Star Fortress Heroics

stinkydoggy

Are the Star Fortress heroics still in the game? I have completed all chapters for KOTFE and KOTET and have all companions unlocked. I've completed Battle for the Stars initial quest given by Miot Dengd and have all the alliance alert companions unlocked. However when I talk to Lt. Marklo on Odessen the only option I have available is story mode. I haven't done the star fortress heroics for a very long time and have been looking to finish off some of my missing achievements. Any help on what I'm not doing right?

They're still in the game. You will have to do the single introductory story version first before the others will trigger though, iirc.

Haven't done any in ages and none at all on other than a couple of toons so my memory could be "off." ;)

They're still in the game. You will have to do the single introductory story version first before the others will trigger though, iirc.

Haven't done any in ages and none at all on other than a couple of toons so my memory could be "off." ;)

The last time I did them was about a year ago but here are the steps:

1. You talk to Miot and pick up the Battle for the Stars quest.

2. You talk to the guy outside of the hallway to the zone in (changes depending on faction) and do the story mode.

3. Theron gives you 6 Alliance Alerts on various planets (Alderaan, Belsavis, Hoth, Nar Shadaa, Tattooine, Voss).

4. You do each of those Alerts by giving the NPCs on each planet Alliance Crates to get them all to influence rank 10, then you destroy the shield bunker on those planets.

5. You should then be able to do the Veteran mode version. This will give you the NPCs from each of those planets as a companion.

From what I can recall you don't have to do all 6 alerts to have access to the Veteran mode; you should only need to do one. I always did all 6 because I was going to do them all anyway.

I just checked on one of my characters (she's finished all 6 and has all of the companions) and the Veteran version does still show up.

Edited by Elessara

The key key key (insert as many additional "key"s as you think are necessary) key point is that the two guys outside the door offer [sTORY] and [VETERAN] where they used to offer [sOLO] and [HEROIC 2+], while the Destroy mission objective still says to run [HEROIC 2+]. (Er, that's an error, of course.)

The equivalence is:

* [sOLO] became [sTORY]

* [HEROIC 2+] became [VETERAN]

So, as noted, you have to run the [VETERAN] version.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the most egregious misnaming that came about when they renamed the difficulty tiers with the release of 5.0. The worst were actually released later, with the "Traitor arc" flashpoints. To advance the story, you must run [sOLO], while to simply play them solo, you must run [sTORY].

Look, I'm just the messenger here. I didn't invent these names. Put the lightsabre down, please. (Sound of running feet fading into the distance.)

The key key key (insert as many additional "key"s as you think are necessary) key point is that the two guys outside the door offer [sTORY] and [VETERAN] where they used to offer [sOLO] and [HEROIC 2+], while the Destroy mission objective still says to run [HEROIC 2+]. (Er, that's an error, of course.)

The equivalence is:

* [sOLO] became [sTORY]

* [HEROIC 2+] became [VETERAN]

So, as noted, you have to run the [VETERAN] version.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the most egregious misnaming that came about when they renamed the difficulty tiers with the release of 5.0. The worst were actually released later, with the "Traitor arc" flashpoints. To advance the story, you must run [sOLO], while to simply play them solo, you must run [sTORY].

Look, I'm just the messenger here. I didn't invent these names. Put the lightsabre down, please. (Sound of running feet fading into the distance.)

Some times we almost need a score card to keep track ...

:D

The last time I did them was about a year ago but here are the steps:

1. You talk to Miot and pick up the Battle for the Stars quest.

2. You talk to the guy outside of the hallway to the zone in (changes depending on faction) and do the story mode.

3. Theron gives you 6 Alliance Alerts on various planets (Alderaan, Belsavis, Hoth, Nar Shadaa, Tattooine, Voss).

4. You do each of those Alerts by giving the NPCs on each planet Alliance Crates to get them all to influence rank 10, then you destroy the shield bunker on those planets.

