Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you want to see in a class change shadow/assassin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
What do you want to see in a class change shadow/assassin.

Darkchip
02.10.2020 , 11:52 PM | #1
Hello i thought with all the talk on the new patch coming out and all the talk about what people want to see in a class update that i would make one of these for each class and see what people think.

Ottoattack
02.11.2020 , 01:05 PM | #2
I have not been playing the game for a while. Came back lately. I have not PvPed. From PvE:

Dec. is perfect. Lets hope it does not get nerfed.
Hatred need like 5-6 additional armor. It is extremely squishy and the heals do not factor much. It has 20% armor while dec. with embrass the dec. runs close to 42%.
I have tanked a bit. Seems darkness is pretty much the same, which is good. I cannot say how it compares through.

Some tactical are good. Other not as much (force reg on discharge..). Set bonuses, Death Knell is on a whole level on its own. The over charge (saber ward?) one needs a bit of buffs, so it can be closer in line.

areizombie
02.12.2020 , 09:29 AM | #3
Honestly, what I'd like to see changed is less about balance and more about aesthetics. Between the Shadow and Assassin mirror specializations, the Assassin definitely got the lion's share of flash in terms of ability animations.

The stark contrast between the crackling lightning of an ability like Discharge when compared to the faint swoosh of its mirror Force Breach is staggering to say the least. Were it not for FlyText popping up with damage numbers, you could be forgiven for thinking the latter ability doesn't do damage at all.

Also on the note of shadow, it's somewhat disappointing to see abilities like Project and Cascading Debris limited solely to the Tanking discipline. You lose project to replacement abilities on both damage dealing disciplines, and the visual flair is lost with it.

chuckwilliamson
02.17.2020 , 10:19 PM | #4
I'd like to see force leap added to the kinetic combat build... this is both utility and aesthetic from my perspective. As a tank I think you need to "announce" the start of the fight and nothing says "FIGHT" like pouncing on the target. Not to mention Shadow Stride can be buggy, fails to launch and/or ineffective.