Well Done, BioWare

After completing Denova I must say this stretch of new content has been a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to see what's in store for Nightmare mode. You guys hit the nail on the head with Hard mode. The boss mechanics were interesting and a lot of fun to learn. My only complaint was the horrible run back after wiping on Firebrand and Stormcaller.

This is the way raids need to be. Keep it up for 1.3. I know that dual spec, a group finder, server transfers, and a rumored API are in the works. That along with ready checks, raid markers, summoning portals and world/server first achievements would certainly shut us hardcore players up. After all, if it weren't for the hardcore players, your casuals would never want to go hardcore.

After completing Denova I must say this stretch of new content has been a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to see what's in store for Nightmare mode. You guys hit the nail on the head with Hard mode. The boss mechanics were interesting and a lot of fun to learn. My only complaint was the horrible run back after wiping on Firebrand and Stormcaller.

This is the way raids need to be. Keep it up for 1.3. I know that dual spec, a group finder, server transfers, and a rumored API are in the works. That along with ready checks, raid markers, summoning portals and world/server first achievements would certainly shut us hardcore players up. After all, if it weren't for the hardcore players, your casuals would never want to go hardcore.

Yep, I agree! While I'm only an aspiring yet "casual" gamer myself, I enjoy the challenge TREMENDOUSLY. My group is quite geared and still can't down T&Z HM. We work through it as a team and when we beat it for the first time, it will be awesome. NoM EC is quite easy for us now (easy as in comfortable one shotting) but even that took us 4 days to learn the mechanics.

Lotsa fun!

I disagree.

The average players are leaving the game. The game is in decline and the problem has just been magnified, some people stuck around for 1.2 because they thought things would change for the better, now even those are going to leave. Summations like yours do nothing but fuel the problem. You're probably a talented player with a core group of good players. The problem lies in the fact that most people are having problems with even story mode.

IMO only time will tell, but I'm fairly certain this patch was the last nail in the coffin lid. It will be tough for SWTOR to come back from this, if it ever does. I hate that of my dozens of friends who started this game with me and the hundreds more I met in my guild are all gone. The few who remained except for me and 2 others have thrown in the towel because of 1.2. This really sucks :(

IMO only time will tell, but I'm fairly certain this patch was the last nail in the coffin lid. It will be tough for SWTOR to come back from this, if it ever does. I hate that of my dozens of friends who started this game with me and the hundreds more I met in my guild are all gone. The few who remained except for me and 2 others have thrown in the towel because of 1.2. This really sucks :(

Sounds like you need to find a new guild. In my server I know for sure, but there are a few guilds that are growing at lightning speed. I agree that a lot of people are quitting, but that always happens with a new game that doesn't fit people's expectations. The player base is going to solidify a bit over the next few weeks which will be good for the players (especially if it comes with Server population addresses, aka transfers or merges or cross-server ______)

I neither agree, nor disagree. Some things have been done very good and others need much improvement.

The Game is still young and almost Beta. Much needs to be done.

One of the things that is difficult to manage (in my opinion) is the diversity of the people playing.

PvP players cry for more PvP content..

Hard mode players for more Hard-mode and Nightmare content.

PvE players for more PvE content.

and RP players for more engaging story lines.

All players cry for bugs to be fixed, for better looking equipment, and for new toys to play with.

As for Casual players...they hop from game to game anyhow..always on the lookout for something they

will never find.... the game especially designed for them.

Who is up to such a Task? Really?

Keep hanging in there and see what will happen in a year or two.

After all...WoW ...ah..Rome was not build in one day either.

I neither agree, nor disagree. Some things have been done very good and others need much improvement.

The Game is still young and almost Beta. Much needs to be done.

One of the things that is difficult to manage (in my opinion) is the diversity of the people playing.

PvP players cry for more PvP content..

Hard mode players for more Hard-mode and Nightmare content.

PvE players for more PvE content.

and RP players for more engaging story lines.

All players cry for bugs to be fixed, for better looking equipment, and for new toys to play with.

As for Casual players...they hop from game to game anyhow..always on the lookout for something they

will never find.... the game especially designed for them.

Who is up to such a Task? Really?

