Why the novels and books arent a valid sorce of information

Starcheif

To start with i want to say i am not trying to bash the ones who wrote the books/novles

on another note i am allways willing to debate but trolls and people who bash me for my oppinion WILL be ignored im trying to create a adult debate not a Bash fest...

now on to the books

i find them enjoyable but not a valid info sorce since george dident write them the books are fun and good and builds on a great universe, but i dont believe they cant be used as refrences again the man dident write them... or approved them many will bash ME for this statement but ill prove it right here.. right now

First:

if u read some of the early books there was a series where luke and lea had children (ewww) dont even try to say that was approved...

Second:

i want to adress the whole plaguis created anakin thing wich is pure.. yea u get the idea.. here is why...

in episode 1 the mother say there was no father... ergo there is no father... gerorge lucas him self tells the story and he decides what is true period...

i can understand the whole concept he was created thing was a good plot for a book, since you hear plagueis can create life... but come on if that was true wouldent it have been at least hinted.. no.. thats right because sidius dident know about it...

hope you can hear that this is way out there...... and since THE MAN havent gotten anything to do with this plot and the books in general thats just what they are, they are theorys about what could have happened, or a so called *what if* books... good to read, good entertainment but not a valid source.

geroge dident write the books he created the universe he knows the lore so unless george say so it... NEVER happened....

now i can hear people wonder but what about swtor and kotor 1 and 2... let me adress this to get it out of the way.. these things ARE Aapproved... its bioware and... drum roll..... lucas arts these storys are true and approved by lucas... so remember the books are books... games by lucas arts is valid.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You.... Understand the point of different levels of canon, and Lucasarts as a whole right? Lucas may not personally read through every piece of Star Wars canon, but his people do, and they sign off on it all.

You.... Understand the point of different levels of canon, and Lucasarts as a whole right? Lucas may not personally read through every piece of Star Wars canon, but his people do, and they sign off on it all.

yes i know.. they say its a good *STORY* you can publish but that dosent mean its what happened

yes i know.. they say its a good *STORY* you can publish but that dosent mean its what happened

Well since fans of Star Wars aren't getting anything else from George, they take these novels as canon (or if they are particularly opinionated, select novels) for themselves.

I don't think you really understand what the different levels of canon and the idea behind writing the Expanded Universe is.

Well since fans of Star Wars aren't getting anything else from George, they take these novels as canon (or if they are particularly opinionated, select novels) for themselves.

I don't think you really understand what the different levels of canon and the idea behind writing the Expanded Universe is.

canon is whats considerd official.. considered is a large area it can be person pref like u said.. therer for there arent any *Corret answers* wich is why i chose to bring it p to debate :-D i am simply giving my oppinion :-D

BUT you can separate it. u can say i believe the novels but then u have to accpet it ALL of the written word not just what u like.. or you can say i believe lucas.... i chose the ladder

Edited by Starcheif

BUT you can separate it. u can say i believe the novels but then u have to accpet it ALL of the written word not just what u like.. or you can say i believe lucas.... i chose the ladder

Why?!

canon is whats considerd official.. considered is a large area it can be person pref like u said.. therer for there arent any *Corret answers* wich is why i chose to bring it p to debate :-D i am simply giving my oppinion :-D

Lucas hired leland chee to maintain continuity. Leland Chee created the rules of Canon. Leland Chee, in a sense, controls what is and isn't Canon. The novels are Canon. The novels are approved by Lucas Arts. Just as this game and the kotor series are. Neither is more approved than the other. In fact, novels have a higher canonical precedence than the games themselves do. Games are S Canon at best. Novels are C Canon.

n. The novels are Canon. The novels are approved by Lucas Arts. Just as this game and the kotor series are. .

there u go tight there i refuse to believe that the books with luke and leia are married and having children are canon do u believe that??

there u go tight there i refuse to believe that the books with luke and leia are married and having children are canon do u believe that??

It's called a "retcon".

Or possibly an AU. Either/or really.

To start with i want to say i am not trying to bash the ones who wrote the books/novles

on another note i am allways willing to debate but trolls and people who bash me for my oppinion WILL be ignored im trying to create a adult debate not a Bash fest...

now on to the books

i find them enjoyable but not a valid info sorce since george dident write them the books are fun and good and builds on a great universe, but i dont believe they cant be used as refrences again the man dident write them... or approved them many will bash ME for this statement but ill prove it right here.. right now

First:

if u read some of the early books there was a series where luke and lea had children (ewww) dont even try to say that was approved...

