Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will our past decisions not matter in KoTFE ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will our past decisions not matter in KoTFE ??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gunnerjoe
09.03.2015 , 11:06 AM | #1
So I just read about how they will gradually release class story overviews for players who have not played the class, and I have one question... When KoTFE releases will our decisions we made in our class stories matter at all in the new story? I've purposely leveled up a dark side Jedi and a light side Jedi to see the differences in Fallen Empire. Same can be said about my light side Sith Warrior and dark side Sith warrior. It would be a terrible shame if everything I have done in the past be reduced to "You are a Jedi Knight so you are assumed to be a good guy and make decisions XYZ."

Qouivandes
09.03.2015 , 11:22 AM | #2
well, to parrot the eventual responses...we really do not know, at this time, how our previous lives will affect our new lives going forward. I will surmise, though, that you will most likely play your characters as you have played them and I would hope that initial considerations are made to your alignment at the start of the next story line.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Thoronmir
09.03.2015 , 11:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
well, to parrot the eventual responses...we really do not know, at this time, how our previous lives will affect our new lives going forward. I will surmise, though, that you will most likely play your characters as you have played them and I would hope that initial considerations are made to your alignment at the start of the next story line.
Agreed. I'm not going to try to "engineer" my way through KOTFE by making choices I wouldn't otherwise make. Though I'm curious as to the depth of evaluation they will make as to our past choices. Will my decision to ask Becky Pepper to Prom back in 1980 affect my Jedi Sage in KOFTE? We'll find out.

JWagner
09.03.2015 , 12:28 PM | #4
My understanding is yes, but since 95% of these choices involve the companions, alot of them likely won't come out until you meet people from your past. If you meet them from your past.

EricMusco
09.03.2015 , 12:58 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoronmir View Post
Agreed. I'm not going to try to "engineer" my way through KOTFE by making choices I wouldn't otherwise make. Though I'm curious as to the depth of evaluation they will make as to our past choices. Will my decision to ask Becky Pepper to Prom back in 1980 affect my Jedi Sage in KOFTE? We'll find out.
Becky Pepper never forgets

To answer the question, the choices you have made in your Class Story will have impact as you journey through Knights of the Fallen Empire.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DirtyDiggler
09.03.2015 , 01:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

To answer the question, the choices you have made in your Class Story will have impact as you journey through Knights of the Fallen Empire.

-eric
So does this mean we should do all the side quests ect on our toons to avoid missing out on stuff?
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

TheSeventhJedi
09.03.2015 , 01:01 PM | #7

-eric
Is there any chance you could give us one teeny tiny non-spoilery example of how the story might differ say between my LS Guardian and my neutral Scoundrel?
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Jinre_the_Jedi
09.03.2015 , 01:11 PM | #8
Eric since you're here, can you respond about if you guys have a fix ready for people leaving the Solo Ranked queue pop without losing any ELO ?

EricMusco
09.03.2015 , 01:14 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
Is there any chance you could give us one teeny tiny non-spoilery example of how the story might differ say between my LS Guardian and my neutral Scoundrel?
I think the best example I can give, without spoiling, while still being general is something we talked about on the stream. We won't be forgetting things like the relationships you have built with your Companions.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ForiDani
09.03.2015 , 01:19 PM | #10
I think the best example I can give, without spoiling, while still being general is something we talked about on the stream. We won't be forgetting things like the relationships you have built with your Companions.

-eric
So theoretically if I play a light side SW I might run into a side character that I may have spared?