Hard Choice - Trooper or Bounty Hunter?

Maxlingon

Right now I would suggest going with bounty hunter. The trooper abilities have issues with responsiveness from what I've seen, as well as annoying "set up" times which are aren't present on the bounty hunters abilities.

What appeals to you more storywise? A neutral mercenary who is his own boss and does as he pleases, or a courageous, loyal soldier of the republic. They have very different stories.

You could also take into consideration if you would rather use flame throwers and jetpacks, or ion cannons and grenades. Troopers use bigger weaponry while Bounty Hunters have more gadgets at their disposal.

Don't make the mistake of thinking trooper = good guy and bounty hunter = bad guy. I'm playing a dark side vanguard and can honestly say there are some really great dark side options as a trooper. It's more a choice of if you want to go republic or empire imo

Trooper has more broken abilities then Bounty Hunter has. You can also get off more Abilities as a bounty hunter without having too much heat compared to how quickly the trooper runs out of ammo. Right now if your going for pvp, choose the Bounty hunter is far superior to the glitched and resource starved trooper.

Don't make the mistake of thinking trooper = good guy and bounty hunter = bad guy. I'm playing a dark side vanguard and can honestly say there are some really great dark side options as a trooper. It's more a choice of if you want to go republic or empire imo

Threatening to kill the kid in the starter zone if the contact wouldn't help you was a very nice start to the game ;p

Just to answer your question though, I think Bounty Hunter if PvP is your thing or Trooper for PvE. Right now Trooper has a power called motor volley (I think that's thename) which has a huge blast radius and kills most non-elite enemies outright while knocking them down throughout the whole ability. It's nice to kill a group of mobs with a one button push. It's basically the PvE "I win" button.

Just to answer your question though, I think Bounty Hunter if PvP is your thing or Trooper for PvE. Right now Trooper has a power called motor volley (I think that's thename) which has a huge blast radius and kills most non-elite enemies outright while knocking them down throughout the whole ability. It's nice to kill a group of mobs with a one button push. It's basically the PvE "I win" button.

Death from Above is the same skill and uses less resources in comparison.

Both classes have mirrored abilities.

Trooper has more broken abilities then Bounty Hunter has. You can also get off more Abilities as a bounty hunter without having too much heat compared to how quickly the trooper runs out of ammo. Right now if your going for pvp, choose the Bounty hunter is far superior to the glitched and resource starved trooper.

Dont listen to this guy.

What appeals to you more storywise? A neutral mercenary who is his own boss and does as he pleases, or a courageous, loyal soldier of the republic. They have very different stories.

You could also take into consideration if you would rather use flame throwers and jetpacks, or ion cannons and grenades. Troopers use bigger weaponry while Bounty Hunters have more gadgets at their disposal.

This^^^.

Dont listen to this guy.

Or you can level both classes like I have, and notice the difference yourself before downing my opinion that was made by playing both sides and noticing the difference. Oh I get it! Your a Bounty hunter ain't you and you don't want people to notice how superior your resources are.

Edited by Xukuth

Bounty Hunter would make both James Bond and Inspector Gadget envious for all the tools you have. Imagine, just in your wrist watch you are packing a laser, 3 types of Missiles, 2 types of Darts, a portable medical device and a flame thrower. Not to mention jet packs...

All this is standard issue equipment, then comes specializations that brings a whole new set of tools to level the play field.

Edited by ZingFreelancer

I haven't played BH yet only trooper.I can say that some(emphasis on "some") of the armour looks pretty cool & if you go commando medic tree(I did) on a PvE server, it's fun to wander around and mow low lvl mobs down. Commando IS slow but w/ the right gun & mods it doesn't take much to bring a 1 on 1 elite down at/below your lvl. It becomes a slugging match if the mob is +1 your lvl but not impossible. My 2 cents.

Or you can level both classes like I have, and notice the difference yourself before downing my opinion that was made by playing both sides and noticing the difference. Oh I get it! Your a Bounty hunter ain't you and you don't want people to notice how superior your resources are.

You're an idiot and spreading misinformation. The two are identical and the only difference is the storyline and the fact that one uses 2 pistols vs 1 gun. Stop using ridiculous anecdotal evidence based on "your experiences" when there is plenty of FACTUAL information already out there.

They said not to listen because the classes are mirrored. It might feel different because of the difference between heat and Ammo but it's exactly the same. One goes up, one goes down but the recharge rate is exactly the same and the cost of abilities are exactly the same.

What story and Faction do you want to play is the only question here.

This^^^.