How do I Raise an Official Complaint?

SurfMonkey

I've had an issue with my account since the 19th. I've raised tickets with SWTOR support and they had been getting closed without having any other communication. The thread is here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979814

My last ticket was closed with the note "Resolved via Email" which was a flat out lie, I hadn't received any emails or in-game communications.

At 17:30 today I raised yet another ticket with SWTOR via the in-game support menu available to subscribers. This ticket wasn't closed, it was deleted by support. They are now actively deleting my tickets. Are there any channels available to paying customers to raise official complaints? I honestly don't know where to go from here.

I have had this same issue with one particular CS agent, all my tickets are closed immediately. Then my issue got dismissed with a random excuse even when presented with evidence that it wasn't. I took a video of myself going into a FP via the GF and the CS closed my ticket because apparently I didn't use the GF to get into the FP (even though I linked them the video showing me doing exactly that).

I think your problem is your email provider, not BioWare.

Thank you for the suggestion, but at this point I already know that the issue is with my account on the SWTOR system side. My account was created in 2013 and EA Help have already admitted that issues like mine are common with older accounts.

Regarding the email provider being the issue, I have tried email addresses ending with the list below, it is not my email provider. I have also created a free to play account for testing during my issue. I can use this account without any issue. I can validate the email address, and I can change my email address. The issue with my subscribed account is that I can't do either of these, meaning I can't play any character past level 20.

@yahoo.co.uk

@ymail.com

@googlemail.com

@gmail.com

@hotmail.com

@bigww.co.uk

Edited by SurfMonkey

I've had an issue with my account since the 19th. I've raised tickets with SWTOR support and they had been getting closed without having any other communication. The thread is here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979814

My last ticket was closed with the note "Resolved via Email" which was a flat out lie, I hadn't received any emails or in-game communications.

At 17:30 today I raised yet another ticket with SWTOR via the in-game support menu available to subscribers. This ticket wasn't closed, it was deleted by support. They are now actively deleting my tickets. Are there any channels available to paying customers to raise official complaints? I honestly don't know where to go from here.

In case of account issues it was always best to call them but it seems they've closed their phone lines and just left us with an email address support@swtor.com

In game tickets are a waste of time for this sort of issue, well for most issues but ok. So the only option to contact them is that email address.

In case of account issues it was always best to call them but it seems they've closed their phone lines and just left us with an email address support@swtor.com

In game tickets are a waste of time for this sort of issue, well for most issues but ok. So the only option to contact them is that email address.

The phone lines are likely closed because there's nobody there to monitor them.

Hey everyone!

As the world continues to adapt to the current events, we wanted to share an update regarding our support team. Due to the coronavirus and with guidance from local authorities in specific regions, we have closed some of our support channels and reduced support hours to limit any risk to our teams.

Support is still available to handle email (support@swtor.com) and in-game tickets at the following times:

• USA: 5:00-14:00 CDT
  • UK: 10:00 -19:00 UTC
  • France: 11:00-20:00 CET
  • Germany: 11:00-20:00 CET

If this availability changes, I will be sure to follow up with an update. We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I little disheartening to see that many seem to either be oblivious that what is happening in the world right now or simply don't care.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Thank you for the suggestion, but at this point I already know that the issue is with my account on the SWTOR system side. My account was created in 2013 and EA Help have already admitted that issues like mine are common with older accounts.

Yep, mine was made in '09 and is currently borked as well. I don't foresee a fix coming anytime soon either.

Yep, mine was made in '09 and is currently borked as well. I don't foresee a fix coming anytime soon either.

Ditto (sort of, mine was created at game launch in 2011). When I came back in 2016, I tried to find my old account from Jung Ma which had a couple level 50s. No dice. Figured the game had changed so much and leveling was so easy I just created a new one.

Dasty

P.S. Kodrac, it's 2020, I'm not sure the younglings know what borked means, or the context. But I think it's rad that you still use it. :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

Regarding the email provider being the issue, I have tried email addresses ending with the list below, it is not my email provider. I have also created a free to play account for testing during my issue. I can use this account without any issue. I can validate the email address, and I can change my email address. The issue with my subscribed account is that I can't do either of these, meaning I can't play any character past level 20.

