A suggestion for social/CE armor

Krawzer

This is something that's been bugging me and when I brought it up in general chat people were up in arms against me about it.

I think that the armor from social ranks and the CE vendor should scale with the best armor type of your class. For example, a Juggernaut wearing it should make it count as heavy armor and give the appropriate armor that a piece of heavy armor would get from rating. For a Sorcerer it should count as light armor, because that is the best they can wear.

As of right now they all count as light armor no matter the class and give the armor bonuses based on rating that a piece of light armor would give.

Does anyone else agree? I don't see what is wrong with my suggestion, but according to a lot of people on my server I'm an idiot who doesn't understand how it works.

as i've stated in the other threads we discussed this in... while your idea would be nice and I do not see anything wrong with it, it is not a big deal... I've been tanking in light social armor and it has amounted to a 3 percent damage reduction difference and hasn't stopped me from soloing content a few lvls over me or participating and doing well in operations, flashpoints and PVP...

as i've stated in the other threads we discussed this in... while your idea would be nice and I do not see anything wrong with it, it is not a big deal... I've been tanking in light social armor and it has amounted to a 3 percent damage reduction difference and hasn't stopped me from soloing content a few lvls over me or participating and doing well in operations, flashpoints and PVP...

So at level 50 its only 3%? If so then that's a relief. I love my Imperial Trooper armor but I always have this feeling in the back of my head that the ~800 armor I'm missing out on is why I take so much damage without a tank companion.

At lvl 38 the same mods in orange gear then taken to ce gear lose 100 armor.

So at level 50 its only 3%? If so then that's a relief. I love my Imperial Trooper armor but I always have this feeling in the back of my head that the ~800 armor I'm missing out on is why I take so much damage without a tank companion.

here you can see my stats in the light chest and pants on a lvl 47 JK

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/LiquidAcid23/Screenshot_2011-12-24_19_01_32_594714.jpg

when I switched those mods out to heavy orange pieces my armor went to 5k and damage reduction to 40 percent... so around a 3 percent difference

keep in mind that is in "tanking stance" too so it has the +60 percent armor already added to both that pic and the 5k in heavy

the thing about tanks is that you rely more on your bubbles/shields than just damage reduction so the few percent loss matters even less since it doesn't affect either of those

I've managed to solo all content a lvl or 2 over me with a DPS companion, and play and win easily in flashpoints and raids in light social armor as Guardian

you can do things to make this less to.. for instance use light chest and pants but use a heavy belt, boots, bracers, helmet and/or gloves... mod those out and it cuts back the armor you lose even more, they are barely noticeable or can be hidden

also just an FYI there is a bug with social armor... when you change out mods you have to un-equip the armor and re-equip it for the new stats to be added to you sometimes

Edited by Liquidacid

Still it seems like a small tweak that should be addressed as soon as they can. It puts me at ease if its only a few small percentages though. At least I will probably be forced to wear PvP gear in 3 levels anyways, so whenever I make an alt it will probably be addressed by then.