Freetime for Some?

JMEoNE

Say it ain't so... how come people with level 50's get a free month of play and those who chose a slower pace to try out the game and more of its features without spacebaring through all your hard made storyline and trying to gain Achievements as I level don't :mad: not cool

- JMEoNE

Say it ain't so... how come people with level 50's get a free month of play and those who chose a slower pace to try out the game and more of its features without spacebaring through all your hard made storyline and trying to gain Achievements as I level don't :mad: not cool

- JMEoNE

How about stop telling all lies claiming lvl 50's have spacebarred trough the game.

I would have agreed with you if someone was 50 back in december or early january but we're in april. Even at casual play without spacebarrring you could have had a 50.

I would have agreed with you if someone was 50 back in december or early january but we're in april. Even at casual play without spacebarrring you could have had a 50.

COULD have had a 50. Since we chose to alternate our play on a variety of alts since december, we instead get devalued by Bioware and insulted by not getting the free 30 days. I guarantee I have as much PLAYED time as you do, but I did not have a level 50. I was not aware that this game was a leveling contest.

The very least Bioware could have done is to announce a few weeks before 1.2 that having a level 50 would get you the free time, and I guarantee that a lot more people like myself would have finished up one by now. If they had worded the press release differently without being insulting then that would have been something different as well.

OK point taken about the spacebaring my appologies to anyone who took offense to that.

.... But I still think it stinks that some paying subscribers would get a second free month while other players who might not have as much time to play but don't like the game any less wouldn't

- JMEoNE

Took me a month to level my Shadow to 50 and trust me, I don't use the spacebar :eek:.

COULD have had a 50. Since we chose to alternate our play on a variety of alts since december, we instead get devalued by Bioware and insulted by not getting the free 30 days. I guarantee I have as much PLAYED time as you do, but I did not have a level 50. I was not aware that this game was a leveling contest.

The very least Bioware could have done is to announce a few weeks before 1.2 that having a level 50 would get you the free time, and I guarantee that a lot more people like myself would have finished up one by now. If they had worded the press release differently without being insulting then that would have been something different as well.

I have alts.

I rerolled

I play casual

I go out.

I go shopping.

I go to the movies.

I do groceries.

I have a household.

I work.

I study.

I have ONE lvl 50.

Yes I agree that the current reward model is bad but claiming you could not have had a lvl 50 if you play since release is showing you really hardly played the game by pretty much not logging much at all.(and wasted subscription money anyway.)

Now for the newer players I understand that they did not got a lvl 50.

Bioware should have given all players that subbed at pre-release and release free 30 days without level requirements.

but my issue here is people claiming that lvl 50's in this game rushed to endgame, spacebarred etc etc while I can say majority levelled at an average rate. Levelling in this game is fast. Few WZ missions, few spacemissions, few heroics and few FP missions/dailies and whoops few more levels.

Edited by Kirameki

ok look at what I started I am sorry no one will ever get free anything anymore because of me. Ill choose to be more sensitive on here from now on. my mistake servers were down I was bored waiting and kinda upset that it wasnt a universal gift to all players whatever my inferior mindset allowed selfishness to overcome me. um forget I said anything it was a great gift for those who got it. although nexalst time it would be prefered if free game time is a reward/gift a little more specifics before would be nice thanks.

also the guild I am in really disliked the loss of the party inciter we mourn.

I have a level 48, 38, 33, 29 and 19 character. I slowed down on my 48 to level alts because I wanted experience as many professions as I could and didn't have an urgent need to reach 50 at any certain time. I started the first day of pre-launch and never cancelled my account. I've also been trying to get all the codex entries I could on these characters as I'm kind of a completionist. Haven't I played enough for a free month?

I'm really upset about this too - how much time someone had to level up, or how much someone played, is not the issue.

It should suffice that we supported the game from the start. We paid for the game. How we choose to play is our own business. We shouldn't have to defend ourselves and explain how much we have or haven't played, or how slow we are or what play style we have.

It's plain wrong to reward players for leveling up to a certain level. It's no different than saying "everyone with a level 14 character gets 10 real life dollars" and stating that these people are the best and most loyal customers. This is a huge mistake and in my opinion a PR fiasco.

I have cancelled my subscription today.

I still like the game but I can't pay for a month that most of my friends get for free. If I miss the game I will come back after the "free month" is up.

I played the beta and I've paid for the whole time since. There are people who just started playing who are more valuable as customers than I am, according to EA/Bioware. CS can't do a thing so I guess we just have to give ourselves the free month.

:confused:

Hi all,

While we appreciate constructive feedback regarding the Legacy promotion and understand there may be some frustration about who qualifies for this promotion, we do have an existing active thread on this topic, available here:

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

In order to consolidate the discussion, we're going to close this thread and ask that the community use the existing thread to continue to give feedback on this topic.

We appreciate your understanding!