Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mount Speeds NOT Working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.15.2017 , 08:53 AM | #31 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Elssha
06.15.2017 , 09:08 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric
What about the misleading description of the CM speed unlocks? No where besides the hover-over tool tip do they mention they're per CHARACTER I would like my month's-worth CC back.

SebastiaanZ
06.15.2017 , 09:19 AM | #33
Hey folks,

-eric
Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

VarKoE
06.15.2017 , 09:23 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.
I am not following this. It has always been a legacy unlock on the Character perk menu. Nothing about speeder mounts has ever been account wide. Disappointed it is not working on all mounts yet but I did not think this was misleading.

phalczen
06.15.2017 , 09:28 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by VarKoE View Post
I am not following this. It has always been a legacy unlock on the Character perk menu. Nothing about speeder mounts has ever been account wide. Disappointed it is not working on all mounts yet but I did not think this was misleading.
Agreed. Global legacy unlocks, like the new CXP boost for having one command rank 300 toon, are located under the Global section. Per character perks, like the early level speeder piloting perks, were always per character, and, ironically enough located under the Character Perk section
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

SebastiaanZ
06.15.2017 , 09:44 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by VarKoE View Post
it was misleading, has been mentioned by more people then me. So they must come through on it and make it account wide.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Dak_fireraker
06.15.2017 , 10:25 AM | #37
Hey folks,

-eric

HAHA!! SWTOR says: "Suck it Polution! Go Green or Get Left Behind!"
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

vadyy
06.15.2017 , 10:59 AM | #38
Is the speeder perks in the character unlocks right next to the other speeder perks? Yes?

Has speeder perks always been per character? yes

Therefore its not misleading, they just thought that the players who already knew the other perks was per character and they thought you would know these are, you can say their misleading when their under the CHARACTER PERKS!

ludoviccb
06.15.2017 , 11:18 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by vadyy View Post
Is the speeder perks in the character unlocks right next to the other speeder perks? Yes?

Has speeder perks always been per character? yes

Therefore its not misleading, they just thought that the players who already knew the other perks was per character and they thought you would know these are, you can say their misleading when their under the CHARACTER PERKS!
LEGACY PERKS imply that it's Legacy wide. This is why the patch notes are misleading since they added 2 levels of Character Perks.

This is the exact quote from the patch notes :
•New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.
Officer of Hob-Bit on the server The Shadowlands

This is a referal link and this is what you get from clicking it.

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 11:18 AM | #40
Hey folks,

-eric
Thanks for the heads up Eric, we really appreciate the communication! Looking forward to patch 5.3!
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading