A message to the PUG community.

UGLYMRJ

UGLYMRJ you even link your guild site hoping to get my name and harrass me,wow man,and your how old again?

Edit: i have made what two three comments in replys to you and you consider that following you around all week? c'mon.

Old enough to not take this seriously.... but young enough to have some fun with it. ;)

And 2-3 comments? It's been far more than that and just like in this thread you turn into a "UGLY sucks and rolls pre-made smash teams". LOL GG.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah.... The only people who hate that is people who are rolling pugs. And lets be honest, with the right group makeup and absent a similar makeup on the opponent side its very easy to roll pugs.

The people that hate it are the people who don't want to have to be subject to some clunky long non-functioning queue that tries to assemble groups of 4, 3, or 2 players to come up with a total of 16, all so people who claim they only have 7 minutes a day to PvP (and thus can't make friends, get better, or get geared), can still feel like "winners" in that 7 minutes, by avoiding groups of 4, 3, or 2 players.

Old enough to not take this seriously.... but young enough to have some fun with it. ;)

And 2-3 comments? LOL GG.

Wait you said i downplayed when in fact i was having fun too,and yes this cat was here was in junior high in the 80's,that would mean i was born before man landed on the moon and at my age i dont get hurt by posts on forums or a game in PvP lol,not gonna happen,you have been trolled UGly lol,but i have had enougth fun being bored here and have some RL things to take care of,UGLYMRJ you take care now you here.

Edit: Show me where i said you sucked? i have never said anyone sucks on this forum,ever.

Edited by Sathid

Wait you said i downplayed when in fact i was having fun too,and yes this cat was here was in junior high in the 80's,that would mean i was born before man landed on the moon and at my age i dont get hurt by posts on forums or a game in PvP lol,not gonna happen,you have been trolled UGly lol,but i have enougth fun being bored here and have some RL things to take care,UGLYMRJ you take care now you here.

So you're at least in your 40's, and you're still trolling... and on top of that trolling someone you believe to be a teenager.

Trolled by life. Enjoy those important RL things you have to take care of.

So you're at least in your 40's, and you're still trolling... and on top of that trolling someone you believe to be a teenager.

Trolled by life. Enjoy those important RL things you have to take care of.

Well unless you live in the third world i highly doubt your a teen,last i have heard a marriage license requires atleast 17 to 18 years of age in most states,but whatever i gotta go.

Hey look it's one of them "Hey im not mvp" guys,say you guys still playing your two teams in rated many nights a week? sounds rather boring and lame,you guys hitting the burnout stage yet? or doubling up on Redbull and Moutaindew and geek music.

Another one of your gems... but at least you didn't use the word suck. Just found other cute ways to insult people.

Lol but it IS a video game,really get over yourself i have went against your smash premades many times,your not all that.

Oh wow short honeymoon there,what did you go to DQ for a Frosty?

News flash: Man in his 40's trolling Star Wars forums has important things to get to in real life...

Tune into the Ironic news channel for more at 11.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Sadly there's part of me that expects them to create a match making system on valor or expertise or some other broken way of doing it...

It's frustrating seeing the potential of a game that I really think could have been the next big MMO, slowly get demolished by the devs.

I can't describe how annoying it is that I expect them to do something stupid...

I partially agree with your OP, but I agree 100% with this. After a pause from pvp to raise alts i decided to come back pvping ( and i mostly pug even though i do have the opportunity to go into premades). What i notice now is that the problem is not really pre vs pug although there is still an element of it. The issue is more experienced players vs new comers.

For example just a few minutes ago I got into a novare were there was a premade from a pvp guild and on our side full pug. We got trashed ,then after that on voidstar I go against the same premade again teamed in a full pug group, we pretty much facerolled them until the last doors where they managed to hold their ground, but we still managed to plant with 50s to go. They didnt get past the second door. The difference between the pugs was just that on 1st match we had fresh players still with on 60 , and note that some were already full war hero, while on the second we all ranged from mid 70s and 90s.

The reason people qq so much against premades is that usually experienced pvpers are in pvp guilds that run premades so it happens that those premades have the advantage of being more organized and also have more experience.

In my opinion what needs to be done is to make a 2x4man semi ranked queue. Where premades would be me matched with each other and the matchmaking algorithm could use the ranking to make sure there arent 2 strong premades against 2 weak ones. Then make another solo normal queue , where there would be only pugs and no premades and match those players based on a separate normal rank, or at least on their legacy wide valor .

