Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimal Augments for 198 Revanite Tank Gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Optimal Augments for 198 Revanite Tank Gear

DobleNegative
02.28.2015 , 10:47 PM | #1
There was a guide up here, writtten by someone from Aesthesis on Ebon Hawk, that had the numbers explaining what the ideal augments were for each tank class in BiS 198 Revanite gear. BioWare I deleted the original thread and I can't find a new one for this topic. Does anybody know the numbers or even have the original spreadsheet? That thing was so useful and helpful.

P.S. Really upset that BioWare deleted so many threads in this forum that were very valuable information to people like who me don't have the time to theorycraft but do want to gear correctly. Shout out to those who do run the numbers for us. Thanks.

ellenbec
03.01.2015 , 08:54 AM | #2
Tam has put his thread back up. Still works the same as before. Total your stuff out and augment/enhancement from there.
Khuri-PT

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

DobleNegative
03.01.2015 , 08:05 PM | #3
Can someone please give a link to this thread? I can't find it. And I don't mean the optimal tank stats threads, because I don't like to spend the credits to keep changing augments as I upgrade in gear. I augment for BiS and just stick with that set the whole way. That's the thread I'm trying to find. It had a spread sheet for all 3 tank classes too.

UrbanSaint
03.01.2015 , 08:17 PM | #4
this might be the thread you are looking for http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=790085
Fresnel-Jedi Shadow (all 3 specs)
Waythiko-Jedi Sentinel (Watchman, Combat)
And a bunch of other random alts I never play (I'm an Alt-o-holic)
Ex-best clicker and keyboard turner on the server

DobleNegative
03.01.2015 , 10:49 PM | #5
Thanks for trying but that's what I've already found and not what I'm searching for. There was a guide that stated exactly what the augments for each of the three tanking classes should be in BiS. For example, assassins want 7 absorb, 5 shield, and 2 defense augments in 198 Revanite gear (taken from the thread I'm searching for that got closed). I want to know the other two distributions for PTs and Juggs.

llayles
03.02.2015 , 04:24 PM | #6
Considering the dulfy immortal guide reccomends Def->Absorb->Shield I would think 5 shield augments would be in order. Maybe the rest being power?

Luckygunslinger
03.08.2015 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by llayles View Post
Considering the dulfy immortal guide reccomends Def->Absorb->Shield I would think 5 shield augments would be in order. Maybe the rest being power?
No I don't, I recommend Def > Shield > Absorb.

Quote:
Gearing and Stats Priority
Accuracy: 10% given from Tank Stance + 1% Companion buff = 101% Melee Accuracy

Priority for statting: Defense > Shield > Absorb

A goal to start heading towards in 186ís from the Yavin Vendor:

Defense->1360
Shield->737
Absorb->603

Artorias
5/5 HM Rav - Revanchist - HM ToS 5/5
Rage - Immortal - Guides - Defense - Focus

namesaretough
03.08.2015 , 09:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DobleNegative View Post
Thanks for trying but that's what I've already found and not what I'm searching for. There was a guide that stated exactly what the augments for each of the three tanking classes should be in BiS. For example, assassins want 7 absorb, 5 shield, and 2 defense augments in 198 Revanite gear (taken from the thread I'm searching for that got closed). I want to know the other two distributions for PTs and Juggs.
The issue with this is it assumes you're upgrading only token gear to token gear, never using things like B mods or upgrading pieces with different stats. It's really better to tailor your augments to your current stats to avoid being very unoptimized while you're waiting to win rolls on set pieces.
Smugglin