Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

June PvP Report

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
07.16.2019 , 01:23 PM | #91
I'm not really defending the guy. I think what hes doing is blatantly undermining the point of fair play.

That said, show me in the rules where it says you can't queue at the same time as someone else. As long as hes not actively throwing a match for someone else, hes not technically breaking a rule.

Welcome to why elo is meaningless in such a low population system.

omaan's Avatar


omaan
07.16.2019 , 02:41 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
If they both queue with the understanding that the better healer is getting boosted by the worse healer, you're right, there is no difference, and that is also as bad as wintrading.



That is completely different. There is no coordination, no intent to boost anyone's rating.



Again, completely different. No coordination, no intent.



So, again, this is wintrading. As soon as you start coordinating with other people or conspiring to boost people by queue syncing, you are in the wrong.

Can you really not see the difference? You really shouldn't be allowed to queue ranked if you can't.



Just blatantly not true. See responses above.



So here's the real issue. Except you've admitted it on the forums. Oops.



No puppet, no puppet. You're the puppet.
Bladech is right. As soon as there is NO LOOSING ON PURPOSE there is NO BREAK OF RULLES . When anyone, regardless why or for what he/she is queueing TRIES TO WIN ALL HIS/HER FIGHTS it is already fair game and can't be called wintrading.

thats what was and will be happening because it is not against rulles. and it will be happening as long as matchmaking based on elo will exist. This dumb and unfair matchmaking system must be changed

omaan's Avatar


omaan
07.16.2019 , 02:45 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
What Bladech describes has nothing to do with mere knowledge. They are actively manipulating the system in ways designed to boost a certain player's rating. They are operating outside of the intended ranked mechanics. They are behaving in an unsportsmanlike fashion. They are as guilty as traditional wintraders.

All of that is fundamentally different from just seeing who is queueing and deciding personally whether you want to queue or not. Why are you still trying to equate them? It's like saying murder and jaywalking are both crimes so everyone is equally guilty.



Just because something is possible within the game doesn't mean it shouldn't be bannable... Traditional wintrading, where one player throws for another player, is also possible within the design of the game. PEDs exist on earth. They are "designed into the game," yet it's still cheating to use them. Any kind of coordination between players is antithetical to the concept of solo ranked. I really don't get your point here.
actually by doing this they boost their elo too since they win with highrated player in their group and get their low elo character up too. and if they are against their friend they also try to win and they might win. So IN THIS CASE EVERYONE is BOOSTING each other

omaan's Avatar


omaan
07.16.2019 , 02:48 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I'm not really defending the guy. I think what hes doing is blatantly undermining the point of fair play.

That said, show me in the rules where it says you can't queue at the same time as someone else. As long as hes not actively throwing a match for someone else, hes not technically breaking a rule.

Welcome to why elo is meaningless in such a low population system.
EXACtly. No throwing, no rule breaking, no punishment. In the that guy should blame matchmaking based on elo since it's very manipulative and players have to do this because such system punishes them for being skilled. and getting highest spots without using such legit tricks is unreal because system punishes highrated players by throwing them into teams with full noobs while wintraders easily can get highest spots in few hours.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.16.2019 , 03:08 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
EXACtly. No throwing, no rule breaking, no punishment. In the that guy should blame matchmaking based on elo since it's very manipulative and players have to do this because such system punishes them for being skilled. and getting highest spots without using such legit tricks is unreal because system punishes highrated players by throwing them into teams with full noobs while wintraders easily can get highest spots in few hours.
For the umpteenth time you defend wintraders and rule-breakers. You and Bladech should not be allowed to queue for ranked. It's crazy that you even consider yourself a pvper when you admit to wintrading and continuously defend the actions of wintraders on the forums repeatedly. Seriously pathetic.

The fact that this issue is some form of debate is ridiculous. You have to understand that if you think there's any ambiguity here, you are a person that thinks cheating (in a general sense) to get ahead is acceptable.

You have the exact same immoral, backwards thinking as every wintrader I've encountered. You already think that you're the best, but the system is keeping you down, so you view it as acceptable to cheat to get what you think you deserve. Such people should be banned from ranked permanently.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
07.16.2019 , 03:18 PM | #96
Hey guys, my BFF mara friend is queueing. Everyone hop on their low rated sorcs and high rated PT's and sins.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.16.2019 , 06:36 PM | #97
if you have trick the system into giving you rating you dont deserve your rating.. ie, you arent as good as you say. solos is not gr, if you are a god at gr, good for you but solos is not the same thing and you do not need the same rating as gr for solos. this is what caused the backfill crap of 3k solos elo in season 8-9.

solos is not 3k level. even with players manipulating the queue people are barely making 2k.. imagine if solos rating was actually based how good you were at solos instead of how good you were are manipulating the system. strange concept I know.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
07.16.2019 , 07:07 PM | #98
i mean, the population of granked is probably even lower than solos, so if solos has a problem with queue manipulation, i'd think granked did too. pure speculation, as the last time i queued granked was nearly 2 years ago, but the logic seems sound.

experience tells me one thing: when you're relying on simple human nature hiding behind internet anonymity, fair play is the first victim.

to those with serious difficulties following basic reasoning: were there more people in the queue, it would be harder to control who was in the same match as you based on simple things like queue timing or hypothesizing on the elo based matchmaking.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
07.16.2019 , 07:24 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by luminaraxd View Post
A friend who infiltrated the Ranked Mafia discord linked me this video he found in a special channel dedicated to exploits (and according to him, there are much more )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3CLvbUgpI
It didn’t take long for that to be removed from YouTube

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.16.2019 , 08:08 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
i mean, the population of granked is probably even lower than solos, so if solos has a problem with queue manipulation, i'd think granked did too. pure speculation, as the last time i queued granked was nearly 2 years ago, but the logic seems sound.
Granked is totally dead. You can look at the leaderboards yourself and compare to solo ranked. Sorting by wins tells the story.

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
to those with serious difficulties following basic reasoning: were there more people in the queue, it would be harder to control who was in the same match as you based on simple things like queue timing or hypothesizing on the elo based matchmaking.
No one has debated this. I've said many times that most of solo ranked's problems are due to low population. But that doesn't mean we should excuse or have any tolerance for wintrading or other cheating. Again, this is not complicated.