Slicing, is it still profitable

oriaphyn

It's balanced now. Sometimes you make a loss, sometimes you make a huge profit. Sometimes a mission costs you 1,5k and you only get back 1k. Sometimes a mission costs you 1,5k and you get back 4k and two new missions. Yes, you can make money with it, yes it is slow and it's not a huge amount. But you won't lose money.

I have tried yesterday

Generous mission costs 870 credits , i have earned 650 credits

same thing on another guildmate,

same behavior with few other missions

i don't slice anymore, only boxes found during quest with barely 300 credits (i'm lvl 24)

On average it seems to be netting me a small profit (skill is mid 300s), but I pick and choose which missions to run (only Rich and up). I get losses on about half my missions; not big losses, but enough to make me grumble. Fortunately, I still get enough crits that in the long run I eke out a slim margin. My overall returns are just enough to convince me to keep Slicing for now, but I feel the nerf was easily two or three times as harsh as it should have been for the sake of balance while still maintaining the full seeming intent of the skill. If it can't make you a profit, there's no point in it existing.

On average it seems to be netting me a small profit (skill is mid 300s), but I pick and choose which missions to run (only Rich and up). I get losses on about half my missions; not big losses, but enough to make me grumble. Fortunately, I still get enough crits that in the long run I eke out a slim margin. My overall returns are just enough to convince me to keep Slicing for now, but I feel the nerf was easily two or three times as harsh as it should have been for the sake of balance while still maintaining the full seeming intent of the skill. If it can't make you a profit, there's no point in it existing.

I take bountiful and up and I either make a profit (or the mission fails). I'm still covering my mains crafting costs with my slicing alt, and it's still a very viable way to make money..... just don't ever take a mission that is not at least bountyful.

Yes, you can still make money. Just not truckloads of it. It is a bit more reliant on luck for box crits and other sellable (patterns, mission items). But if you add that to the boxes found outside, it nets a decent profit.

I think it's fine as it is now. Decent, useful, and not just a money printing press.