This only applies to those who complain about pre-mades ruining war zones for them. You fail to look at it from any other perspective other than your own.

Hi UGLYMRJ, I think that you failed to heed your own advise. Now, don't get me wrong - I think you are 100% correct for any pugs on your server (The Bastion, Jung Ma or POF) crying about imbalance and premades. I mean who joins an MMO to be anti social right, or join a PVP server and then whine about pvp.

However, I think that at least some of post and complains are coming from the land of Care-a-lot, people who joined servers to play with individuals that prefer pve- and whom are just trying to get a taste for pvp or are grinding for War Hero relics (better than the pve ones). In these pve servers you have a hand full of "pvp guilds" that like to feed on carebears and boast about their God like pvp skills. Read some of the reply's to your post and see what server many of these pvp experts come from.

Look at it this way- Imagine a guy comes up to you and says "I'm the best Shaolin Monk in my monastary" and you say "Yeah, was that in China?" He says "no, the catholic convent down the street, those nuns can't avoid my Whapa! Karate chops." I mean you can't help but feel sorry for the nuns, even if they do workout to Taibo.

I pvp about 40% of the time in swtor (I have two lvl 50's, the conqueror title and am working on my warlord title, also lvl'ng two alts through pvp), most of my friends in the guild I belong to only do pve, at most we have formed a group of 4 for warzones (we are by no means a pvp guild).

Anyhow, have a safe and fun filled honeymoon

This only applies to those who complain about pre-mades ruining war zones for them. You fail to look at it from any other perspective other than your own. Here's the breakdown of the double edged sword.... Let's look at who gets shafted more, yet complain less.

Scenario #1: Pre-mades ruin war zones for PUG's on the opposite team by better communication, coordination and often skill. PUG's get wrecked and aren't happy, immediately log onto forums and click "new thread".

Scenario #2: PUG's are so poorly organized that they literally lose the game for the 4 man pre-made. Pre-made loses what should have been an easy win.

Scenario #3: 4 man pre-made and PUG on same team.... pre-made carries PUG team to victory. (They don't mention this in the list of complaints)

as if more than 1% of the gaming community bothers to read this crap

Scenario #4: PUG's carry pre-made to victory.... just kidding... that almost never happens...

-The other tidbit of information that often gets left out is that there are pre-mades in nearly every war zone, on both sides. The only difference is most of them are bad and it goes unnoticed. They don't mention that either.

-The PUG's who go idle in war zones to farm coms... don't get mentioned either in these lists of complaints.

-The PUG's who shoot down from the edge of their end zone at the warriors in the pit on huttball... also don't get mentioned.

-The PUG's that go on Rambo missions and do nothing but hurt the team... well... they don't get mentioned either.

-The PUG's that put up 50K in stats during a 15 minute voidstar.... no one mentions him in those threads.... but that's probably because HE IS the guy starting the damn thread.

So before you complain... think about who's really getting the worst of this situation.

My point in this is... the pre-mades (good ones) get screwed more often than you PUG's and WE'RE the ones doing the heavy lifting. It's amazing that so many of you can sit here and complain about pre-mades wrecking your face when 2 games later that same pre-made is getting you an easy win.

Want to solve the problem? Use the tools available... form a guild, form a pre-made and get better.

Disclaimer: I know there are good PUG's out there that understand the game and this post does not apply to you. However, you are the minority. The majority of guilds are awful and the PUG's are even worse on average.

In the end... I only hope that one PUG gets this to sink in and the next time they want to complain about pre-mades, they stop, and think... and realize that it's the ones who are putting forth the extra effort by learning to play the game properly, forming groups and organizing tactics and strategies that are far more affected by PUG's vs pre-mades than you PUG's who hop on twice a week for an hour before bed and spam force lightning while face tanking a marauder.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by UGLYMRJ.

