Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Elblai
02.22.2012 , 05:23 PM | #31
I am truly elated to hear that there has been confirmation and progress on this topic. I've been following this thread since my last posting in it (two versions ago) and have been sorely disappointed by the silence.

I am happy to hear that there is a light amid the gloom. I guess all there is now is to wait to hear if it is new companions only or previous companions as well. I'd restart my Jedi Knight in a heartbeat if she can have Kira.

This probably doesn't affect me much at all, since I'm a straight player and most of my characters are as well... But I really have to echo one of the posters before me - characters are discovered as much as they are created. Just because I only have one homosexual character doesn't mean I'm against the option entirely. I'll hardly use it. But I want it there.

Equality, yo.

BegerenColony.org - The Place to Play
Serving the greater Begeren Colony Area since the first server moves.
Enhance your PvE, PvP, RP and the community!

ProfessorCaprion
02.22.2012 , 05:26 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
I hope they don't push it off 'til an expansion. That would mean it's 6-12 months away, at the earliest. That would make me sad.

It would make Blizz sad, too. And c'mon, Bioware, you don't wanna make Blizz cry, do you?

Why do I see Blizz somehow becoming the mascot of the movement? Maybe because nobody actually wants a Blizz romance, yet everyone loves Blizz! The Companion Paradox!

Elblai
02.22.2012 , 05:39 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorCaprion View Post
Why do I see Blizz somehow becoming the mascot of the movement? Maybe because nobody actually wants a Blizz romance, yet everyone loves Blizz! The Companion Paradox!
I support Blizz for President.

... And he also makes a good mascot for this, too. Cannot argue.

BegerenColony.org - The Place to Play
Serving the greater Begeren Colony Area since the first server moves.
Enhance your PvE, PvP, RP and the community!

LyriaFrost
02.22.2012 , 05:45 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorCaprion View Post
Nobody? C'mon, I could totally see my bounty hunter sitting in her chair at the helm of the mantis, Blizz sitting in her lap.

"Blizz love boss."

Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?

MusedMoose
02.22.2012 , 06:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
I have a BH on hold who is waiting for a time when he can come out of the closet, and rock the galaxy as a real manhunter.
Henry Rollins once said, "If I was gay, there'd be no closet. You would never see the closet I came out of. Why? I would have burned it for kindling by the time I was twelve." That's pretty much how my BH feels. She's one bad bald Rattataki, has no need to hide such things about herself, and is eagerly waiting for the day when she and Mako can grow much, much closer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Good news, I think, even if we don't hear anything more this Friday. It has not been abandoned, it is currently in the works, and yes they certainly have noticed that it is something that matters to a fair number of players.
Dude, that is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing what you heard, you and mrcaptainpants (he of the very fun-to-type name) both.

The similarities between both of those e-mails suggest that BioWare now has a ready-made response to requests for SGR information. Pretty typical stuff, but the fact that BW made it instead of just giving us the same old quote over and over again shows a lot. And that is truly, truly great news.

Here's hoping we get more great news this Friday.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elblai View Post
This probably doesn't affect me much at all, since I'm a straight player and most of my characters are as well... But I really have to echo one of the posters before me - characters are discovered as much as they are created. Just because I only have one homosexual character doesn't mean I'm against the option entirely. I'll hardly use it. But I want it there.

Equality, yo.
I'd high-five you through the internet if I could. I feel pretty much the exact same way, though I tend to pursue female characters for my PCs' relationships regardless of their gender. *shrug* But, there's nothing like discovering a character along the way and having them be something very different than you thought they'd be.

As for future SGR options, the sort of characters I'd like to see, I'd like to see a smuggler-type companion who's open to both genders, for one of the Jedi classes. Someone who's constantly trying to pull one over on my Jedi would be hilarious, and it would add a great edge to the relationship if there's that element of non-trusting. Could be a lot of fun to play through. Especially if they try to pull "this is the first time I've felt this way about another man/woman" for the SGR.

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 06:59 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
As for future SGR options, the sort of characters I'd like to see, I'd like to see a smuggler-type companion who's open to both genders, for one of the Jedi classes. Someone who's constantly trying to pull one over on my Jedi would be hilarious, and it would add a great edge to the relationship if there's that element of non-trusting. Could be a lot of fun to play through. Especially if they try to pull "this is the first time I've felt this way about another man/woman" for the SGR.
Minus the bisexuality, this is pretty much Doc for the Jedi Knight. He's Han Solo with a medical degree.

Infir
02.22.2012 , 07:24 PM | #37
It's so great to hear that SGRAs are being worked on!

I do hope we'll get some info soon on how they'll be implemented. I'd like to know if my Warrior's crush on Vette will be forever unrequited. X3
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )

Kaenna
02.22.2012 , 07:33 PM | #38
I hope they have a way for us to tell some of our companions to leave after they add the new ones. Some of the posts I've read makes it seem like there are a few I'd like to shoot rather than have on my ship... Perhaps even more so depending on how they react to a SGRA with another companion.

Oh, after I saw Blizz I knew I had to have a BH just so I could have him as a companion. I haven't gotten him yet (being afraid of going to far and missing a possible SGRA) and I still love him!

GO TEAM BLIZZ!!!
"When you risk pain or death for another, there is no truer test of
your beliefs and strength."
- Brianna

Uluain
02.22.2012 , 08:17 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Henry Rollins once said, "If I was gay, there'd be no closet. You would never see the closet I came out of. Why? I would have burned it for kindling by the time I was twelve."
Rollins! _\,,/

Quote:
The similarities between both of those e-mails suggest that BioWare now has a ready-made response to requests for SGR information. Pretty typical stuff, but the fact that BW made it instead of just giving us the same old quote over and over again shows a lot. And that is truly, truly great news.
There are some bits that are the same, yes. But I take that to be "points we need to make sure are delivered consistently". The rest of the messages were individual, from CS people taking time to respond to us personally. I think they are following well enough to know that the canned message was not really helping anymore.

I do think they are trying to give us an encouraging word while we wait for something more solid.

Quote:
Here's hoping we get more great news this Friday.
Hear, hear.

LeeArac
02.22.2012 , 08:27 PM | #40
Someone totally needs to make a pink Blizz. Or a rainbow Blizz!