Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inappropriate Guild Names!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shadianna
01.21.2012 , 02:38 PM | #1
A few weeks ago a officer of our guild saw a few members running around with the guild name "You're all *******!"

So he did the responsible thing, he reported it....the following is what he posted in our guild forums:

A few weeks ago I submitted a ticket about the guild called "You're all *******." ( F_A_G_G_O_T_S)

I got a response today.

They have deemed that the guild name is not of a "Negative connotation" and would not be subject to action.

Personally, I dont live an alternative lifestyle....but I would definately like to hear from the person(s) that made that decision. I mean they have the word blocked off in their forums.....but not in game?!?!?! What the "F" PEOPLE?!!?!?

I'm I overreacting or did someone totally blow this one?

Chaineddestiny
01.21.2012 , 02:41 PM | #2
keep in mind that some of the CS learned english as a second language, and may not recognize this term as something offensive. I would try submitting another ticket, and explain what the term means and why you find it offensive.

Speire
01.21.2012 , 02:44 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Shadianna,

This should not have happened, it was an error on our part. Please submit a ticket again, explaining what happened with the previous ticket and the server that the guild is located on so that we can assess the situation properly.

We thank you for your patience with this issue.

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Shadianna
01.21.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaineddestiny View Post
keep in mind that some of the CS learned english as a second language, and may not recognize this term as something offensive. I would try submitting another ticket, and explain what the term means and why you find it offensive.
Thats a great point....but yet another failure of the "CS team". I submitted the report in english, have someone who understands english read it....its not rocket surgery

Shadianna
01.21.2012 , 02:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by B3-P6 View Post
Hello Shadianna,

This should not have happened, it was an error on our part. Please submit a ticket again, explaining what happened with the previous ticket and the server that the guild is located on so that we can assess the situation properly.

We thank you for your patience with this issue.
Will do....thank you