Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

I just want to put out there that I strongly, strongly disagree with this whole post, and I imagine many pvpers would also. Balance should always be the ultimate goal. There is no fun without balance. Making things wild and crazy might be fun for the first 2 matches, but if there are big imbalances, that's just not sustainable for a fun pvp experience over time. I really hope Bioware doesn't consider such nonsensical opinions.

Also, we don't all have every discipline to 70...that's such a stupid thing to say. Plus, what if I really only enjoy playing a handful of classes, but all of them are severely underpowered because they threw balance out the window? Again, it would be a complete disaster that wouldn't be fun for anyone beyond the first few matches.

Finally, I disagree with people that proclaim balance impossible, and that Bioware should make changes simply to shake up the meta. That is also a terrible idea. Balance, even if difficult to attain, should always be the goal for pvp.

In my opinion, you have it exactly backwards. It doesn't matter how wild, crazy, and exciting new abilities are; there can be no fun or enjoyment without balance in pvp.

You didn't real my whole post though... clearly at the bottom it says to hold off on new pvp season until balance is achieved. The problem is pvp is a small community in this game and if you focus on pvp balance before new ability animations and class hybridization in the game you will kill it. Half the pvp'ers aren't even subbed. Gotta read it fully before commenting my dude.

My main point here was don't worry about exact metrics which can easily be adjusted later, focus more on the actual abilities themselves and how they are activated and what those activation's look like visually.

And a side note...balance doesn't make pvp fun, for good players, being at a disadvantage and still winning can be more fulfilling, because you've actually accomplished something out of the norm.

You didn't real my whole post though... clearly at the bottom it says to hold off on new pvp season until balance is achieved. The problem is pvp is a small community in this game and if you focus on pvp balance before new ability animations and class hybridization in the game you will kill it. Half the pvp'ers aren't even subbed. Gotta read it fully before commenting my dude.

My main point here was don't worry about exact metrics which can easily be adjusted later, focus more on the actual abilities themselves and how they are activated and what those activation's look like visually.

And a side note...balance doesn't make pvp fun, for good players, being at a disadvantage and still winning can be more fulfilling, because you've actually accomplished something out of the norm.

I can assure you that I did indeed read your whole post. A long preseason presents its own issues. If they implemented a 3-6 month preseason, I would unsub from the game until the next season started. That would simply be absurd. Furthermore, Bioware should not consider putting unbalanced garbage into the game in the hopes that they can fix it all later. We have had balance issues in the current meta for about 2 years. Whatever they put out in 6.0 will see very minimal, if any changes going forward.

As to your last point, that's only true to a point. I primarily play madness sorc in solo ranked, which is about 5th or 6th among dps classes. It's certainly more satisfying to do well on madness sorc than it would be to do well on arsenal merc, but there's nobody succeeding as a dps pt (8th), and very few doing well as a dps jugg (7th). Balance is essential, especially to good players who are keenly aware of different classes' strengths and weaknesses.

I can assure you that I did indeed read your whole post. A long preseason presents its own issues. If they implemented a 3-6 month preseason, I would unsub from the game until the next season started. That would simply be absurd. Furthermore, Bioware should not consider putting unbalanced garbage into the game in the hopes that they can fix it all later. We have had balance issues in the current meta for about 2 years. Whatever they put out in 6.0 will see very minimal, if any changes going forward.

As to your last point, that's only true to a point. I primarily play madness sorc in solo ranked, which is about 5th or 6th among dps classes. It's certainly more satisfying to do well on madness sorc than it would be to do well on arsenal merc, but there's nobody succeeding as a dps pt (8th), and very few doing well as a dps jugg (7th). Balance is essential, especially to good players who are keenly aware of different classes' strengths and weaknesses.

The game is as balanced as it has ever been but it is also kinda dead (from an mmo perspective). Removing certain things from classes ruined the feel of a lot of classes and made the game boring (not fun). These new abilities sound ok but they arent exactly what the class needs (atleast from a PVP perspective). Id rather at this point they just focus on abilities rather than tacticals because few of these tacticals are good, (which will lead to 1 maybe 2 optimal builds) meaning that gameplay wont be diversified. Its just more of the same rather than offering players something new and fresh will isnt going to help grow the population. Fun is more important than balance in most games.

Edited by Delani

Genuinely all seem PvP-focused so not sure how much feedback I can give as someone who primarily does PvE Operations.

The Overload giving % Damage Reduction is just another DCD for Sin Tanks (saying this out of context as not sure what you have in store for the Tank bonuses), which seems a bit much because they already have the most DCD's in the game. (And arguably the BEST ones given Shroud gets its CD reduced via Shielding, and Force Speed is a 60% DMG Red on a ~15s CD...).

I will say I do like this new style you guys are going for with letting us see some of it beforehand so we can give initial feedback though! Very excited for 6.0!!

Agreed can we see if we can come up with some options that do NOT revolve around pvp.

Still no fix for the sith sorcerer madness damage barrier that pvp players can walk through it and only lasts 2 seconds in all pve encounters now does not protect you even when its on worst in world boss encounters as soon as you put it up you only get the outline of it and its gone in 2 to 3 seconds does nothing at all.

Below is what you outline to improve all abilities your nerf over 8 years so it about time we got them back on Madness damage still like to see the force lightning get a boost as it is the main madness damage ability that actually works.:rolleyes:

Madness•Exhaustion Field - Death Field does 10% more damage to all targets spreads Force Slow's effects.

•Ruthless Demolition - Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.

•Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.

•Wrath Rushdown - When Force Lightning generates 4 stacks of Wrath, you gain Wrath Rush, allowing your next 3 Volt Rushes to deal 25% more damage and cost 50% less Force. Volt Rush consumes all stacks of Wrath