Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Marauder Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

K_osss
06.28.2019 , 02:17 PM | #11
I like the idea of Furious Focus - numbers will of course be tuned as needed, it's kind of a "bloodlust" type of ability. I'm good with that.

I'm not a fan of the set bonuses. I don't want to be required to activate 2 abilities in order to use dispatch on any target, that's not the flavor that excites me as a player. I'm curious what other ideas you have. It'd be kind of interesting to share some of the dev ideas with the community and have us weigh in on them even if they're not fully fleshed out. The idea would be to see what direction the community is most excited about. The mad dash set bonus is bad. Horrible for damage and extra slows are meh at best. Please go back to the drawing board on this one.

I get it, you're looking for abilities unique to the Marauder to build set bonuses around. Berserk and Battering assault have been used as the set bonuses for a while so looking to shake it up.

Could do a risk/reward on a historically defensive ability(ies) and tie some offense to it. Cloak of Pain could be used to do something offensively at the expense of maybe not having it when you'd want it defensively. Same with Force Camo. They could reduce rage cost for certain abilities, provide a flat % damage increase for a period of time, build charges that could be spent on XYZ offensive ability. Just some ideas.

Could also try making Crippling Slash into something that would be more useful in both PvE and PvP. I'd say it's marginally useful now in mostly PvP but i'm more of a PvP player - it may have good uses in PvE that i'm unaware of. Maybe have a set bonus give it considerably more damage or grant some buff to the marauder. It could add a small damage absorb shield for the marauder on use, or build a charge(s) that could be expended for a reset on leap, or build charges that could lower the cooldown of an offensive or defensive CD of your choosing. I'm just brainstorming. I'm sure my suggestions aren't fleshed out but i find them more interesting than almost anything you could do with Mad Dash and the DST one is just kinda meh. I think you can do better! Sorry for the wall of text.

roinopouf
06.28.2019 , 02:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
So yeah.... auto crit dev blast with 100% armour pen and up to double dmg with fucious focus and AOE with tactical?
It's 25% bonus for [Stacks] Spells, not [Stacks] * 25% bonus for 1 Spell.

roinopouf
06.28.2019 , 02:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MrAeronstone View Post
Rapid Rupture seems okay as it is, adapting the rotation to refresh it 1 GCD earlier shouldn't be a problem as long as it doesn't interfere with higher priority abilities.
Wouldn't we loose the last DoT tick ?

ShadzMGamez
06.28.2019 , 02:40 PM | #14
The new ability will be great. Will definitely bump the Mara up, especially Carnage (which is currently 3rd worst discipline).
I'm thinking between the tactical items, I'll want Hyper. Almost every time I use massacre, I do it 3 GCDs while waiting for my other rotation to go.

Depending on the new ability, I can see Always Ferocious working well. Bloody Focus could work well for your PVP carnage mara, adding a DOT. Unstable Focus is the way to go if you want more AOE punch. Like I'd get Unstable Focus right now for VM Queen, but we'll have to see how the new ops will be on ads and AOE.

The default mara tacticals, eh. Apex Predator is meh, since you usually have Predation on its "no longer needs 30 stacks of focus/fury" with the self cleanse and reduced cooldown on Force Camo. I also usually use them at the same time, so that's just a 15 second gap it would open up for using Force Camo, based on CD differences. I don't see this one being useful.
And Hidden power could be useful if you stay in Force Camo the full time. But I only ever do that if I'm sneaking past a mob, and not fighting them. It's very rare for me to use it full cooldown in a fight, and usually is only when I'm low on HP.

Annhi I don't use enough to have an opinion on much. Exterminator seems good, and can help the Annhi Mara in leveling or farming dailies, but I don't see it doing well in MM FPs, Ops, or WB fights.

Fury, is *** and I will never touch it. It's a DPS with extra defense really, which as a Mara is an awful combo. Could work as a skank on PT, or Jugg, but not on a Mara.

roinopouf
06.28.2019 , 02:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
They could reduce rage cost for certain abilities, provide a flat % damage increase for a period of time, build charges that could be spent on XYZ offensive ability. Just some ideas.
Not rage though, everything goes smoothly atm Rage-wise so it's kinda useless to add more. And there are already utilities in place for additional rage if needed.

roinopouf
06.28.2019 , 02:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadzMGamez View Post
Annhi I don't use enough to have an opinion on much. Exterminator seems good, and can help the Annhi Mara in leveling or farming dailies, but I don't see it doing well in MM FPs, Ops, or WB fights.

