Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

SurfMonkey

I don't know where else to go after five days of not receiving any help. Nobody is willing to help me resolve the issues I'm having . Customer support just send the same templated response then immediately close my tickets.

Issue One

So, I can't play any toon past level 20 because you need to validate your email address. In most cases, no problem, validate your email address and continue playing. For some reason email validation does not work for my account. If I enter my email address into the in-game validation popup, it does not send an email to me.

So I go here to start the process manually (https://account.swtor.com/user/validate/initiate). I enter my email address and I receive the validation email. I click the link in the email and fill out my details on the subsequent page, press submit and I get the red box telling me that validation has failed.

Advice from the support articles I've read online recommend a few actions to solve this, of which I have tried them all. One of them being to change my email address associated with my account; use an email address that has never been used by either SWTOR or EA Games.

Issue Two

Changing your email address on your SWTOR account page is easy enough. Go to your basic information tab of your account (https://account.swtor.com/user/info), type in your new email address, and press save. This does not work for me. When I press save I get the green box to say my changes were successful, but my email address does not change.

In Closing

I've followed all the standard advice and fixes. I've tried going through the process in-game on my laptop and pc. I've tried validating and changing my email address on my laptop, pc, and phone. I've tried using different browsers; Chrome, Edge, Firefox. It seems clear to me that the issue is not local to me, but an issue on SWTOR's end with my account.

I had hoped subscribing would mean I could bypass having to validate my email address. After all, I've been receiving emails related to my SWTOR account no problem, I've changed my password twice, no problem. But now I'm just stuck with a game I've paid for, but unable to play.

I am now desperate for somebody to start caring about my issue and to help me resolve it.

Edited by SurfMonkey

I don't know where else to go after five days of not receiving any help. Nobody is willing to help me resolve the issues I'm having . Customer support just send the same templated response then immediately close my tickets.

Issue One

So, I can't play any toon past level 20 because you need to validate your email address. In most cases, no problem, validate your email address and continue playing. For some reason email validation does not work for my account. If I enter my email address into the in-game validation popup, it does not send an email to me.

So I go here to start the process manually (https://account.swtor.com/user/validate/initiate). I enter my email address and I receive the validation email. I click the link in the email and fill out my details on the subsequent page, press submit and I get the red box telling me that validation has failed.

Advice from the support articles I've read online recommend a few actions to solve this, of which I have tried them all. One of them being to change my email address associated with my account; use an email address that has never been used by either SWTOR or EA Games.

Issue Two

Changing your email address on your SWTOR account page is easy enough. Go to your basic information tab of your account (https://account.swtor.com/user/info), type in your new email address, and press save. This does not work for me. When I press save I get the green box to say my changes were successful, but my email address does not change.

In Closing

I've followed all the standard advice and fixes. I've tried going through the process in-game on my laptop and pc. I've tried validating and changing my email address on my laptop, pc, and phone. I've tried using different browsers; Chrome, Edge, Firefox. It seems clear to me that the issue is not local to me, but an issue on SWTOR's end with my account.

I had hoped subscribing would mean I could bypass having to validate my email address. After all, I've been receiving emails related to my SWTOR account no problem, I've changed my password twice, no problem. But now I'm just stuck with a game I've paid for, but unable to play.

I am now desperate for somebody to start caring about my issue and to help me resolve it.

Send Eric Musco, Charles Boyd, MikeB, send one of these representatives your issues in a PM/email here on the site? Maybe they can help you better or lead you to someone that will help. I never heard of these issues. :(

Thank you for the tip. I don't actually know how to PM people on the forum. I'll keep poking around to see if I can figure it out, but I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Just find their avatar on a post they created, it should lead you to being able to PM them.

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1632719

Here's Eric Musco's info.

Edited by Lhancelot

Thank you for you help, I've found it. Charles Boyd and MikeB don't allow PMs but I have sent one to EricMusco asking them to view this thread.

