most important: I congratulate you with it and that it's good to see some people get full dread guard and tune it out till the end. I'm not trying to hate but just compliment you, it shows us how far to take the sentinel/marauder and for that, I'm proud on those who do that:)

Edited by Freezoide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*though and also even if your marauder was geared you wouldn't get close to 2200.

To your second point, obviously no one is as good as me because I haven't seen any parses beating me yet like people say they will post. People think getting 2200 w/armor pen is really easy when its still actually pretty difficult to do.

But really I want people to put their parses up here so I can compare with them since apparently getting 2200 DPS is the easiest thing to people nowadays, even though i've yet to see any other 2200 parses apart from Hybles, or any other Ambient DPS. This thread is really not meant to be a troll thread.

Congratulations, you spotted a typo. Want a medal for that too lol?

As for the 2nd part, I rest my case on the attitude.

I agree but in that way I'm sure I'll be able to do the same thing if I consider to get full dread guard, get a buddy with an Arp debuff, and edit the end at the log. I just don't want to spend that kind of energy/credits etc into that little extra since I won't experience all the pleasure of it like Marsh does.

Except the 2193 thing, I agree on the fact I'm a bit picky but like I said, it's just my opinion. I also dont wanna spend adrenals cause I dont use them in raids 2. Adrenals when your doing already constant 2.1k damage? It will frustrate tanks on their aggro even more (which could be fun sometimes). The only thing why I call up these details because those are the thing I'll take up when I'm parsing myself. Fulfilling those I'm hitting a +/-2.1k parse and because of that I also know this log is legal. The only thing blocking me especially is lack of dread guard gear^^

But besides that and what is most important: I congratulate you with it and that it's good to see some people get full dread guard and tune it out till the end. I'm not trying to hate but just compliment you, it shows us how far to take the sentinel/marauder and for that, I'm proud on those who do that:)

Meh I'm Biochem so I just use my reusable rakata attack adrenal. (also me and my friend who is also a dps play a game to see how many times we can pull off the tanks, and whoever pulls more times wins lol.)

Also you should post some of your parses on here, because I'm interested what other people are parsing throughout the game.

I noticed you use this really unique opener, mind telling us why you use it or how you came up with it? LAWL

Also don't back down just cause these "omg i dont have the gear" bums gang up on you about your epeen, it isnt your style, hit them over the head with it and call them bads.

Edited by Saferai

Why did you laugh? you know that once gore is up arp is at 100%.. No other arp helps after that.. herp derp

Cause Gore is up 100% of the time, amirite?

Herp derp.

Given that the theoretical maximum uptime of Gore is 30% (definitively less in practice), a statement like "an arp debuff barely effects us" is pretty stupid.

Edited by Aurojiin

Show me your 2200 parse on the dummy

I dont sit around on the dummy. Only dummies parse on dummy. Where you have 2 friends debuffing for you and sucking you off at the same time. Show me a raid log or get lost.

If I want to see what a mara is capable of, I will run simc, not look at ur parse. You are prolly the kind of person who does this, thinks they are pro get into a raid and dont know ur arse from your mouth when it comes to mechanics as all you can do is Dummy dps

OMG i r do 2k deeps on dummy.

Cause Gore is up 100% of the time, amirite?

Herp derp.

Given that the theoretical maximum uptime of Gore is 30% (definitively less in practice), a statement like "an arp debuff barely effects us" is pretty stupid.

If you ever went through a log an added up the total damage done during gore's uptime and or any other damage not mitigated by armor you would realize that about 55-57% of an average carnage parses damage occurs during the 100% arp time, as to you know annihlation at around 39-40%.

If you asked someone which they though was better on armored targets, I'd be willing to bet most ppl would say annih and not carnage. 55% vs the 30% you spouted off is a very sizeable difference. Hell an arp debuff on an ops boss is only a 7.51% damage increase to any damage mitigated by armor, so heres some 1 min napkin math 7.51%*45% = 3.38% being generous and rounding up. 3.38% of 2193 is 74. 74 dps out of 2193...

You might want to know your metrics before you pop off at the mouth like you do, because 3.38% could be summed up as barely affecting carnage.

I dont sit around on the dummy. Only dummies parse on dummy. Where you have 2 friends debuffing for you and sucking you off at the same time. Show me a raid log or get lost.

