Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

Zackmack

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes "Deception Assassin" good in 1v1?

Does someone really need to explain this?

Well whatever here it goes anyway. You have a burst damage spec that will always get the first attack unless it is against another stealth class. In addition to this specs excellent burst damage it also a cooldown (force shroud) that makes it immune to all tech/force abilities. Notice that all CC aside from legshot (a sniper "physical" root) counts as tech/force. Thus this makes assassin/shadow almost invulnerable to counter attack since no CC will work, it is immune to tech/force damage and all previous DOTs you may have placed are removed. The spec also has relatively high mobility thanks to force speed's low cooldown.

To top it off even if the shadow/assassin is outplayed they can drop combat through the in-combat stealth cooldown. When you drop combat thanks to stealthing you gain access to Mind trap again (don't know the shadow version's name) which is an out of combat mez. After the shadow/assassin uses the mind trap they can heal up using their out of combat healing ability, effectively resetting the fight in the shadow/assassin's favor.

The only reason an assassin should lose 1v1 is if its against another assassin/shadow.

Does someone really need to explain this?

Well whatever here it goes anyway. You have a burst damage spec that will always get the first attack unless it is against another stealth class. In addition to this specs excellent burst damage it also a cooldown (force shroud) that makes it immune to all tech/force abilities. Notice that all CC aside from legshot (a sniper "physical" root) counts as tech/force. Thus this makes assassin/shadow almost invulnerable to counter attack since no CC will work, it is immune to tech/force damage and all previous DOTs you may have placed are removed. The spec also has relatively high mobility thanks to force speed's low cooldown.

To top it off even if the shadow/assassin is outplayed they can drop combat through the in-combat stealth cooldown. When you drop combat thanks to stealthing you gain access to Mind trap again (don't know the shadow version's name) which is an out of combat mez. After the shadow/assassin uses the mind trap they can heal up using their out of combat healing ability, effectively resetting the fight in the shadow/assassin's favor.

The only reason an assassin should lose 1v1 is if its against another assassin/shadow.

I know the assassins are (very!) good, but you are exaggerating your point by a mile.

For one force shroud is a 3 seconds immunity ever 60 seconds, you can't pop that stuff every 5 seconds.

As for the stealth during combat, my annihilation marauder can make sure you can't use that at all (unless you decide to use shroud before to be able to stealth out, then I know I will win the fight).

The fact as, as much deception assassins are good, they don't fare that well against dot specs (I am not saying they are completely horrible in these situations).

edit: Beside, burst is irrelevant in 1v1.

Edited by znihilist

I know the assassins are (very!) good, but you are exaggerating your point by a mile.

For one force shroud is a 3 seconds immunity ever 60 seconds, you can't pop that stuff every 5 seconds.

As for the stealth during combat, my annihilation marauder can make sure you can't use that at all (unless you decide to use shroud before to be able to stealth out, then I know I will win the fight).

The fact as, as much deception assassins are good, they don't fare that well against dot specs (I am not saying they are completely horrible in these situations).

edit: Beside, burst is irrelevant in 1v1.

The question is, you really just need 3sec because it's time enough to stun AGAIN your target.

A good watchman can give a good shadow a run for his money. No stealth and sap ****, pure PVP :D. For those who don't know, you can dot the shadow during resilience because watchman dots are applied with WHITE DAMAGE. When resilience wears off, the dots start ticking ... Edited by Leafy_Bug

A good watchman can give a good shadow a run for his money. No stealth and sap ****, pure PVP :D. For those who don't know, you can dot the shadow during resilience because watchman dots are applied with WHITE DAMAGE. When resilience wears off, the dots start ticking ...

any one that starts a 1 vs 1 duel with mind sap deserves to get his lightstick activated in his butt.

He is talking about combat stealth > sap > out of combat heal.

any one actually does that? I mean, I never consider 1 vs 1 that can take ages, always have in mind WZ 1 vs 1 kill asap>cap before help arrives.

resolve from spike, stun and low slash will be white, leaving spike out of it, sapping would be filling resolve for free, even if we consider 6 seconds for self heal (more like 4 sec , stealth>sap>unstealth>self heal>stealth)

would be good for undying rage, but in that scenario would leave shroud to cleanse dots right before vanish.

Based on all the Operative healing QQ, how come nobody states here that an Operative Healer is the best 1v1. They can keep themselves alive indefinitenly, spam Corrosive Dart, Explosive Probe and shiv in between to wither them down. When the excrements hit the fan, he can stealth out, SAP and OOC heal up themselves...

It would take forever, but they would win any 1v1 :-)

Based on all the Operative healing QQ, how come nobody states here that an Operative Healer is the best 1v1.

This is actually a reasonable point - although Operatives aren't strictly melee. I'm not a good player, certainly not in 1 vs. 1 but I've noticed recently that it's very hard for other players to kill my Sawbones 1 vs 1 - no matter how good they are. If you're not well geared then they can do enough damage to you while you're stunned but no one has the burst to do that if you have 30k HP and have 2 slow release medpacs ticking (plus Kolto Cloud in most cases). So you have to make a mistake (or more likely two or three mistakes) to get killed, even if fighting someone who hits damn hard.

Having said that, there's no way I could kill a decent Sorc Healer (or Merc for that matter). We would both just die of old age before either one fell in combat.

Edited by DharmaPolice

Completely agree. I am currently defensive guardian, although, I think the majority of Sins running around in regs are baddies.I normally can 80-90% of the time fend off nodes against random Sins. Last night I was 1v1 crushing this guy in Novare Coast over and over.

In the contrary, I would offer Jugg tank/veng hybrid, but it died with 2.0.

I rarely ever lost 1 vs 1 while defending a turret. each 9 sec sonic barrier, accuracy reductions, def chance was high, people would just miss their attacks. Now full def can hold turret for a ridiculus amount of time ofcourse not killing any one any time soon (if they would be forced not to run but to keep fighting, I guess it could kill eventually), but that's not their role.... some people think accuracy is a waste...

if they would add maras root to revage, vengence jugg would be a monster... literally.

How can a "Deception Assassin/Infiltration Shadow"

beat a healer 1v1?

- Several ways to interrupt. Mind Snap on a short CD and longer range than normal melee, Leg Slash, Stun, Force Wave, Vanish > Spinning Kick.

- Burst from out of stealth.

- 6 sec CD on my slow. Sorry Operatives you're not going anywhere.

- Speed to combat kiting.

- High Force regen coming out of stealth and from Blackout.

Here are some videos of the last serverwide 1v1 Tournament on the Bastion. These videos are from January of this year but the strategies are still the same.

The Final Fight Best of 7 - Justboddies (Operative) vs Wakkalord (Assassin)

- http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1832776

Here is some other footage from the tournament:

Justboddies (Operative) vs Kakarrot (Sentinel) - http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1832770

Justboddies (Operative) vs Darkscythe (Assassin) - http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1818878

Edited by DimeStax