Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

wainot-keel
03.12.2014 , 09:27 AM | #21
Well, I'm currently making two different DA:O runs so....

ATM, I only play swtor 2, perhaps 3 times a week to raid with my guild and that's it.... but I don't think I'll be quiting this game for DAI, which I will certainly play....

Jeweledleah
03.12.2014 , 10:39 AM | #22
yeah, most likely I'll be MIA for a few days once DAI drops. and I didn't even want to be excited about it, but damn if it doesn't look good. incidentally? it will be shipping with a feature that will allow you to chose most if not all major decisions from prior 2 games, a built in save editor if you will.

that said, I had a lot more issues with ME3 as a sequel than I did with DA2 (it took extensive modding, not just lazarus project for imports, we're talking content modding, as well as completely changing how I relate to rpg's and character development within them, before I could enjoy it). /shrug, to each their own.

as for completely stopping to play SWTOR, at this point, it would take my guild falling apart for me to stop completely. I may end up cutting back eventually, once I'm done playing around with stories, but I'm having too much fun playing with my guildies so..

ImmortalLowlife
03.12.2014 , 11:35 AM | #23
DA:I is the main reason I bought my PS4. It's arguably the ONLY game I'm gonna buy new this year (since they're pushing witcher 3 back till next Feb ) But I'm beyond excited for DA:I..... I loved origins, I loved the combat and art style of DA2. And I fully expect DA:I to be the best of both worlds. But chances are I'll be subbed to swtor until the "unnamed sw rpg" is released on consoles.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Callaron
03.12.2014 , 05:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
DA:I is the main reason I bought my PS4. It's arguably the ONLY game I'm gonna buy new this year (since they're pushing witcher 3 back till next Feb ) But I'm beyond excited for DA:I..... I loved origins, I loved the combat and art style of DA2. And I fully expect DA:I to be the best of both worlds. But chances are I'll be subbed to swtor until the "unnamed sw rpg" is released on consoles.
Why are you hating on the PC version?
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Callaron
03.12.2014 , 05:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Yes.

Yes...well...except for the "you ARE" part. If switch that to "you were" or "you hopefully will be," then yes. I haven't played SWTOR for months, not least of all because of certain bugs.

Apparently I'm more sensitive to some things than most, but there are things that just make a game not worth playing to me....for example, at the moment I'm greatly enjoying Mass Effect 3. But as much as I'm enjoying it, I never would have played it at all if it weren't for the fan-made fix for ME1/2 custom faces (highly recommended if you're playing ME3 with an imported character):

http://faceeffect.blogspot.com/2012/...-tutorial.html

(Don't let the long tutorial intimidate you...once you get everything together, it's really pretty much a one-click process.)
Fair enough.
I'll have to try that lazarus project sometime when I decide to go through ME3 again.
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

horrorfaneightys
03.12.2014 , 10:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
They are really good games. ME1 especially is probably my favorite Bioware game.

I am actually kind of excited about DA:I. It seems like Bioware is moving out of their comfort zone with it and trying something new to them... We'll see.
My friend has played all the Mass Effect games. She's particularly fond of the second one. I saw the trailer for DA:I at E3 or something last year, whilst I was watching for into on another game. It does look fun.
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia Rufous Charc Janeena Rubane Gwyrr Vio'xa Audrina Rey

Callaron
03.12.2014 , 11:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
My friend has played all the Mass Effect games. She's particularly fond of the second one. I saw the trailer for DA:I at E3 or something last year, whilst I was watching for into on another game. It does look fun.
Of the ME games ME2 is probably my favorite as well, the first game probably has a better story - but ME2 was such an improvement in gameplay and graphics that it's the better game overall (to me at least).
Not to mention it has Omega.

archifikoss
03.13.2014 , 01:18 AM | #28
Mass Effect 2 was great too, more polished gameplay wise for the most part, and yeah Omega was awesome... But I liked it less because it felt too streamlined... Mako replaced by planet scanning (I actually liked that crazy bouncing tank!), more linear feel, too streamlined inventory and the ammo system dropped it a notch in my eyes. The problem was that it tried to fix some of the more questionable features of the first game by oversimplifying and heavily streamlining rather than simply tuning down and tweaking (like the looting and inventory systems).

That's not to say that didn't love the game of course, I played through it a number of times

ImmortalLowlife
03.13.2014 , 07:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Why are you hating on the PC version?
I'm not.....I'd just rather play with a controller. Swtor is literally the ONLY game I play on PC. (Although I did finally download steam last night just to see what it's about). I was gonna buy KOTOR 1&2 but I noticed it doesn't say it'll run with Windows 7 . I only wanted it on PC so I could play it with the mods, because I own both on Xbox already.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

ZETA_SCORPII
03.13.2014 , 09:32 AM | #30
Mass Exodus lol! I play many games whenever I want, I don't have to break-up with my PC or Xbox lol