If I want to see what a mara is capable of, I will run simc, not look at ur parse. You are prolly the kind of person who does this, thinks they are pro get into a raid and dont know ur arse from your mouth when it comes to mechanics as all you can do is Dummy dps

OMG i r do 2k deeps on dummy.

First of all, I only had ONE other guys hitting the dummy, and thats only because he wanted to parse too, if he didn't then he wouldn't have been on the dummy at all as to not increase my dps. Also if you would like look me up on torparse as I post logs all the time.

Second, I was and am in a world progression raiding guild and know the mechanics of every fight in this game. As a matter of fact I raid lead as well.

Third its actually OMG i r do 2.2k deeps on dummy.

Good job getting your facts straight before you try and troll me bro.

If you ever went through a log an added up the total damage done during gore's uptime and or any other damage not mitigated by armor you would realize that about 55-57% of an average carnage parses damage occurs during the 100% arp time, as to you know annihlation at around 39-40%.

If you asked someone which they though was better on armored targets, I'd be willing to bet most ppl would say annih and not carnage. 55% vs the 30% you spouted off is a very sizeable difference. Hell an arp debuff on an ops boss is only a 7.51% damage increase to any damage mitigated by armor, so heres some 1 min napkin math 7.51%*45% = 3.38% being generous and rounding up. 3.38% of 2193 is 74. 74 dps out of 2193...

You might want to know your metrics before you pop off at the mouth like you do, because 3.38% could be summed up as barely affecting carnage.

Thank you Nachtmahr, finally someone else who understands carnage.

I noticed you use this really unique opener, mind telling us why you use it or how you came up with it? LAWL

Also don't back down just cause these "omg i dont have the gear" bums gang up on you about your epeen, it isnt your style, hit them over the head with it and call them bads.

LMAO and also I dont quite understand what you mean about unique opener

edit: oh wait I see what you did there..

Edited by marshmallow

I do more DPS than this on average with my marauder. It's a shame you refuse to be helpful but instead bash people asking for info. Then again that is why the marauder community is looked badly, because it's easy to get big results. This is another example of another marauder thinking this AC takes skill.

I do more DPS than this on average with my marauder. It's a shame you refuse to be helpful but instead bash people asking for info. Then again that is why the marauder community is looked badly, because it's easy to get big results. This is another example of another marauder thinking this AC takes skill.

Okay show me your parse, anyone can say they do more dps than this on average.

So Carnage does more damage during Gore "as to you know" Annihilation? Maybe you should learn some English. I'm pretty sure Annihilation doesn't do any damage during Gore.

74 DPS figure is actually quite enormous in terms of epeen parse results.

I fully stand by my statements, and I thank you for taking the time to prove them with some simple math.

Edited by Aurojiin

So Carnage does more damage during Gore "as to you know" Annihilation? Maybe you should learn some English. I'm pretty sure Annihilation doesn't do any damage during Gore.

Its very badly written, but I believe what he meant is Annihaltion bleeds account for 40% of the spec's dps, and since its internal it is not mitigated by armor.

The big kicker imo from the armor debuff will come from annihlation's higher tooltip damage from Juyo, meant on each direct attack, a bigger number is mitigated.

I do not expect it to pull that much ahead either, and it shouldn't. Annihlation already holds tons of utIlity, it would be rather dumb if it pulled ahead of carnage damage wise as well. Would make the only reason to play carnage PvP or the fact carnage numbers are easier to pull due to a simpler rotation and more forgiving ressource management and attacks.

Edited by verfallen

Its very badly written, but I believe what he meant is Annihaltion bleeds account for 40% of the spec's dps, and since its internal it is not mitigated by armor.

Yeah, I suspect that's the case.

It just annoys me when people post comments like "maybe you should know your metrics", because they managed to plug 5814 into the armour mitigation formula and do some simple arithmetic. You can't post an show-off parse with no useful information or discourse then pretend factors like an armour debuff don't really affect it. 74 DPS is a huge increase when you're trying to stroke your epeen.

So just pointing out that by Vexo posting out his parse log he is giving you his rotation in a way. Take his combat log and remove all the dumb damage fluff and that leaves you with only the things he activates :rolleyes: I have done the leg work for everyone and did a simple find and replace to give the Sentinel version.

