Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Suaine's Avatar


Suaine
03.02.2012 , 11:18 AM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaSok View Post
Forcing preferences on others? Like say... telling people that want srga just to roll the OG of the toon they want to romance instead of hoping for the sgra options?

At this point though, I've read a few of your posts and you are repeating the same thing, getting angry and defensive, and seem to be just trolling. Try to make discussion logically, and calmly, because posts like this are the reason treads get closed.
*points to bolded part* That is probably part of the point, really. I'm about done engaging if there is nothing but "I don't want to see the gays!" coming from that direction. It's been done, repeatedly. There is nothing new coming out of it.

Bioware are ultimately the final and only voice with a vote when it comes to this. Company history and philosophy says they probably wouldn't add a toggle, not just because it's offensive but because adding it would make the coding more complex when the alternative is perfectly serviceable.

Whatever they decide is what will happen and we as players will then be able to make the choice to continue to play their game or not. Some may leave if there isn't a toggle and some may leave if there is. Most probably won't care so Galbatorrix' entire doomsday scenario is nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

natashina's Avatar


natashina
03.02.2012 , 11:40 AM | #932
Quote: Originally Posted by Lilmagex View Post
I guess i missed the point of the esc button but i i can see why they would need to put it. I remember the whole debate in DA2 where anders flirted with everyone and people got pissy cause they accidentally flirted with him not meaning too.
Not sure what you meant by the top statement(bolded for clarity.) Could you please elaborate?

I was simply stating that would be a neat OPTION to turn off the [Flirt] text(not the content, just the prompt), not automatically. I'm a bigger fan of the LHS option for all flirts. That's what I feel would be the best bet, after reading some of the more veteran posters. I never played DA2, therefore I can't speak about that.

Innocentone's Avatar


Innocentone
03.02.2012 , 11:46 AM | #933
Wow, I read threw so many posts about some worried about being flirted with by same sex companions . I can't help but wonder if there afraid of there own sexuality . I'm also sure that there is a lot of straight people that do get approached at times but take the time not to blow a gasket by just giving a response that there not interested . If you don't want to flirt with your companions then don't choose the flirt option simple as that. That system is idiot proof . But of course there are those that don't want to keep things simple and still want to argue over this by trolling . When it comes down to it, there are those out there that don't want to see others enjoying themselves with this option added .


And please don't get me started on religious nut jobs. That's a whole other can of worms.
Have a nice day.

Vagessel's Avatar


Vagessel
03.02.2012 , 11:47 AM | #934
Hey, just thought I'd share that it looks tremendously weird how this topic is permanent maintained in the first half of the first page with the same people arguing over an over like an echo gallery.

It gives the perception it's being manipulated to keep it on top, in your face. Might be wrong, of course. Just seems weird.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
03.02.2012 , 11:49 AM | #935
Okay, people. Seriously. This has become a circular argument for at least four pages. It's very clear that the pro- and anti-Toggle sides aren't going to agree with one another, and there's little to no hope for a satisfying outcome that'll please all sides.

So can we please agree to disagree and stop with the snide hostility? This is one of the most contentious matters that has been brought up since SGRAs have been discussed on these forums and by the look of it there's not going to be a resolution any time soon.

So please. Let's realise the argument for the dead horse that it is and stop flogging it. Some people want a toggle, some people don't, and everyone has their reasons. That pretty much covers it.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Innocentone's Avatar


Innocentone
03.02.2012 , 11:51 AM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Okay, people. Seriously. This has become a circular argument for at least four pages. It's very clear that the pro- and anti-Toggle sides aren't going to agree with one another, and there's little to no hope for a satisfying outcome that'll please all sides.

So can we please agree to disagree and stop with the snide hostility? This is one of the most contentious matters that has been brought up since SGRAs have been discussed on these forums and by the look of it there's not going to be a resolution any time soon.

So please. Let's realise the argument for the dead horse that it is and stop flogging it. Some people want a toggle, some people don't, and everyone has their reasons. That pretty much covers it.

I'm fine with a toggle system. As long as I don't have to reroll my characters after the work I put into them. >.<

Lurkz's Avatar


Lurkz
03.02.2012 , 11:51 AM | #937
Quote: Originally Posted by Suaine View Post
Hey, I know the feeling, but this isn't going anywhere. We're nearly at the end of the thread, maybe we can talk about something a little more productive?
We totally can. I vote puppies. All romance arcs should end with people adopting a puppy. Or, you know, a kitten.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Hey, just thought I'd share that it looks tremendously weird how this topic is permanent maintained in the first half of the first page with the same people arguing over an over like an echo gallery.

It gives the perception it's being manipulated to keep it on top, in your face. Might be wrong, of course. Just seems weird.
Eh, not really manipulation, just a lot of people post regularly in it so it tends to stay near the top.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Suaine's Avatar


Suaine
03.02.2012 , 11:53 AM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
We totally can. I vote puppies. All romance arcs should end with people adopting a puppy. Or, you know, a kitten.
Or a clan of teenage Trandoshans... what, you say that Qyzen wasn't a romance arc?
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

Cythereal's Avatar


Cythereal
03.02.2012 , 11:53 AM | #939
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
We totally can. I vote puppies. All romance arcs should end with people adopting a puppy. Or, you know, a kitten.
I would sell Kaliyo and Scorpio into slavery for a nexu cub non-combat pet. Or for five credits. Same difference, really. Make make it a whitefang cub for my Chiss Agent and Temple, since they're ice-worlders and keep the Phantom's air conditioning working overtime.

natashina's Avatar


natashina
03.02.2012 , 11:55 AM | #940
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Hey, just thought I'd share that it looks tremendously weird how this topic is permanent maintained in the first half of the first page with the same people arguing over an over like an echo gallery.

It gives the perception it's being manipulated to keep it on top, in your face. Might be wrong, of course. Just seems weird.
Honestly, I'm not sure why it seems this way to you. I see the same thing in the pvp threads, the flashpoint threads and so on. There are many pages and threads from other topics that are going in mass numbers. Are they in your face because they are posting about what they want constantly? If you feel they aren't in your face and we are due to the nature of our topic, it seems like a double standard to me.

This forum may seem like an "echo gallery" to you, but please remember it was your decision to come into this thread, on a subforum for Story and Lore. We aren't manipulating things to keep the page count going; we're all coming together discussion about some of our priorities in the game. Plus, I've actually read all the incarnations of this thread(about 300 pages now). It isn't unfair or unacceptable to talk about what we want and when, especially in the topic we created.

TL;DR: If you feel we are "in your face," then please leave our thread.