Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SPOILERS] A Theory On Rey And The Force

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[SPOILERS] A Theory On Rey And The Force

jarjarloves
01.07.2018 , 08:24 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

... it's the same story as A New Hope....
Really? What force powers did Luke utilize in ANH vs Rey in TFA?
............................................wow... you don't even know what a story is.....................

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

NuSeC
01.07.2018 , 10:40 AM | #42
............................................wow... you don't even know what a story is.....................
I asked you a question. What force powers does Luke use in ANH?
I mean, it is a simple question.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

jarjarloves
01.07.2018 , 10:43 AM | #43
I asked you a question. What force powers does Luke use in ANH?
I mean, it is a simple question.
it's a question that has nothing to do with A new Hope and TFA being the same story....

It's like saying a Cheese Burger and a Bacon Cheese Burger are both burgers then you replying with "Oh yeah where does bacon come from?"

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

NuSeC
01.07.2018 , 12:37 PM | #44
it's a question that has nothing to do with A new Hope and TFA being the same story....

It's like saying a Cheese Burger and a Bacon Cheese Burger are both burgers then you replying with "Oh yeah where does bacon come from?"
LOL... it has everything to do with what we were talking about. You said Luke is just as much a Mary Sue, that was your words. You even said twice the Mary Sue. I can go get those quotes if you would like.

So apples to apples. What force powers did Luke (ANH) use compared to Rey (TFA) have? This is done for comparative value. Because she has no backstory and he does.

It is bad story telling bro. That is why I dislike this movie. There is nothing to explain her other than "she gets as strong as Kylo by default because of the force and her parents were nobody" Heck of a backstory there. I don't know how anyone could care about this character. No building her at all. No backstory, no explanation of her powers, no character depth. Nothing. I could have liked Rey, but the character development in this movie was trash. Heck, I actually did like Rey in TFA. This move hosed everything built up in the first one.

They said "this wont go the way you think it will." They sure were not lying, right into the toilet.

And here I thought TFA was a great movie with a lot of new good characters that I was excited about. Now they leave you with this trash. Finn has gotten degraded to a Jar Jar like person. He could have been a force user himself. I am just not getting into the rest of the issues I have with the movie because that is not fair to the OP. As a matter of fact, this will be my last post in this thread.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

jarjarloves
01.07.2018 , 01:12 PM | #45
Because she has no backstory and he does.
........ so aside from not knowing what a Story is and denying that ANH and TFA have the same story....

you also don't know what a backstory is.....

ok you know what i'll bite.

What is Luke's Backstory and how did you learn it?

Valceanu
01.07.2018 , 02:53 PM | #46
Rey is effectively the avatar of the force which is why she can display more control over the force with little training... The force wills it. That is the point of the thread after all... When the Jedi order existed the force itself didn't need to "intervene" as there were masters to teach many a young prospect. Ofc as the OP says it's a theory...

As for Luke, he was never established in the movies to be a particularly powerful Jedi. What they did in the EU has no relevance. Perhaps Rey is simply more powerful and her interaction with Kylo through the force triggered "an awakening" as it were...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Paulsutherland
01.07.2018 , 04:09 PM | #47
So the force is shooting it's load across the galaxy as revenge for Sidious and Plagues shooting their load onto it?

Valceanu
01.07.2018 , 04:18 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
So the force is shooting it's load across the galaxy as revenge for Sidious and Plagues shooting their load onto it?
Apparently it's what the force does... Remember the immaculate conception of Anakin?! Some load the force shot with that one eh?! lol
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Kairhyss
01.07.2018 , 05:35 PM | #49
I haven't even watched The Last Jedi, yet I can gather that this is just pure waffle. Repeated yourself a hundred times only encompassing supporting points, with barely anything of merit.
Get a better hobby, thanks.
More Life
Diplomatic Immunity
Free Smoke out fi Anybody

Ylliarus
01.08.2018 , 12:28 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kairhyss View Post
I haven't even watched The Last Jedi, yet I can gather that this is just pure waffle. Repeated yourself a hundred times only encompassing supporting points, with barely anything of merit.
Get a better hobby, thanks.
I get that you can disagree with me, in fact, if you disagree please provide sensible counterarguments so the theory can find its opposite and its weak points be reinforced by it. But to be as bitter as that over it? Was that sneer really necessary?

Frankly my hobby is writing, in fact, it's my passion. Not even your bitterness will ever stop me from doing what I love most, I can assure you.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.