Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mount Speeds NOT Working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hillerbees
06.15.2017 , 03:30 PM | #51
That explains why my Ackley's legs seem to be going 90 to the dozen while my tank seems to be plodding along. Thanks for letting us know.

Stariessaber
06.15.2017 , 06:18 PM | #52
Other disappointing thing about this perk is that, there was a perception that this would be a Legacy Perk and not a Character Perk. It would be nice if the could in future clarify issues like this before releasing them live.

The increase isn't alot but at least it is something. lets hope they fix it soon as not much point adding to other characters at this time.

Lirtoo
06.16.2017 , 01:46 AM | #53
The original system is that players receive speeder piloting rank from trainers as they level up, while the perk makes the ranks available at a lower level. This means that the perk is only an advantage for someone who's leveling up a character, while characters that have already reached level 70 should receive speeder piloting 4 and 5 from trainer after logging into patch 5.2.2. But that did not happen. My level 70 characters are still at rank 3. This doesn't make sense according to the original system.

TyonYlle
06.16.2017 , 01:58 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
When is 5.3 scheduled for? Are you seriously going to force us to wait that long to fix this new feature? Something like this needs to be hotfixed ASAP!
Is waiting really that difficult, just relax. It'll come. ^‿^
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Yezzan
06.16.2017 , 02:25 AM | #55
The speeder piloting is free and trainable at your skills trainer. You buy the character perk, if you want to have access to the various speeder piloting (speed boost) before you are of the required level to do so. For example, you can train speeder piloting level 1 when you reach level 10 or you can buy the character perk that allows you to use it from level 1.

So, it's not the same thing as saying you can ONLY access speeder piloting 1, if you buy the character unlock, which is the case with levels 4 and 5. And the announcement was misleading. If it is a character perk, then it should have the same characteristics as the speeder piloting 1-3, trainable at your skills trainer. You can't have it both ways. Otherwise, they should have their own tab under the global unlock.

TL;DR: If it is a character perk then it should be trainable, like speeder 1-3, at your skills trainer. If not, then it should be under a different tab in the global unlock sections.

Lirtoo
06.16.2017 , 03:46 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
The speeder piloting is free and trainable at your skills trainer. You buy the character perk, if you want to have access to the various speeder piloting (speed boost) before you are of the required level to do so. For example, you can train speeder piloting level 1 when you reach level 10 or you can buy the character perk that allows you to use it from level 1.

So, it's not the same thing as saying you can ONLY access speeder piloting 1, if you buy the character unlock, which is the case with levels 4 and 5. And the announcement was misleading. If it is a character perk, then it should have the same characteristics as the speeder piloting 1-3, trainable at your skills trainer. You can't have it both ways. Otherwise, they should have their own tab under the global unlock.

TL;DR: If it is a character perk then it should be trainable, like speeder 1-3, at your skills trainer. If not, then it should be under a different tab in the global unlock sections.
Like I said. The perk is something for people who wants to unlock the speeder piloting at earlier levels. If the system is still like that, then it is logic that a level 70 who has unlocked rank 4 and 5 perk travels in the same speed as other level 70's who have not unlocked them. Since they are travelling in the same speed, both of them got rank 5, or they are both still at rank 3 because of a bug. Either way, it seems to be a bug.

Bug type 1: As level 70, if we received rank 5 without the need of training, the bug could be that we all are travelling at 130%, but the certificate in the abilities sheet wrongly says rank 3 while being rank 5 in reality.

Bug type 2: As a level 70, rank 4 and 5 should have popped up in the abilities sheet as trainable abilities when we logged into 5.2.2, but didn't, which means we are all still travelling in 110% speed.

mrwayn
06.16.2017 , 03:59 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
HAHA!! SWTOR says: "Suck it Polution! Go Green or Get Left Behind!"
Have you seen some of this creatures?! I'm sure they produce more methane and other gases in a day by farting than the whole population of coruscant...
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

BRKMSN
06.16.2017 , 06:00 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by ludoviccb View Post
LEGACY PERKS imply that it's Legacy wide. This is why the patch notes are misleading since they added 2 levels of Character Perks.

This is the exact quote from the patch notes :
•New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.
Character perks are a sub-category of legacy perks. They are and always have been.

FtWorthJim
06.16.2017 , 06:42 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.
"Legacy Perk" means it is granted through the Legacy system, not necessarily a Legacy wide purchase. You made the Purchase on the Character Perk screen. That should have told you it was per character.

foxxycandy
06.16.2017 , 08:25 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric
Hey Eric,

I've posted this on the Reddit but I'm not sure if you've caught onto it. Not every creature mount works.

One that I have confirmed works is the Hinterland Whitefang (for everyone else here).