The more you know... (Insert rainbow here)

you write this as if more than 1% of the community even bothers to read this drivel

i made an algorithm. let me try to find a way to make it viewable

ok, so i had to go out for a bit and got slightly distracted. worked out most of the bugs i think, here it is:

new rating = initial rating + (SQRT(12/# of games)+5) * ( -.001*abs_val(median opponent rating-initial player rating)+1) * {LOG[(dps*w1) + (dpk*w2) + (prot/life*w3) + (PPL*w4) + (DtPL*w5) + (hps*w6) + (hpl*w7) + (objm/w8) ] / 75)-9.33) }

needs to include an if/then check for all the stat calculations inside the LOG to be >9.33. if its =<9.33 it breaks everything, so i that is the case i set the value of that calculation to 9.34.

im gonna make a thread that details it, but ive tweaked it significantly so that players with high rating get minimal rating gain v low ranked players, vice versa, and that your rating increases at a slower rate the more wzs you play.

oh,and all the w1, w2, etc are weights. you could get real crazy and make another dynamic algorithm that assigns weight values based on how many skill points spent in certain trees. ie a tankassin with a 27/1/13 build would have different weights for its tanking stats that a straight 31pt dps tree or 31pt tank tree.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Yep alienate the pug player btw it is far lager than than the premade one til they get sick of it and either stop pvping or quit STWOR altogether, in which will drive queue times to 40 to 60 mins thus making it suck for even the premades. Yep by all means BW listen to the pure genius of the OPs post because its only money, right?

Look at it this way- Imagine a guy comes up to you and says "I'm the best Shaolin Monk in my monastary" and you say "Yeah, was that in China?" He says "no, the catholic convent down the street, those nuns can't avoid my Whapa! Karate chops." I mean you can't help but feel sorry for the nuns, even if they do workout to Taibo.

Anyhow, have a safe and fun filled honeymoon

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Epic...

And thanks man!

Thanks for finally expressing how I (and many others) feel about PUGs and those whiners who say that "premades are ruining PVP!"

If I had done this myself, I probably would have gotten myself banned.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

I just fininshed playing 4 WZ matches as a pug. Each time I went up against an opposing team that had a 4 man premade, and was accompanied by a full contingancy of solo queued players. I was on the loosig end on all four matches. Of the four matches, 2 were close, and 2 were a blowouts. Please understand that I do not want to ever stop people from group queueing, but I am in favor of separate queues for groups and solo players.

This only applies to those who complain about pre-mades ruining war zones for them. You fail to look at it from any other perspective other than your own. Here's the breakdown of the double edged sword.... Let's look at who gets shafted more, yet complain less.

Scenario #1: Pre-mades ruin war zones for PUG's on the opposite team by better communication, coordination and often skill. PUG's get wrecked and aren't happy, immediately log onto forums and click "new thread".

You are right. because pre-made teams usually have a better balanced team of skilled, geared, and expenienced players, they usually win, and this leads to more complaints from solo players. In addion, pre-made teams usually have one or two good healers, and because of that they are difficult to defeat, while most all solo teams have no healer's, or have an impropper ballance on healing to dps, and as a result are much easier to defeat.

Scenario #2: PUG's are so poorly organized that they literally lose the game for the 4 man pre-made. Pre-made loses what should have been an easy win.

In my experinece, when this happens it is usually because the pre-made group on the opposing team in better than the one on the losing team.

Scenario #3: 4 man pre-made and PUG on same team.... pre-made carries PUG team to victory. (They don't mention this in the list of complaints)

Why feed the trolls? Come on now, a significant number of solo queuer's want their own queue that will allow them avoid having to play with groups. Also, they have many more memories of being pug stomped, and it is only natural for those memories to dominate their thinking, and their forum posts.

Scenario #4: PUG's carry pre-made to victory.... just kidding... that almost never happens...

Your right, it rarely happens, but it dose happen. There is one guild that regularly group queues on my server that makes me cringe when I see them on my side in a WZ. Nut other than that on guild, most groups do help the team more than they hurt it.

-The other tidbit of information that often gets left out is that there are pre-mades in nearly every war zone, on both sides. The only difference is most of them are bad and it goes unnoticed. They don't mention that either.

OK, if 4 of the 16 player's are in a group, then they would still only comprize 25% of the player pool. The problem still remains that one of the teams has a distinct advantage, and the other a disadvantage because the team with the group probably has a better balanced team that is better geared and is more experienced. Now if the queues were separated, then the teams on both sides would be comprised of either groups or solo players, and the resulting matches should provide more players with a fun and challanging experience. My guess is that the only player's that would not have more fun are those that really like to pug stomp After all, having to face a team that would offer them a challange would not allow those players to have their sadistic brand of fun.

-The PUG's who go idle in war zones to farm coms... don't get mentioned either in these lists of complaints.

I know, I hate that too. I think that separating the queues might allow players who do that to regain their ability to hope that they have a chance of winning, and the result would be increased participation on their part.

