Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KnightTyler's Tank Suggestions Thread (and Miscellaneous)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
KnightTyler's Tank Suggestions Thread (and Miscellaneous)

KnightTyler
02.03.2015 , 11:52 PM | #1
I have been working on most of these suggestions (some suggestions I have seen from others and I just expanded on their suggestion so credit goes to them for that) for well over a year and most of the suggestions are before we all found out about the discipline system so I left many, many things out that wouldn't quite work anymore since we don't have "points" to spend. I constantly read and gather player feedback both in-game and on the forums and I tried to look at the problems people were having as a whole, and see if there was a way to implement a solution to those problems that wouldn't cause an adverse effect somewhere else. Anyways, I didn't want everything I came up with to just go to waste so I figured I would post it here to help with future suggestions and see what others thought about it. I also want to give a shout out to a few other threads that I recommend for people to keep tabs on: Onslaught PvE Arena, Field Commander, Capture and Command, New Warzone's, A Thousand Papercuts, and Magnusheart's Compendium.

Note: Commentary always belongs to the bullet above it. Commentary also usually speaks from just the Republic side, but sometimes I will mention Empire counterpart to explain the idea better. Times of cooldowns, rate limits, etc... are all just examples that will need to be tested and changed before being implemented. Suggestions are not intended for "right now" fixes, simply long term thinking into future updates.

Edit: Work in-progress. I encourage others to post feedback and suggestions, keep it constructive. Updated 4/6/15. It took a good bit of work but I was able to resurrect this from my Onedrive after it was wiped with the rest of the threads in the roles section. Re-posted cause I didn't want all these suggestions to go to waste.

Guardian/Juggernaut
Spoiler

Shadow/Assassin
Spoiler

Vanguard/Powertech
Spoiler

KnightTyler
02.03.2015 , 11:52 PM | #2
Sentinel/Marauder
Spoiler

Gunslinger/Sniper
Spoiler

KnightTyler
02.03.2015 , 11:53 PM | #3
Sage/Sorcerer
Spoiler
Commando/Mercenary
Spoiler
Scoundrel/Operative
Spoiler

KnightTyler
02.03.2015 , 11:53 PM | #4
Matrix Cube
Spoiler

Miscellaneous
Spoiler

KnightTyler
02.03.2015 , 11:54 PM | #5
Reserved for future expansion

OMGITSJAD
02.04.2015 , 12:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightTyler View Post
  • Vantage Point/Sniper's Nest - passive talent given to Gunslingers and Snipers at 59 that causes Dodge/Evasion to immediately reset the cooldown of Hightail it/Covered Escape and causes Hightail it/Covered Escape to grant stealth for 3 seconds. Dealing direct damage breaks stealth. Stealth does not exit combat.

Commentary: The main problem Ive noticed people complaining about is Gunslinger's getting focused in Arena's. This suggestion allows the Gunslinger to disengage for 3 seconds so that they can get the upper hand (scoundrel pun lol) again. I feel like the Gunslinger is already pretty powerful and they have a number of ways to keep people off of them so I didn't really see the need for another defensive cooldown. I always thought Gunslingers and Snipers should have some short term in-combat stealth like Force Camo and this is a good way to apply it.

• Leg Shot - now applies Crimp, which leeches (X%) of healing received on the target and heals the Gunslinger/Sniper for the amount leeched. Additionally deals (X) damage to the source of the heal. Lasts (X) seconds. Crimp can not be applied more than once every minute.

Commentary: This gives the Gunslinger their own niche in PvP situations where they can become the "healer & healed receiver" pressure while gaining a small heal. It also helps in PvE situations where a target can be healed, the Gunslinger would be able to steal a portion of that heal while damaging the source of the heal.
1) Interesting suggestion. I think the stealth would be sort of useless(your and your enemies DOTs would pull you out), but some sort of roll->evasion->roll combo would be cool and work out as 4 GCDs worth of near-invulnerability, but 2 spent inactive. The Virulence and Engineering roll moves would just need to be given a 20-second lockout.

2) Also a leech would be better put on Shatter Shot. Maybe put that as a utility with Debilitating Shots.
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
How to play Sniper in Solo Ranked ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

KnightTyler
02.04.2015 , 12:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
1) Interesting suggestion. I think the stealth would be sort of useless(your and your enemies DOTs would pull you out), but some sort of roll->evasion->roll combo would be cool and work out as 4 GCDs worth of near-invulnerability, but 2 spent inactive. The Virulence and Engineering roll moves would just need to be given a 20-second lockout.
Stealth was just a means to keep the Gunslinger/Sniper alive while making sure that if they decide to deal damage earlier than 3 seconds, it would be their own fault if they started to come under attack. The stealth would've worked just like Force Camo, where as long as you don't deal direct damage you wont be broken out, except by Stealth Scan.

Quote:
2) Also a leech would be better put on Shatter Shot. Maybe put that as a utility with Debilitating Shots.
Most of these ideas were made Pre-Discipline era so it will take some time and feedback to fix them. Shatter Shot is used often when trying to debuff multiple enemies, that's why I originally put it on Leg Shot so it would be used when you were trying to take someone down instead of just randomly applying to someone you were trying to debuff. Why do you think Shatter Shot would be a better choice? Also, thanks for the reply!

OMGITSJAD
02.04.2015 , 01:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightTyler View Post
Stealth was just a means to keep the Gunslinger/Sniper alive while making sure that if they decide to deal damage earlier than 3 seconds, it would be their own fault if they started to come under attack. The stealth would've worked just like Force Camo, where as long as you don't deal direct damage you wont be broken out, except by Stealth Scan.

Most of these ideas were made Pre-Discipline era so it will take some time and feedback to fix them. Shatter Shot is used often when trying to debuff multiple enemies, that's why I originally put it on Leg Shot so it would be used when you were trying to take someone down instead of just randomly applying to someone you were trying to debuff. Why do you think Shatter Shot would be a better choice? Also, thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I saw where you were getting at with it, and it would not be by any means a bad addition. I did not mean to entirely dismiss it, I just don't know if it would be very effective.

I think Shatter Shot would be better because it would increase it's effectiveness drastically because it already effects the amount of heals an enemy takes while they are debuffed by trauma. 20% healing loss + X% healing steal vs. Root and healing steal. I guess it would be counter-intuitive because it would reduce the amount of heals you're getting, but maybe it could work to ignore trauma.
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
How to play Sniper in Solo Ranked ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

KnightTyler
02.04.2015 , 11:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
I think Shatter Shot would be better because it would increase it's effectiveness drastically because it already effects the amount of heals an enemy takes while they are debuffed by trauma. 20% healing loss + X% healing steal vs. Root and healing steal. I guess it would be counter-intuitive because it would reduce the amount of heals you're getting, but maybe it could work to ignore trauma.
After thinking it over, I agree that Flourish Shot would be a better choice now in 3.0. The original Leg Shot idea was made pre-3.0 when Flourish Shot/Shatter Shot also applied armor debuff which is why I originally didn't have it on Flourish Shot. I appreciate the feedback and I have made the following changes:

Quote:
Flourish Shot - now applies Crimp, which leeches (X%) of healing received on the target and heals the Gunslinger/Sniper for the amount leeched. Additionally deals (X) damage to the source of the heal. Lasts (X) seconds. Crimp can not be applied more than once every minute. Leeched Healing ignores Trauma.