Fury, is *** and I will never touch it. It's a DPS with extra defense really, which as a Mara is an awful combo. Could work as a skank on PT, or Jugg, but not on a Mara.
Anni Tacts are bad and Fury is perhaps the highest DPS of the Mara atm tho.

bladech
06.28.2019 , 05:44 PM | #17
New Ability Furious Focus
  • Dispatcher - Using Dual Saber Throw with Furious Focus grants Dispatcher, finishing the cooldown of Force Charge and making your next Vicious Throw usable on any target.

This one is useless for fury spec since dual saber throw is mostly not used in this spec. + who will spend furious focus on such weak ability?
  • From the Shadows - Activating Mad Dash while under Force Camouflage makes it critically hit and slows any targets it damages.

This is even more useless then previous one. Who the bloody hell will use madh dash to break camouflage when camouflage is the only serious defense ability marauder has besides guarded by the force? This must be removed by something really useful.

Tactical Items
This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Marauder
  • Apex Predator - Activating Predation finishes the cooldown of Force Camouflage.
  • Frenzied Focus - Frenzy builds a Furious Focus charge.

This is useless. Frenzy has a huge cool down. No one will sacrifice tactical item for such rare usable ability
  • Hidden Power - Force Camouflage generates 2 rage per second while active.

Useless for pvp since camouflage is used mainly to run away and save marauders life. Marauder has no need in rage during this period.

Annihilation
  • Exterminator - Annihilate automatically kills standard and weak enemies with less than 30% health. Killing an enemy this way resets the cooldown of Annihilate.

Has no use for pvp at all. For pve has no use for big bosses since they are not weak or standard targets.
  • Rapid Rupture - Refreshing Rupture deals double damage on initial hit.

Good one. Both for pvp and pve
  • Vicious Saber - Vicious Slash applies all of your Deadly Saber stacks to its target at once and resets the cooldown of Deadly Saber.

Would be a good item for both pvp and pve

Carnage
  • Unstable Focus - Using Devastating Blast with Furious Focus causes Devastating Blast to explode, dealing damage to all targets in the area.

This is a single target spec. In pvp no one will take in order to avoid breaking mezzes and cc's. Might be useful for pve though
  • Hyper - Using Massacre adds Hyper stacks to you, increasing your critical chance by 10% and reducing the cost of
    your next Massacre by 1 rage per stack. Stacks up to 3 times. Last 10 seconds or until an ability other than Massacre is used.

Interesting one. Both useful for pve and pvp
  • Bloody Focus - Using Gore with Furious Focus causes its target to bleed.

Also interesting one. Even though gore is used for starting a burst window normally and players might want to use furious focus for devastating blast, ravage, vicious throw mostly. Depends on how good this bleed be
  • Always Ferocious - Ferocity is active all the time, but only grants 50% armor penetration.

Wow. Cant even comment on such big change... Might change this spec from burst to quasi burst spec.

Fury
  • Detonate - Raging Burst detonates Force Crush, dealing damage and slowing any enemies in an area around the primary target.

Same comment as for Unstable Focus
  • Obliterator - Using Obliterate with Furious Focus causes it to critically hit.

OK for both pvp and pve specs
  • Force Barter - Furious Strike refunds one additional rage after it hits, but refunds all its rage if you would have fallen to zero.

USELESS. Fury mara never feels trouble with lacking rage. Its zen effect, pops from force charge or obliterate either regenerate rage or making some of main abilities not to consume rage in usage. No one will take this item.

All in all,From the Shadows set bonus, and Force Barters, Frenzied Focus AND hidden power tactical items are totally useless and must be changed for something else. Exterminator item for anni wont be popular at all. People will not use it except for leveling since for end game pvp and pve it is mostly useless

Delani
06.28.2019 , 06:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
New Ability Furious Focus
  • Dispatcher - Using Dual Saber Throw with Furious Focus grants Dispatcher, finishing the cooldown of Force Charge and making your next Vicious Throw usable on any target.

