Level boosts and companion conversations

TonyTricicolo

Funny story. I ran through all the classes to get Legendary with such haste that I totally forgot about all the little bonuses the completion of companion conversations give. So I'm at this forehead slapping /doh! moment! Do any of the level boosts complete companion conversation or do I have to pull teeth and grind that Shi7 again?

Funny story. I ran through all the classes to get Legendary with such haste that I totally forgot about all the little bonuses the completion of companion conversations give. So I'm at this forehead slapping /doh! moment! Do any of the level boosts complete companion conversation or do I have to pull teeth and grind that Shi7 again?

The *boosts* work like this:

* Outlander token start-at-60: all class story and class-companion stories marked "complete". The whole Revan thing, including Rise of the Emperor, marked complete.

* Outlander token start-at-65: the above, plus all KotFE chapters (but not alerts, nor Star Fortress, nor Eternal Championship) marked complete. You can play the chapters, but it counts as a replay.

* Master's Datacron: You are promoted to level 70 and given your ship and the ship droid if you don't already have them. I have no idea what happens if you have begun Chapter I of KotFE (and therefore lost your original ship and ship droid) when you use it, and it seems like a somewhat academic question, since it's hardly worth the effort if you're already level 60+.

The Master's Datacron changes nothing else.

So, since you obviously didn't use Outlander tokens for these characters (you were able to run the class stories, therefore you didn't use an Outlander token), you can, if you have not already begun KotFE/ET or JUS on them, just go to their ships and have the conversations. The act of beginning KotFE/ET (or skipping them directly to JUS) marks the class stories and class-companion stories done, and that act is implicit in the creation of an Outlander token character.

Hope that helps.

The *boosts* work like this:

* Outlander token start-at-60: all class story and class-companion stories marked "complete". The whole Revan thing, including Rise of the Emperor, marked complete.

* Outlander token start-at-65: the above, plus all KotFE chapters (but not alerts, nor Star Fortress, nor Eternal Championship) marked complete. You can play the chapters, but it counts as a replay.

* Master's Datacron: You are promoted to level 70 and given your ship and the ship droid if you don't already have them. I have no idea what happens if you have begun Chapter I of KotFE (and therefore lost your original ship and ship droid) when you use it, and it seems like a somewhat academic question, since it's hardly worth the effort if you're already level 60+.

The Master's Datacron changes nothing else.

So, since you obviously didn't use Outlander tokens for these characters (you were able to run the class stories, therefore you didn't use an Outlander token), you can, if you have not already begun KotFE/ET or JUS on them, just go to their ships and have the conversations. The act of beginning KotFE/ET (or skipping them directly to JUS) marks the class stories and class-companion stories done, and that act is implicit in the creation of an Outlander token character.

Hope that helps.

and one more thing as I forgot to add the kicker...those toons are long since deleted lol

But yea, nonetheless, thanks that clears things up. Waste CC or spacebar like a maniac in the last 5days left of double xp, Decisions, decisions.

and one more thing as I forgot to add the kicker...those toons are long since deleted lol

But yea, nonetheless, thanks that clears things up. Waste CC or spacebar like a maniac in the last 5days left of double xp, Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, that's a tough one. If you spend(1) CC on Master's Datacrons, you can spacebar like a maniac through *just* the class stories, whereas if you start at level 1 and crank through normally during the remaining double time, you can probably do the same (post 4.0 class mission XP is effectively x6 relative to pre-4.0, and if you then double it again, it's approximately the same as the pre-4.0 "x12" period).

But if you throw in some H2s or a bit of low/mid PvP or a bit of GSF or railshooter, you can blast through doing just the class stories. (Railshooter isn't available until you get your class ship, obviously.)

(1) The distinction between "spend" and "waste" is one I can't help you with. It's highly subjective, but I'll just add that cranking through mobs in the class stories is *much* faster if you are significantly over-level, like, say, level 70.

Just a detail - you can also summon them in your stronghold, to have the conversations. No need to go run around your ship. :)

Some convos MUST be on the ship, but all convos can be done on the ship. So, it is better to go run around the ship. As long as you haven’t started KOTFE/KOTET.

Some convos MUST be on the ship, but all convos can be done on the ship. So, it is better to go run around the ship. As long as you haven’t started KOTFE/KOTET.

I've taken all 16 advanced classes through the story, and on a few characters I did all the (unfinished) conversation threads with them in my stronghold prior to doing KOTFE. I don't recall any conversation that had to be done on the ship - there were some times when a comp would suggest we talk onboard the ship, but the conversation worked just as well in a cantina or in a stronghold. (Not saying it doesn't happen, but it must be rare if it does.)

I've taken all 16 advanced classes through the story, and on a few characters I did all the (unfinished) conversation threads with them in my stronghold prior to doing KOTFE. I don't recall any conversation that had to be done on the ship - there were some times when a comp would suggest we talk onboard the ship, but the conversation worked just as well in a cantina or in a stronghold. (Not saying it doesn't happen, but it must be rare if it does.)

There's a fair number that are ship-only, in fact. In some cases (notably Doctor Lokin and/or Vector, but also LS Jaesa) they involve interactions with another companion, and there's only one script for that, involving the player's ship.

The other one that springs to mind is when a male Inquisitor finally beds Ashara, and the action shifts to the "captain's cabin" of the ship.