5. You should then be able to do the Veteran mode version. This will give you the NPCs from each of those planets as a companion.

From what I can recall you don't have to do all 6 alerts to have access to the Veteran mode; you should only need to do one. I always did all 6 because I was going to do them all anyway.

I just checked on one of my characters (she's finished all 6 and has all of the companions) and the Veteran version does still show up.

As stated in my OP, I've done all of this. I've even done the Heroics in the past. But it's been over a year. When I return to Lt. Marklo now,( the guy outside of the hallway to the zone in) the only options I have are STORY and REFUSE QUEST.

Edited by stinkydoggy

The thing you may have missed is that there are TWO guys. One is story and the other is veteran.

At least that is what it seems to me upon reading the thread. I have never done these because I couldn't seem to beat the Heroic version way back when and I just wanted the companions so it left me sour.....heh

The thing you may have missed is that there are TWO guys. One is story and the other is veteran.

At least that is what it seems to me upon reading the thread. I have never done these because I couldn't seem to beat the Heroic version way back when and I just wanted the companions so it left me sour.....heh

No, one is for Imperial characters and one is for Republic characters. Each will give both the Story and Veteran to the appropriate faction character.

Edited by Elessara

As stated in my OP, I've done all of this. I've even done the Heroics in the past. But it's been over a year. When I return to Lt. Marklo now,( the guy outside of the hallway to the zone in) the only options I have are STORY and REFUSE QUEST.

Yeah, good thing I was replying to the other person who said they didn't remember how it went. :p

I was going to suggest making sure you don't already have the Veteran version in your log but I just checked and the NPC does not offer the story version if you already have the Veteran version so that's not it. I'm unsure what the issue could be then, sorry. :(

So, you are actually able to summon each of the six resistance cell leaders as a companion in the open world?

Veeroa Denz from Nar Shaddaa

Hemdil Tre from Hoth

Rokuss from Voss

Choza Raabat from Alderaan

"Deadeye" Leyta from Tatooine

K'krol from Beslavis

And you've checked your mission log to make sure you're not already on one of them and just have it un-tracked in the mission log?

Do you have close to 25 missions already in your log?

Are you level 70 yet?

• 6 months later...

Ok, I'm having the same problem as the OP.

I've completed all the bunkers and the Battle for the Stars mission. I can't summon SF companions so I know I haven't completed it yet, but the only options I get are the SOLO quest and refuse mission. I'm stumped :mad:

I've logged, tried, no dice...restarted the game, tried, no dice. Tried checking my portrait for a reset phase option, no dice. I even ran the solo mission, got it again and tried both resetting and abandoning it, no dice.

I'm level 75 and now in to Chapter 2 of KotET. Anybody have any ideas? Just like with the OP, I ran this guy about a year ago on these and never finished them up due to him getting his butt kicked.

IF you've done any bunker missions, Lt Marklo should offer you

[start Story Mode]

[start Veteran Mode]

[Refuse Mission]

Veteran is the one to complete the companion quest

if you don't see all three options and you've met the requirements, try clearing your log of any Kot__ chapters (a quick way is to forcibly load chapter 9 KotFE, then spacebar through all the dialog).... a similar solution usually works for scripted companions not showing up that should be there (Jakarro and Acina most frequently)

IF you've done any bunker missions, Lt Marklo should offer you

[start Story Mode]

[start Veteran Mode]

[Refuse Mission]

Veteran is the one to complete the companion quest

if you don't see all three options and you've met the requirements, try clearing your log of any Kot__ chapters (a quick way is to forcibly load chapter 9 KotFE, then spacebar through all the dialog).... a similar solution usually works for scripted companions not showing up that should be there (Jakarro and Acina most frequently)

I think the LT hates me as he won't offer me the Veteran Mode :(

I get the other two options though. :D

I did the replay of Ch 9, 10, etc., all the way up to KotET ch 2. With my luck, I probably abandoned something I shouldn't have.