Second:

i want to adress the whole plaguis created anakin thing wich is pure.. yea u get the idea.. here is why...

in episode 1 the mother say there was no father... ergo there is no father... gerorge lucas him self tells the story and he decides what is true period...

i can understand the whole concept he was created thing was a good plot for a book, since you hear plagueis can create life... but come on if that was true wouldent it have been at least hinted.. no.. thats right because sidius dident know about it...

hope you can hear that this is way out there...... and since THE MAN havent gotten anything to do with this plot and the books in general thats just what they are, they are theorys about what could have happened, or a so called *what if* books... good to read, good entertainment but not a valid source.

geroge dident write the books he created the universe he knows the lore so unless george say so it... NEVER happened....

now i can hear people wonder but what about swtor and kotor 1 and 2... let me adress this to get it out of the way.. these things ARE Aapproved... its bioware and... drum roll..... lucas arts these storys are true and approved by lucas... so remember the books are books... games by lucas arts is valid.

I have never seen such pure George Worship in about 2 days. Seriously, man. You realize George isn't God, right? I mean, this is the guy that's actually retconned HIMSELF several times. Now before you reply, I suggest you watch the OT in ORIGINAL form, then the latest re-release. You will see what I mean. Most notably Episodes IV and VI. Luckily, he didn't screw up Empire Strikes Back that much.

What novel is this? Because I can assure you that is not Canon.

INow before you reply, I suggest you watch the OT in ORIGINAL form, then the latest re-release. You will see what I mean. Most notably Episodes IV and VI. Luckily, he didn't screw up Empire Strikes Back that much.

i have seen them more times then whats good for a person and he stated him self that the mocies in 77 and the follewing year wasent complete now they are more accurate.. people must fance that what they grew up with wasent his whole vision.. and re-release is closer to what he had in mind in 77

Lucas hired leland chee to maintain continuity. Leland Chee created the rules of Canon. Leland Chee, in a sense, controls what is and isn't Canon. The novels are Canon. The novels are approved by Lucas Arts. Just as this game and the kotor series are. Neither is more approved than the other. In fact, novels have a higher canonical precedence than the games themselves do. Games are S Canon at best. Novels are C Canon.

That's not true in regards to videogames being C-canon. S-canon refers to generally older works which have elements that might not necessarily fit in with the Star Wars mythos but are still considered canon until a newer work has need to override it. Until that need, it stays canon.

Videogames are actually considered C-canon and are often referenced in novels, such as the KOTOR and TOR eras. Plot-lines and the story itself are considered canon, along with anything that might have to do with the missions themselves. Game mechanics, however, such as "rage building" and abilities are not canon. However, missions are, of course - so the major events that happen in TOR and the players' role in them is canon.

no i realy dont but i beleve what lucas say not a second writer...

Lucas says that the Extended Universe all happened, just in a different "universe" than the movies. How Canon works is that the movies (and increasingly the Clone Wars show) and anything else he claims happened in "his" Star Wars Universe. All of the Extended Universe stuff includes what happened in "his" universe along with the other, lower levels of Canon that all must conform to the movies or else its N-Canon. That's how its set up. What you think doesn't matter as far as Canon is concerned. None of us have a say in it, that's the cold hard truth.

There is no such book. He marries Mara Jade and has kids with her. Leia has kids with Han.

you can say that all you want but wont make it true the book exist and its not afan fic but it i a very old book

Lucas says that the Extended Universe all happened, just in a different "universe" than the movies. How Canon works is that the movies (and increasingly the Clone Wars show) and anything else he claims happened in "his" Star Wars Universe. All of the Extended Universe stuff includes what happened in "his" universe along with the other, lower levels of Canon that all must conform to the movies or else its N-Canon. That's how its set up. What you think doesn't matter as far as Canon is concerned. None of us have a say in it, that's the cold hard truth.

i totally agree on that we cant do anything about it but that dosent mean we have to accept it

i have seen them more times then whats good for a person and he stated him self that the mocies in 77 and the follewing year wasent complete now they are more accurate.. people must fance that what they grew up with wasent his whole vision.. and re-release is closer to what he had in mind in 77

Ok, has it been mentioned yet how often Lucas lies through his teeth? If that was the case, then every edition of the A New Hope novelization would have had Greedo shooting first. Every novelization of Return of the Jedi would have Vader shouting "NOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!" as he tossed ol' Pally into the reactor shaft.

You may not be old enough to remember, but George gave a televised interview back in 1980 shortly after ESB released, talking about his plans for the saga, including 9 movie scripts ALREADY written and finalized. Then after the prequels got railed by both critics and fans, he said he never planned more than 6 movies. He changed his story again with Anakin now being the main character instead of Luke.

Also, what is the title of the book where Luke and Leia have kids? I would definitely like to know. Yes, I'm afraid this is a "Pics Or It Didn't Happen" moment.

you can say that all you want but wont make it true the book exist and its not afan fic but it i a very old book

Why don't you look up when the earliest books were printed? You'll be surprised to find out.. such a book doesn't exist.