Jedi Sage Spec

Zcheck

I've just started playing again after a lengthy hiatus and I'm wondering how useful a Seer spec is if paired with Nadia Grell? My end-state for my Sage is to be a main healer so I know that's what I'll need practice with; however, I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to spec for heals and just rely on companion for DPS until I max level?

Any advice would be welcomed.

if coming back you have 200k credits, buy field respec and be a free man. btw i often do dailies or heroics spec'd healer and with a TANK companion, with a dps comp you are going to tank and heal all by yourself, unless maybe you activate her aoe focus, but that way you could have issues in mantaining lifted any mobs you intend to cc..

I'm a subscriber so I can respec whenever, I think. Anyway, what about if I played a tank-spec'd shadow with her, would that work better?

only if you don't compete with them for gear, but leveling up in tank gear is painful.

I leveled my shadow exclusively as tank spec in DPs gear, using Theron from nar'shadaa on. Took a tiny bit longer to kill things, but I never died or had any down time. That being said, this is about a sage spec. You can level as healer, but it'll take forever waiting for your companion to kill things. Be prepared to do a lot of off dpsing. Edited by Jimvinny