-The PUG's who shoot down from the edge of their end zone at the warriors in the pit on huttball... also don't get mentioned.

-The PUG's that go on Rambo missions and do nothing but hurt the team... well... they don't get mentioned either.

-The PUG's that put up 50K in stats during a 15 minute voidstar.... no one mentions him in those threads.... but that's probably because HE IS the guy starting the damn thread.

So before you complain... think about who's really getting the worst of this situation.

My point in this is... the pre-mades (good ones) get screwed more often than you PUG's and WE'RE the ones doing the heavy lifting. It's amazing that so many of you can sit here and complain about pre-mades wrecking your face when 2 games later that same pre-made is getting you an easy win.

So why not join those of us that want separate queues? Then you would not have to put up with so many bad players unless you chose to. The only reasons that I can think of are: 1) you believe that groups make up a minority of the pvp comunity, and would therefor have to wait longer for WZ queuess to pop, 2) you like winning, and are afraid that if you played against other groups that you would not win as often, 3) you like pug stomping too much, and you just don't want to give it up, 4) you like complaining about having to put up with solo players.

Want to solve the problem? Use the tools available... form a guild, form a pre-made and get better.

Likewise, if all player's were to solo queue the problem would likely be solved, however, I for one would never ask for that. Please feel free to continue to group queue, and let me continue to solo que, but let us both do it in separate queues.

Disclaimer: I know there are good PUG's out there that understand the game and this post does not apply to you. However, you are the minority. The majority of guilds are awful and the PUG's are even worse on average.

By the way, my four losses to day were on my guardian with 18k hp. I have 6 augmented WH peices and 8 peices of recruit gear, and I still topped the DPS and comm chart on all four matches that I was involved in.

In the end... I only hope that one PUG gets this to sink in and the next time they want to complain about pre-mades, they stop, and think... and realize that it's the ones who are putting forth the extra effort by learning to play the game properly, forming groups and organizing tactics and strategies that are far more affected by PUG's vs pre-mades than you PUG's who hop on twice a week for an hour before bed and spam force lightning while face tanking a marauder.

I listened, but listening and agreeing are two different things now aren't they. I do not question the effort that you put into the game, and would ask that you not question mine, and If some of us only want to hop on twice a week, then let us do so without the repremand. We will all play according to our own play style, and your sugestions on how to play would have ment a lot more if they were given in the context of offering help rather than dispensing criticism. Also, believe it or not, some players are relatively new to the game, and are still in the process of learing how to play, so constatny saying l2p helps no one.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by UGLYMRJ.

The more you know... (Insert rainbow here)

p.s. The fued between you and that other guy is a bit silly. Why not just let it be? So forget about him, and know that calling him our, and threatening to make is life miserable kind of makes you look like a jerk.

I get the OP's gripes and I empathize.

Maybe the devs should just make Arenas on each server, and make a coop zone somewhere (neutral, can't attack each other outside of duels, both factions can meet and talk) click a terminal, pick a map and do 8 v 8s or whatever, maybe larger. Hardcores can get ladders and rankings going, PuiGs can putz around in Warzones.

Is there a reason the top teams haven't met on the Training Room server (whatever it's called) to have sustained challenges?

I

Is there a reason the top teams haven't met on the Training Room server (whatever it's called) to have sustained challenges?

People havent been able to copy their characters to the PTS (public test server). I had mine copied but wasnt notified so it took months and a semi interesting update before I visited PTS and discovered it. Character copies will however be available once the PTS comes online again, the feature is already implemented.

Premades are the problem not the fact that i have lost count of alderan games where my team of pugs hasn't been competent to read chat and lost us the game by either just not responding to in comings or going mid when we have grass and snow on a respawn.

Also i run with 1-2 friends i don't want to have to choose, if a divide came into play you could end up with games of 4x2 man premades against 2 4 man premades and honestly is that a lot different? With the low population cap as well it is not feasible to split the pvp community up.

its just the equity. you and your guild get to gear up fast feasting on 13k health pugs; the rest of us have to painfully grind out each medal and com against your guild's 27k health full elite war hero lvl 100 valor uber pvp'ers. all because you're too busy trying to stroke your epeens by beating up new 50's in unrated instead of having fair fights in rateds.

then you come on forums and brag that you had the free time to get to 100 valor and people who aren't as lame as to have a spare 6 months solid /played like you shouldn't be upset and they're fail for not wanting you to sit in unrated and farm them like a wuss