Keep hanging in there and see what will happen in a year or two.

After all...WoW ...ah..Rome was not build in one day either.

I agree except for the part about casuals. What we want is simple: a game that doesn't punish us for being casual. I want to be able run instances without having to grind gear, to go up special tiers, etc. And yes, this game has existed in the past. I don't need the same loot you guys get, I just want to experience the instance once 99% of the time, especially since I enjoy PvP so much more than PvE. But for some reason, people complain about this. I bought the game to have fun, not to get uber gear. Setting up a story mode FP so it doesn't have much to do with the no-life...er...hard core gamers shouldn't be that tough.

Reryn I think this is the third or fourth post I've seen of you nagging about the game is gonna die because casuals are not being catered to. I have to disagree entirely. This is my first mmo, and I chose to be a healer. As I leveled up to 50 I got the hang of healing through flashpoints. AS time progressed healing got harder, but I also started learning how to heal better by using different skill rotations. Once I was at 50 and started doing hardmode flashpoints the challenge increased, but I tuned myself even more. BY the time I started doing normal operations I realized how easy healing was and really enjoyed. After that I moved into the Hardmodes and jumped from guild to guild slowly getting used to these fights, even to the point where I was able to solo heal hard mode fabricator robot in KP and solo heal karraga himself. Im glad to see the Story Mode in Explosive Content, and even the nerf to healing classes because its nice to see a challenge. I have to think that reason casuals arent doing very well is because they are either not healing correctly, or they don't have very good healers. Up until EC I never enven used kolto missle, but now I have it in my rotation since I see the utility it has. Bioware gives you the tools you just got to use um right :D. I managed to kill Kephess 15 min before maintenance and it feels awesome :).

I don't need the same loot you guys get, I just want to experience the instance once 99% of the time, especially since I enjoy PvP so much more than PvE. But for some reason, people complain about this. I bought the game to have fun, not to get uber gear. Setting up a story mode FP so it doesn't have much to do with the no-life...er...hard core gamers shouldn't be that tough.

I enjoy PvE much more than pvp, but Ibought this game to have fun. So I demand to be able to kill anyone and anything, even though I dont want to train or grind to get pvpgear. setting up a storymode pvp so it doesnt have much to do with the no-lifer radcore pvpers shouldnt be that tough.

I don't get the people saying it's bad that denova is rather hard? Doesn't that make the kills feel incerdibly more awesome?

I remember when we first downed Soa hard mode. I was thrilled, felt like an achievement because we wiped soooooo many times. So the one time everything worked perfectly and we got him it was a great feeling. The lame part about pre1.2 is that Soa is basically the only boos who gave me that feeling, and mostly we wiped because of his bugs.

In denova HM, however, It has taken us probably ~50 wipes to make it to only the third boss. The feeling of achievement are greatar in this ops than they have ever been before.

DO NOT NERF!

I keep seeing the excuse of not having the best gear as why people quit? That is utter b.s. Why do you need the best gear if you aren't progressing? Your character isn't gimped b/c pvp and pve gear are seperate so that's not a valid excuse. And by completing normal mode you can take mods out of your black hole gear and put them in your rakata/columi and essentially have the same gear level as Campaign gear. The everyone needs to wear the same gear crowd are the people that ruined WoW and every other progression based game before it, Bioware should look back at history and see that those games prime years were when people had things to progress too, not things handed to them and that is 100 percent fact.

I've yet to do Denova (because BW refuses to fix server populations, so even amongst all the 50's on my server we generally lack the numbers to try anything), but as far as the new Fp, it's pretty terrible, why? Because BW decided to do a big kick to the junk for melee across the board. Pretty much every fight in there is arbitrarily harder if you bring a single melee for no other reason then bringing a melee. As a person who enjoys being up close and personal in combat, if the content is designed against me I'll quit simple as that.

The melee issue has been known since 1.1 and yet BW made the issue even worse. And with no word on server transfers for all the dead servers, it just seems like this game is hanging on to it's demise. It had potential to challenge WoW, but the devs dropped the ball horribly and now it'll be lucky to maintain any semblance of a decent population in the coming months.