Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest to use PVP build.

LayneStaley
02.16.2013 , 12:50 PM | #1
Hi there. Just returned to SWTOR

I was just wondering if anyone could help me by advising the easiest to use - best PVP build?
I am really horrendous at getting used to many buttons so this would help me greatly

Also. I am Valor Rank 56 - With mostly Champion pieces, one BM and one WH (That I bought today, abit bemused)
Since I no longer seem to need rank X for WH gear - What should be my next step? Farm Commendations for WH set?

Rigsta
02.17.2013 , 12:42 AM | #2
I've been unsubbed for some time so I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but this should still be more or less accurate.

Marksman is generally considered the easiest to use. Its advantage is that you almost always have a good damaging ability available even when switching between targets, along with instant snipes and some nice survival perks. Diversion is underestimated as a survival tool as well, works great against melee/ranged attacks. This is the build I started off with.

Lethality requires less use of cover and the DoTs allow you to continue to deal armor-ignoring damage indirectly while LoS'd. DoTs > weaken > cull is your burst combo. In terms of survival it trades tanky/cover-focussed abilities for some extra mobility. Personally I found it to be something of a one-trick-pony; The DoTs are ok by themselves and Cull is beastly, but I wanted a spec that doesn't resolve around a single ability so much.

For PVP my favourite is definitely engineering. With a little setup you can deal some wicked burst damage and you have get great AE capability (though it eats energy). But the real gem is plasma probe - a tool of many uses, it AE-damages, snares, stuns, and if you place it properly it prevents enemies capping an objective for 18 seconds. Rotated with Orbital Strike (which crits like a truck as engi) you can prevent caps for a long time without even needing to target anyone. It's certainly the most fiddly though, it took me some time to get used to it.

Whichever build you end up sticking with, you're not going to escape needing to memorize 3 actions bars' worth of abilities. I advise you to try each one yourself, I'd never have expected to like engineering so much before I played it for a week.

Gear-wise: If lv50 PVP is anything like when I last played then get a battlemaster set first, recruit gear is horrible and WH is expensive.

EDIT: very in-depth guide here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=576490