Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mount Speeds NOT Working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TopAceOfEarth
06.13.2017 , 09:37 AM | #21
Not sure what people are on about, but it is working.

Raced a guildy who had rank 5 and I had rank 3, i started early and he overtook me after a bit, it is working.

But unlocking it for 50+ chars is just not feasible. Make it a 10-15 mil legacy unlock or something.
Halcyon Legacy
Might want to Bookmark https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/Cancel - cause they removed the button

Screaming_Ziva
06.13.2017 , 10:09 AM | #22
Calling these "legacy perks" in the patch notes and advertising them as "legacy perks" is very misleading. Yes, they are on the legacy screen but aren't they in the character unlock portion of that screen. Having to pay and unlock these for every character is definitely not a "legacy perk".
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for. Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Silko
06.13.2017 , 12:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
In addition to fixing these perks from not working at all, please change these Tier IV and V speeder unlocks to be legacy wide and/or just make them available via trainer at level 60 and 70. They are far too expensive for per-character unlocks. 50k-200k per character would be okay, but it would still be too annoying to unlock this on 40 characters separately, so just make it legacy wide.
This. They were stated as LEGACY perks not CHARACTER perks. There is zero reason to not put it under the global unlocks.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

PhantomWarlock
06.13.2017 , 03:14 PM | #24
It seems as if the speed is working for people who had the Tier 1 - 3 unlocks purchased prior to the unlocking of Tier 4 and 5.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain weight. Thorugh weight, I gain body mass.
Though body mass, my belt is broken. The recliner shall set me free.

PhilRBF
06.13.2017 , 03:18 PM | #25
Fiasco Bioware. Doesn't someone test this crap before it's released to your customers? Also don't advertise something as a 'legacy' unlock when it's not. Good way to disappoint people even further.

mike_carton
06.13.2017 , 03:37 PM | #26
I purchased it for my main character today for 1.8 million. I use "Activate Random Mount" instead of a specific speeder. It feels like the new, higher speed is in effect some times but not others. It might be based on the actual speeder or the planet/location or something else.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Andryah
06.13.2017 , 05:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMairsil View Post
Very disappointing these are character perks and not legacy. For years we've been told the engine couldn't handle higher speeds (well maybe it was true after all, considering it's not working), and now we have to spend 50+ million to get up to speed again? This should really have been a legacy-wide purchase to unlock 4 and 5 on the trainer.

You do know that they have made a number of clearly noticeable incremental performance improvements to the game engine over the years... yes? So this is not surprising, particularly as these new speeder ranks are actually diminishing returns.

What is surprising is that it took them 5 years to get around to this.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

Andryah
06.13.2017 , 05:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
I purchased it for my main character today for 1.8 million. I use "Activate Random Mount" instead of a specific speeder. It feels like the new, higher speed is in effect some times but not others. It might be based on the actual speeder or the planet/location or something else.
Yeah... I have not tried it yet, but it would not surprise me if some speeder types did not get the "memo" about going faster.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

BRKMSN
06.13.2017 , 06:03 PM | #29
I know this reply won't be popular, but Character perks are part of legacy perks. I know there are 2 types, but they both fall under legacy.

That said, the game has needed credit sinks in a bad way. These are not necessities, but simple travel perks that save players time. We have lived since launch with a max 110% speed ... nobody's game experience will worsen by not acquiring the new perks on a character. If you want it, pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love saving credits and making credits, but I'd rather they keep making use of legacy perks as credit sinks so long as they keep adding new legacy perks or tiers to old ones. I am thankful for the opportunity to choose to use the new perks or not.

Vercundus
06.14.2017 , 12:52 AM | #30
I personally do not care how it was advertised, the problem is that the gain is none or little, I'm seeing both reports.

Also, ranks 1-3 are meant to allow access earlier then it should be via trainer. Ranks 4 and 5 do not to the same thing, therefore, they shouldn't be the continuation of previous perks, but rather two new independent perks.

Cost is high for an individual perk, but at least is not as high as cargo and legacy storage.
Rename EU server to Darth Marr!
My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs