What lightsaber style would a Sorc. most likely use?

Darth_Solrac

It was in answer to the second half of his question, according to the actual game, the Sorcerer at least, has no lightsaber form at all.

I know, its something that I find horribly done. BioWare really dropped the ball on that part.

I know, its something that I find horribly done. BioWare really dropped the ball on that part.

Well, I suppose it kind of makes sense considering that you are a slave given no chance to train at all and rely solely on the force, and let's be honest, Kallig is bad ***.

He probably used Niman in fighting Windu, either that or Soresu.

Thanks man. I know BW F'd that up. Tis why I asked what style yall he think he used when fighting Windu for example. At least what he mainly looked like he was using.

Input still appreciated.

Well, I suppose it kind of makes sense considering that you are a slave given no chance to train at all and rely solely on the force, and let's be honest, Kallig is bad ***.

Yea I'll agree with that. The Assassin doesn't even use a Lightsaber form, now that I think about it. What's the excuse for the Consular, though?

Yea I'll agree with that. The Assassin doesn't even use a Lightsaber form, now that I think about it. What's the excuse for the Consular, though?

Oversight really, I imagine when they get their inevitable canon personalities/abilities then they will just assign a form or two to them, in-game I imagine there would be balance difficulties.

Oversight really, I imagine when they get their inevitable canon personalities/abilities then they will just assign a form or two to them, in-game I imagine there would be balance difficulties.

Yea, but BioWare only really used five or so Lightsaber forms, didn't they? I know there's Juyo, Soresu, Shii-Cho, Shien and one other. There's a few that they didn't use.

Game mechanics are non-canon. All Jedi learn Shii-cho, though not nescisarily to mastery. Kit Fisto was a Consular and uses Shii-cho, Yoda used Ataru.

Edited by valin-krai

Game mechanics are non-canon. All Jedi learn Shii-cho, though not nescisarily to mastery. Kit Fisto was a Consular and uses Shii-cho, Yoda used Ataru.

I know game mechanics are non-canon. I'm just wondering why BioWare couldn't assign the Consular/Inquisitor a lightsaber form.

I know game mechanics are non-canon. I'm just wondering why BioWare couldn't assign the Consular/Inquisitor a lightsaber form.

Because there wasn't much use of the Saber? Choose your own style or analyze the degault saber stance and animations if you want to guess.

I think Niman is popular among sorcerer/consular types because Niman practitioners supplement combat moves with force powers more often than other styles. For example a common Niman technique is to use force pull to pull your opponent into the path of your lightsaber. Otherwise Makashi for Sith (since its designed for killing other lightsaber users, i.e. Jedi) and Ataru for Jedi (since it also uses force powers in conjunction with combat extensively).

The Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow is a contrivance of this game. Within the context of the Star Wars universe itself there are really just Jedi/Sith who focus more on combat rather than force powers and Jedi/Sith who focus more on force powers rather than combat, and than many more who fall somewhere in between.

Shadows/Assassins use their sabers a lot.

I will vouch for that. My Assassin is a killin' machine. Looks like he uses the same form as Maul, whichever one that is. But yeah, instead of Forms, Assassins get Saber Charges. Lightning, Dark, and Surging (Deception spec)

I will vouch for that. My Assassin is a killin' machine. Looks like he uses the same form as Maul, whichever one that is. But yeah, instead of Forms, Assassins get Saber Charges. Lightning, Dark, and Surging (Deception spec)

Maul used Juyo.

Also I thought the Saber Charges were interesting... but I never seen it used before in the EU.