I'd normally say ring the support line itself, they can fix stuff like this while you are on the phone, but unfortunately it's not operational at the moment, but eric is quick enough with responses, and quite helpful, so hopefully he'll be able to sort this out

I'd normally say ring the support line itself, they can fix stuff like this while you are on the phone, but unfortunately it's not operational at the moment, but eric is quick enough with responses, and quite helpful, so hopefully he'll be able to sort this out

Nice I didn’t know that. So he responds and is helpful when we send PMs, just not when we write on forum threads and posts. Good to know. :D

A silly question but perhaps relevant...which browser are you using? Cause if it's IE or Edge it may be a browser issue.

To quote my original post:

I've tried using different browsers; Chrome, Edge, Firefox. It seems clear to me that the issue is not local to me, but an issue on SWTOR's end with my account.

I'm an older gamer (and a professional web developer), I've been through these types of problems before over the years. I'm confident in saying that I've tried all the usual tricks to poke my browsers back in line, on multiple devices.

I've even tried making a new EA Games account using the same email address associated with my SWTOR account. I thought maybe doing that, I could change the email address in the EA account and have the changes propagate to the SWTOR account. I could change the EA email address perfectly fine, but nothing changed with SWTOR and I still have the same issue. I was clutching at straws...

Day Six

I suppose it's a good sign that my ticket wasn't immediately closed this time, unlike my last three tickets. But still no contact from support. I've decided just to keep starting new characters. I would go off and bake a cake to pass the time, but I've ran out of flour and I've been unable to find any in the shops.

Day Nine

As support have insisted multiple times that the issue is local to me, that there are zero issues their end, I thought I would test that theory. I've created a new free account, logged in, validated my email without issue, played the game, and successfully changed the email address associated with my account without issue.

I think it's time that support start to take my issue seriously. The issue is with my account on their system and not local to me.

I may have missed where you said, however have you changed your EA account address? I had problems with my account & sub recently and this was one of the suggestions in the workaround. I HAD NOT to my knowledge ever created an EA account, however it seems many years ago one was created for me (and the workaround mentioned that some time ago EA accounts were auto created). I used the "forgot password" option to update that account but I was still prevented from doing anything on my SWTOR account via Chrome (even though I cleared my Chrome cache) however I tried Firefox which I never use for any SWTOR stuff OR have an account with so nothing is stored in the cache. That allowed me to sort out my account.

Suggestion 1: You said you've tried several browsers so you will need to fully clear the cache of all of them before you try again OR find yet another browser that you've never used for SWTOR stuff or is not linked to you by your browser's account.

Suggestion 2: Have you tried "forgot email address" for the account you're trying to change? That might allow you to get round the issue.

Suggestion 3: Did you post any screenshots of your issue on AHQ (leaving out identifiable info)? That might help people come up with a solution for you.

I had no response to my "help me" post so I'm really glad I managed to solve my issue alone. I can't see you getting help any time soon unfortunately, unless it's from other players so I can understand your frustration.

I may have missed where you said, however have you changed your EA account address?

Below is a quote from info I received on AHQ. But yes, I have already tried this.

EA account changes no longer auto change on swtor accounts they are no longer linked for emails etc

Suggestion 1: I have tried multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Suggestion 2: There is not an option for "forgot email address" to my knowledge.

Suggestion 3: I've attached multiple screenshots to my support tickets. Of the four tickets I've sent, three were closed by support, all within 24 hours of me opening them. The last one hasn't had any responses yet.

Call me cynical, but to me this shows that although support my be busy, they are NOT overwhelmed. They read, responded, and closed my tickets within 24 hours. They are prioritising easy support tickets, or support tickets relating to people not being able to pay money. As I've said, this isn't a problem which can be fixed by me or other community members. There is a system issue with my account and I'm just being stonewalled by support.

I am so angry at the pitiful excuse for “support” I have (not) received from SWTOR support.

Five support tickets have all been closed without a single response or care for my issue.

My last ticket has just been closed with the note “Resolved via Email”. This is a flat out lie from the support representative. They have not made any attempt at contacting me regarding this issue. What the actual f* are they playing at?!

Quick update

They finally agree that the issue is a system issue their end and they will work towards fixing it. They have also agreed to give reasonable compensation for my trouble.

It appears there might be something not working correctly on our side and that is why you are not receiving the link to validate your mail. This might take some time to fix and I have no ETA on that.

Things are starting to look positive. Hopefully I'll be playing again next week.