Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Suaine's Avatar


Suaine
03.02.2012 , 02:26 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimwulf View Post
One of the most disappointing aspects of previous BW implementations of romance arks was how 'shallow' they were. They were absolutely gender neutral, with the NPC not caring one way or another and even the way they address the player character was in gender neutral terms.

I'd rather see much more depth.
Funny, I liked that there wasn't much difference in the way they treated male or female characters, especially in DA2. You're wrong about them being completely gender neutral though. I know that both Fenris and Anders make explicit statements about the gender of each Hawke who romances them.

Who says there can't be depth without being completely gendered though? You know, we're all people - I'd much rather they focus on things I've done as the player character, choices I've made in the story, my identity as a hero of the galaxy and my class, then them making a big deal about my characters' bits.
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

Bane-Ragnos's Avatar


Bane-Ragnos
03.02.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1022
Did a consensis ever get reached on a toggle function? Atleast some people could leave it out of thier game.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
03.02.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Bane-Ragnos View Post
Did a consensis ever get reached on a toggle function? Atleast some people could leave it out of thier game.
Yes, consensus was reached. The consensus is 'people aren't going to agree'.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

emusan's Avatar


emusan
03.02.2012 , 02:31 PM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by Bane-Ragnos View Post
Did a consensis ever get reached on a toggle function? Atleast some people could leave it out of thier game.
I don't think there will ever be a consensus, those that want it will always want it and those that don't wont. It's up to bioware at this point, and given how they've treated such content in the past it is not likely to happen.

lol thread went well over 1000 posts... I wonder when it will be moved to a new one.

Innocentone's Avatar


Innocentone
03.02.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1025
They said the features are gonna be added to the game soon , the only thing I know thats still being talked about is if its gonna include current companions or just future ones. Hoping current ones are included.

MamaSok's Avatar


MamaSok
03.02.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1026
@Bane-Ragnos, I was going to direct you to a thread on the toggle options, but sadly it has been closed again, and re-directed to the Same Gender [Flirt] Prompt thread
Sok

emusan's Avatar


emusan
03.02.2012 , 02:37 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaSok View Post
@Bane-Ragnos, I was going to direct you to a thread on the toggle options, but sadly it has been closed again, and re-directed to the Same Gender [Flirt] Prompt thread
Actually it refers to here, toggle discussion is not within the topic of the [Flirt] prompt thread as I read it, however this one discusses implementation so it could be argued that it does.

The best thing to do is just refer people back to that thread and ask them to read through it and then after that if they still feel they have something constructive to add to the discussion to post it here. The arguing will never stop otherwise.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
03.02.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Actually it refers to here, toggle discussion is not within the topic of the [Flirt] prompt thread as I read it, however this one discusses implementation so it could be argued that it does.

The best thing to do is just refer people back to that thread and ask them to read through it and then after that if they still feel they have something constructive to add to the discussion to post it here. The arguing will never stop otherwise.
Technically as the toggle would apply to companion flirts AND NPC flirts it could be argued as being legitimately on topic for either thread.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

MamaSok's Avatar


MamaSok
03.02.2012 , 02:40 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Actually it refers to here, toggle discussion is not within the topic of the [Flirt] prompt thread as I read it, however this one discusses implementation so it could be argued that it does.

The best thing to do is just refer people back to that thread and ask them to read through it and then after that if they still feel they have something constructive to add to the discussion to post it here. The arguing will never stop otherwise.
Yes that thread has been closed, but there was another up not too long ago, made today I believe, that I was hoping would stay open for their discussion on the toggle. I'll try to remember to link the first thread though
Sok

emusan's Avatar


emusan
03.02.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Technically as the toggle would apply to companion flirts AND NPC flirts it could be argued as being legitimately on topic for either thread.
Yes, but that thread is not so much questioning the implementation as a request to have them put into the game(again, as I read it). This thread is far more relevant for the topic, and we should strive to not let these things spread out too far(not because we don't want others to know, but because it only causes more confusion as to what points have been argued at length and which haven't).