His rotation isn't anything crazy it just rotates around 2 different Gore windows.

1. When Ravage is up

2. When Ravage is down

Heres the Marauder version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uQ4yY3MDCo8ZR3xt9k-koxcQrxq42VoNDFrU4h0MgJ4/edit

Heres the Sentinel version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnZJ5P4YNRf1g3IUXoP1z1E2srjX0zisztq8wICN_KE/edit

@ Vexo thanks for posting your parses, cheers!

Despite the fact the dps on average is quite nice, I consider a 2200 parse as one without adrenal, no other class dude bringing on a Arp buff, 5 minutes long, 1 inspiration and without editing out the non combat / out of combat stuff.

Also the number which is turning up for following the link is 2193.6 and 2193.6 < 2200.

Despite all those silly details, its good and nice to see that there are those driven to go for their max tuned parse ^^, you got your stats in order ^^ Gratz

Actually he capped out at 3000 DPS which is > 2200.

If you want to focus on details let's focus on all of them k?

Show me a DPS parse of a concealment/scrapper with even close to those numbers and I'll concede marauders are.... how did BW put it: "Within 5% margin of Concealment/Scrapper" Ahh, ya that's right.

Edited by Ahebish

So just pointing out that by Vexo posting out his parse log he is giving you his rotation in a way. Take his combat log and remove all the dumb damage fluff and that leaves you with only the things he activates :rolleyes: I have done the leg work for everyone and did a simple find and replace to give the Sentinel version.

His rotation isn't anything crazy it just rotates around 2 different Gore windows.

1. When Ravage is up

2. When Ravage is down

Heres the Marauder version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uQ4yY3MDCo8ZR3xt9k-koxcQrxq42VoNDFrU4h0MgJ4/edit

Heres the Sentinel version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnZJ5P4YNRf1g3IUXoP1z1E2srjX0zisztq8wICN_KE/edit

@ Vexo thanks for posting your parses, cheers!

It's actually a standard Combat/Carnage priority list. The more you play the spec, you'll get your timing down to the point that you have a full stack of Fury exactly as Gore comes off CD (even better when activating Gore actually gets you the final stacks of Fury).

That being said, even though our priority list was nearly identical (I never used Cauterize though because I could never find a way to justify as a DPS increase over Blade Rush), the highest I've pulled was 1900 in 61 gear with no adrenals and no Bloodlust/Inspiration. With 63 gear and using those abilities I figure I could have gotten to 2050ish, so regardless 2195 is a good number.

First of all, I only had ONE other guys hitting the dummy, and thats only because he wanted to parse too, if he didn't then he wouldn't have been on the dummy at all as to not increase my dps. Also if you would like look me up on torparse as I post logs all the time.

Second, I was and am in a world progression raiding guild and know the mechanics of every fight in this game. As a matter of fact I raid lead as well.

Third its actually OMG i r do 2.2k deeps on dummy.

Good job getting your facts straight before you try and troll me bro.

LMAO at world progression raiding. If you were in such a guild, you would know that the parse you have shown is just for fluff. If you want to stroke your epeen ****, post a raid parse.

It's actually a standard Combat/Carnage priority list. The more you play the spec, you'll get your timing down to the point that you have a full stack of Fury exactly as Gore comes off CD (even better when activating Gore actually gets you the final stacks of Fury).

That being said, even though our priority list was nearly identical (I never used Cauterize though because I could never find a way to justify as a DPS increase over Blade Rush), the highest I've pulled was 1900 in 61 gear with no adrenals and no Bloodlust/Inspiration. With 63 gear and using those abilities I figure I could have gotten to 2050ish, so regardless 2195 is a good number.

Priority isn't as important at parses above 2k because it becomes a set rotation. It becomes focus management and making sure you don't make one mistake.

You're forgetting a major ingredient of high DPS parses - having a good internet connection.

I advise anything who thinks queueing eliminates the effect of latency to write some macros and check their combat log.

LMAO at world progression raiding. If you were in such a guild, you would know that the parse you have shown is just for fluff. If you want to stroke your epeen ****, post a raid parse.

Okay good sir, have you every heard of Ambient, who got world first hm ec down evar? well yeah i WAS in that guild before they fell apart, and as i said before look me up on torparse if you want to see raid parses.