@yahoo.co.uk

@ymail.com

@googlemail.com

@gmail.com

@hotmail.com

@bigww.co.uk

Thanks for the additional detail -- have you tried getting help from EA specifically? I have found these guys are more helpful than BWA's limited support https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/ct-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

Here is a link to a thread where it specifically discusses OTP emails: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Email-Validation-and-One-Time-Passwords/td-p/6645595

Not sure if it will help you, but it's good to be thorough.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

So yes, they're all working from home during the Covid 19 thing, and nobody's in the office to monitor the support line, you mean?

No. That's not what I mean, or at least not the way you seem to be trying to imply. Look just above your post at the yellow text originally written by DanielSteed.

(Wanders off, shaking his head at modern youth.)

No. That's not what I mean, or at least not the way you seem to be trying to imply. Look just above your post at the yellow text originally written by DanielSteed.

(Wanders off, shaking his head at modern youth.)

Wow, first of all, thanks for the compliment. I wasn't aware that post 50 was "modern youth".

Second: "They shut it down due to covid". Why is it that you suppose they can't talk on a phone during this pandemic? Did I miss the news where they said it could spread over the phone? Oh, here's a better question: who's home phone would you suggest they set up phone in support on?

Since closing it for safety isn't because it can be transmitted over the phone, maybe it's because they can't go in to where the phones are based, ya' think?

Here is a link to a thread where it specifically discusses OTP emails: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Email-Validation-and-One-Time-Passwords/td-p/6645595

Not sure if it will help you, but it's good to be thorough.

He has, unfortunately, he linked it earlier, or owen did, can't remember, but they are discussing it there, as well as here.

Wow, first of all, thanks for the compliment. I wasn't aware that post 50 was "modern youth".

I just love when jokes are treated as serious remarks. Sheesh.

Second: "They shut it down due to covid". Why is it that you suppose they can't talk on a phone during this pandemic? Did I miss the news where they said it could spread over the phone? Oh, here's a better question: who's home phone would you suggest they set up phone in support on?

More to the point: whose home phone are they supposed to pay for, for the people to use them to take calls?

Since closing it for safety isn't because it can be transmitted over the phone, maybe it's because they can't go in to where the phones are based, ya' think?

That's a catastrophic misunderstanding of the situation. It isn't about transmission between the callers and the call centre staff, but rather about two things:

* Transmission between the different members of the call centre staff.

* Transmission from random idiots on public transport *to* the call centre staff who use it to get to the call centre.

Just like everywhere else. My company's offices are closed for much the same reasons, so I've learned to live with using Zoom and Mattermost to talk to my colleagues.

Oh, and what fraction of the staff have to operate in a reduced-effectiveness mode because they are home with their immediate families (including children) rather than separated from them? And what fraction are out sick with Covid for whatever reason? None of those things are conducive to effective telephone support.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I just love when jokes are treated as serious remarks. Sheesh.

Ya, me too...

More to the point: whose home phone are they supposed to pay for, for the people to use them to take calls?

That's a catastrophic misunderstanding of the situation. It isn't about transmission between the callers and the call centre staff, but rather about two things:

* Transmission between the different members of the call centre staff.

...and we can stop right here, because this is exactly what I was referencing in my first post, to which you replied "No".

* Transmission from random idiots on public transport *to* the call centre staff who use it to get to the call centre.

Just like everywhere else. My company's offices are closed for much the same reasons, so I've learned to live with using Zoom and Mattermost to talk to my colleagues.

Oh, and what fraction of the staff have to operate in a reduced-effectiveness mode because they are home with their immediate families (including children) rather than separated from them? And what fraction are out sick with Covid for whatever reason? None of those things are conducive to effective telephone support.

Which would, of course, include actually not being in the office, where the phones are located, right? It's amazing how most of your post here lays out exactly what I proposed initially, and yet, you wanted to disagree with me?

Owen Brooks answered my original question over on Answers HQ.

And to quote the last post over on my other thread:

Quick update

They finally agree that the issue is a system issue their end and they will work towards fixing it. They have also agreed to give reasonable compensation for my trouble.

Things are starting to look positive. Hopefully I'll be playing again next week.