Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

Fizyx

Who cares? Just get them to replace the little wibbly thing and keep playing? Can you not just go through the hardship (?!) of not authenticating for a few days? I could understand if you were 7 or something, or it meant you couldn't play the game at all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be realistic here. Bioware doesn't package boxes with their contents. It was subbed out to a factory in Mexico...or China. It contains 80% lead and the display is Chinese drywall...jokes aside, report the damage, get the RMA and move on. Don't blame Bioware for something they've never even seen or had in their building to see. Now if they don't resolve the problem THEN you blame them. But manufacturing problems are a part of life. If you make enough things, a percentage of them WILL be broken before they're even boxed. Most likely it was packaged by machine and you're the first human to even see it.

Who cares? Just get them to replace the little wibbly thing and keep playing? Can you not just go through the hardship (?!) of not authenticating for a few days? I could understand if you were 7 or something, or it meant you couldn't play the game at all.

It's sad that my post has so offended you... have you ever considered the fact that perhaps people make judgements on companies based off the quality of what they purchase... and that after an expensive purchase like this one, there shouldn't be a case where you have to 'Just get them to replace' anything in the first place? After reading some of the responses in this thread, I'm no longer convinced that there was a failure of quality control... but it's still highly disappointing to open the box and immediately see something broken.

WoW and TOR use the same company to produce their authenticators that the ISP I work for uses.

RSA SecureID

The difference is, my work one costs about 10x what my WoW/TOR ones do.

Different quality LCD display and the Plexiglas window on the WoW ones are far thinner than my work one.

Having said that, I have seen the ones we use for work develop cracks when stored in luggage for flights (pressure and temperature extremes) ... now imagine what the thinner Plexiglas goes through on a game fob

Call customer support, tell them delivered damaged and they'll issue a RMA

Just curious if you called Bioware Customer Support and what their response was? I mean it sounds like a non issue unless they're refusing to replace the item its not like its "unique" like the statue. If the statue was broken on arrival I'd be hacked off....just seems you could of been calling support instead of typing this massive post to be all upset over.

Just curious if you called Bioware Customer Support and what their response was? I mean it sounds like a non issue unless they're refusing to replace the item its not like its "unique" like the statue. If the statue was broken on arrival I'd be hacked off....just seems you could of been calling support instead of typing this massive post to be all upset over.

Oh yes, I've contacted Customer Support (although I haven't heard back from them yet). However, I was 1. Wondering if anyone else had problems with the CE (and it appears that I'm not the only one... there is another thread about peoples statues being busted up), and 2. Felt like it would be a fun story. I'm not THAT angry about it, especially after some of the very informative posts in this thread about the fragility of the item, and I saw an opportunity to make an amusing post on the topic. Besides... it's not like I really had anything else to do, and I needed a break from playing anyways :p

It's sad that my post has so offended you... have you ever considered the fact that perhaps people make judgements on companies based off the quality of what they purchase... and that after an expensive purchase like this one, there shouldn't be a case where you have to 'Just get them to replace' anything in the first place? After reading some of the responses in this thread, I'm no longer convinced that there was a failure of quality control... but it's still highly disappointing to open the box and immediately see something broken.

You didn't offend me at all. Just build a bridge and get over it - there are people starving in India and stuff, it's not the end of the world. Just get Bioware to replace the wee tooter and play on, problem solved.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your authenticator! Definitely reach out to our Customer Service team, and they should be able to help you out.

Mr. Bass,

What about people that are getting their CE's that does not have a Product Registration Code. I got my CE today and it has the PRC sheet in it but the code is not printed on the page.

I have been on the phone and did talk to some one and have open a ticket via the support center online. The call center has asked me to provide a JPEG image of my PRC sheet and I have sent that on. Hopefully to be resolved.

I have read several others peoples post that have similar issues and they are being told to contact the retailer, but what can the retailer do? This seems to be an issue with how fast the boxes had to be shipped and in-turn makes it a manufacturing problem. Specially with this being the Collector's Edition, are they going to have extra codes laying around?

The sad reality is, when a mass of technology is sent out, there's going to be the occasional lemon. I receive computers for a major school district, and I'd say 1 in 100 of the Laptops we get in have something wrong with them. It sucks, but you send it back and get a new one.

Thanks to the OP about the story. Sorry about the item being broken, I'm sure bioware will take care of it. But the post literally had me laughing. So thank you.

Thank you! Humor is useless if it's not appreciated by someone :)

My CE came in with pristine packaging from amazon on the outside shipping box, but damaged on a full corner edge on the top and cut a little on the top of the lid :(... have an email in to EA's support hoping for the best. I haven't opened it yet just in case... hopefully it's not missing a key or has anything broken other than the box!

EDIT: Called Amazon and was allowed to open it to check contents without risking going non-refundable... they originally offered to cross-ship without any hassle but then found they were fully out of stock. I accepted a small credit and kept it... I'm happy enough. The outer plastic shell was pretty busted up though, cracked hugely, but that looked more like shipping protection than actual game-box display stuff.

Edited by Ancen

This is so epic. Another reason why I'm happy I ordered from Gamestop. Received my CE today and everything was perfect.

Go Gamestop!

Edit -

Already read posts from many Amazon customers who received CE boxes with no games, missing art books, broken statues, etc. Amazon blows. Glad you all realize it now.

Edited by JoeeyyMagzz

you aint the only one whit an issue of the CE edtion my figuer is littarly missing an leg it is broken and just lying in the fome box it comes in i have contatede the shop and EA who is the distubter of this game and so far i am wating hoping thay can finde me a new figuer as i was kind of looking forward to have the sith lord amonge my other figuers o well hears hoping eveyting works out

Jack

PS

i aturaly got mine at the local gamestop and yes thay are wroking on getting me a new figuer as well

Edited by Jack_The_Jackal

mine was missing the art book

There is no art book in the collector's edition. Bioware is selling that item separately.

My CE was damaged as well. The inside of the box lid and the cardboard where all the books and other items were inserted was torn and the plastic pivots holding the plastic DVD sleeves on to the metal DVD case were broken. :( Between the pristine condition I keep my belongings in and the $150 price tag, I was very frustrated to see that. Can I realistically expect Bioware to send me a new metal DVD case and/or CE box if I take the time to report this? I have a difficult time believing that.

Edited by Apax

The box my CE came in was heavily damaged. To the point of the images having scratches and even part of the image missing. I was very disappointed in this since I love the images on the box and had planned on keeping it. After reading this thread I opened my figure and found that it is all together but has scratches on it, the eyes are not fully colored, and the stand for it is scratched and damaged. I could not believe that after paying $150 for the game I would get a damaged container and a figure that is scratched up and missing some color on the eyes :(:(:(