Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive FPS Fluctuations

BlankDEP
01.21.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
I've noticed that I can run the SWTOR averaging 35 FPS in almost any situation. The problem that I have is, every 5-10 minutes usually, my FPS will drop into the single digits for maybe 30-40 seconds, and then jump back up to 35ish.

The best way I can think of to describe it is that the graphics get "bogged down" after 5-10 minutes and have to "catch up" with themselves or reset almost.

I'm sure that it is my system specs, I had what seemed to be a similar problem in Rift.

My setup is:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (I did change the settings to disable transparency and such when the game is launched)
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66 GHz (2 CPUs)
4 Gig of RAM
ATI Mobility FireGL V5700 Graphics card (according to dxdiag it says 2025 MB total memory but I don't think that's right)

I run the game at low settings with bloom everything unchecked except vertical sync and shadows turned off and anti-aliasing turned off.

I used the mobility modder for my graphics card driver so that I could get the Catalyst Control Center and turn other settings off of down manually, and to turn on the OpenGL Triple buffering which says that it increases gaming graphics on low end machines when v-sync is on.

Has anyone had a similar problem or no any solutions so that might be able to give me more stable FPS, even if it lowers the average from around 35 to 30 or whatever?