A Deception Thought

Fireswraith

I just made lvl 40 on my Sin today, Deception spec. When I started using Voltaic Slash it kind of got me thinking of Mercs. Tracer Missle got buffed so it can be speced to give 2 stacks of everything instead of one........ so I though why not do the same for Voltaic Slash? Why not have some 1 or 2 point ability, or VS just does it normally, that when Surging Charge procs from using Voltaic Slash it gives 2 stacks of Static Charges instead of 1? Overpowered a bit? Possibly, but not a bad idea.

What does anyone else think?

It wont be as much synergy as you think. Shock is on a 6 sec cd, you need two VS's as filler basically till it comes off of cooldown, does not matter how early you buff Shock. So even if you buff it to full potential you still need another Induction stack (hence another VS) to get the Shock down to half force cost. Edited by Xethis

I knew that, but I wasn't talking about the Shock buff. I was talking about Static Charge, the Discharge buff that stacks 5 times to increase its damage. If there was a skill in Deception that made Voltaic Slash apply 2 stacks of Static Charge instead of one; seems like a nice idea at least when Mercs have it.

i wanted a buff to the application of the static charge procs when there was mention of a deception buff. as discharge with 5 stacks of static charge is our hardest hitting move, i thought it would be beneficial to let us accumulate those stacks faster. maybe then i'd put points into reciriculation. as it is now, there's no point. i can't get 5 stacks in the 15 seconds it takes for discharge to come off of cd.

i wanted a buff to the application of the static charge procs when there was mention of a deception buff. as discharge with 5 stacks of static charge is our hardest hitting move, i thought it would be beneficial to let us accumulate those stacks faster. maybe then i'd put points into reciriculation. as it is now, there's no point. i can't get 5 stacks in the 15 seconds it takes for discharge to come off of cd.

maul will hit higher then a 5 stack discharge.