This one is useless for fury spec since dual saber throw is mostly not used in this spec. + who will spend furious focus on such weak ability?
  • From the Shadows - Activating Mad Dash while under Force Camouflage makes it critically hit and slows any targets it damages.

This is even more useless then previous one. Who the bloody hell will use madh dash to break camouflage when camouflage is the only serious defense ability marauder has besides guarded by the force? This must be removed by something really useful.

Tactical Items
This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Marauder
  • Apex Predator - Activating Predation finishes the cooldown of Force Camouflage.
  • Frenzied Focus - Frenzy builds a Furious Focus charge.

This is useless. Frenzy has a huge cool down. No one will sacrifice tactical item for such rare usable ability
  • Hidden Power - Force Camouflage generates 2 rage per second while active.

Useless for pvp since camouflage is used mainly to run away and save marauders life. Marauder has no need in rage during this period.

Annihilation
  • Exterminator - Annihilate automatically kills standard and weak enemies with less than 30% health. Killing an enemy this way resets the cooldown of Annihilate.

Has no use for pvp at all. For pve has no use for big bosses since they are not weak or standard targets.
  • Rapid Rupture - Refreshing Rupture deals double damage on initial hit.

Good one. Both for pvp and pve
  • Vicious Saber - Vicious Slash applies all of your Deadly Saber stacks to its target at once and resets the cooldown of Deadly Saber.

Would be a good item for both pvp and pve

Carnage
  • Unstable Focus - Using Devastating Blast with Furious Focus causes Devastating Blast to explode, dealing damage to all targets in the area.

This is a single target spec. In pvp no one will take in order to avoid breaking mezzes and cc's. Might be useful for pve though
  • Hyper - Using Massacre adds Hyper stacks to you, increasing your critical chance by 10% and reducing the cost of
    your next Massacre by 1 rage per stack. Stacks up to 3 times. Last 10 seconds or until an ability other than Massacre is used.

Interesting one. Both useful for pve and pvp
  • Bloody Focus - Using Gore with Furious Focus causes its target to bleed.

Also interesting one. Even though gore is used for starting a burst window normally and players might want to use furious focus for devastating blast, ravage, vicious throw mostly. Depends on how good this bleed be
  • Always Ferocious - Ferocity is active all the time, but only grants 50% armor penetration.

Wow. Cant even comment on such big change... Might change this spec from burst to quasi burst spec.

Fury
  • Detonate - Raging Burst detonates Force Crush, dealing damage and slowing any enemies in an area around the primary target.

Same comment as for Unstable Focus
  • Obliterator - Using Obliterate with Furious Focus causes it to critically hit.

OK for both pvp and pve specs
  • Force Barter - Furious Strike refunds one additional rage after it hits, but refunds all its rage if you would have fallen to zero.

USELESS. Fury mara never feels trouble with lacking rage. Its zen effect, pops from force charge or obliterate either regenerate rage or making some of main abilities not to consume rage in usage. No one will take this item.

All in all,From the Shadows set bonus, and Force Barters, Frenzied Focus AND hidden power tactical items are totally useless and must be changed for something else. Exterminator item for anni wont be popular at all. People will not use it except for leveling since for end game pvp and pve it is mostly useless
Im glad to see everyone is agreeing that from the shadows is a terrible set bonuses simply because no one uses mad dash in that fashion. Mad dash is a gap closer, way to resist dmg or a way to move around (trick your enemy) in most if not all situations. Will bioware read the feedback and listen to the community is the real question and change what most of us are not agreeing on?

K_osss
06.28.2019 , 08:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by roinopouf View Post
Not rage though, everything goes smoothly atm Rage-wise so it's kinda useless to add more. And there are already utilities in place for additional rage if needed.
Yeah fair point, I'm just trying to spark the creative juices! Maybe damage boost or building charges of something that can be used to reset a cooldown or build stacks that increase damage. Or have cloak of pain increase damage stacking for as long as you don't take damage. I don't know man, just throwing stuff out there.

DzastinBiberi
06.28.2019 , 09:55 PM | #20
Nobody will use Mad Dash while in Force Camo.

Players use Camo to avoid death and escape near death situations, not to Mad Dash from it.

Also, we dont use Mad Dash for dmg, but to avoid big hits cause of the resist function it has while dashing.