Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please remove veterans edge from HM (and SM)


Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.13.2020 , 12:05 PM | #21
For those having trouble clearing SM & HM, I think a lot of the time people may not have the right set bonus/amps/tacticals. These are the only real "gear checK' in HM after 306 (mastery endurance power are capped).


______

Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
We did SnV HM \ Vet recently with very mixed group (some people with little experience in raiding) and Styrak did enrage.
That kind of proves my point if you can bring "noobs" into HM styrak. It sounds like you cleared it even though it enraged -- which happened a lot in 5.x imo.

There is a trick you can do to increase your DPS on the Kell Dragon that revolve around reflecting the spines. Have everyone with a reflect -- such as scoundrel dodge with reflect utility -- purposefully stand close to the dragon while he is spinning in the last 15% of the channel. Once they have the spines and the dragon stops spinning, hit your reflect. Reflecting during the spin is pointless because the dragon has extra DR, which is why you don't reflect until afterward.

You can also reflect or rebounder much of the lightning stuff that Styrak does.
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
05.13.2020 , 05:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
purposefully stand close to the dragon while he is spinning in the last 15% of the channel. Once they have the spines and the dragon stops spinning, hit your reflect. .
there is no dot im hm....
RiP Forum

DizzD's Avatar


DizzD
05.15.2020 , 05:57 PM | #23
LoL, NiM raider wants content that's not even relevant to himself to be nerfed so that average players will struggle with it, simply because he's salty that it's not harder.....

I've raided at all levels in this game, got the timed NiM run titles back in the day. Mostly play casual now, and let me tell you: 90% of the playerbase cannot farm HM, and even struggle with SM occasionally true story.

Yes, this may be laughable to anyone with a decent amount of raiding experience, but it's true.

Remove VE and you will drive the casuals out of this game. We can't afford to do that because the game is funded by the casuals and running them off would literally kill the game.

So no thanks.
Darth Dizmal
<Sithit>
Shadowlands
Moar Pew Pew

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
05.16.2020 , 12:03 PM | #24
No, just no.

What they should do is scale all content to the level cap, and offer gear progression through difficulty as it has always been in the past before all the silly 'loot in a box - everyone gets the same thing' systems.

XaronTN's Avatar


XaronTN
05.23.2020 , 03:54 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MythicRaiderInx View Post
Simple HM is completely FACEROLL you can ignore nearly all mechanics never pop a single DCD (even as tank) and go full Yolo mode.
Well, for you as NiM raider it may looks like that, but for me as a loong years veteran, but mostly casual (never play most of ops on HM, never NiM) small progress, now with comeback to finally do more ops, without luck of finding a guild for it.
But more: easy? Some of the content is..but especially the new HM FP as traitor among the chiss, nathema, etc..are insanly hard! Nothing like yolo, ignoring mechanics possible..eventhough you really hard trying, some small mistakes and bye bye on boss in FP
In traitor among the chiss occasionally quite a few groups (full 306 gear) rip sometimes on first mobs in FP, their dmg is somehow a bit higher then in other flashpoints, and hits quite hard
- As a tank when random Traitor/nanthema pop up I prefer to leave, because Iīm too afraid it will be total s**** rip fest..without ppl who know exactly what to do, discord,.. and 9 times of 10 it is.
Maybe SM ops are easier, then it used to be, but HM definitely is not like walking on sunshine, it is still so easy to wipe with casual ppl, random group etc ) if ppl donīt know what to do... just tank and spank does not work
So it is not faceroll at all

MagicTerror's Avatar


MagicTerror
05.23.2020 , 01:22 PM | #26
I've noticed that if people actually know how the fight works, then most of those killer flashpoints are actually faceroll easy. I was with a first time tank on nathema the other day and with 2 or three bullet points for each boss we managed to get through it without one wipe.
Point is, even taking advantage of every nerf, mechanic removal, and Bolster training wheel set in the game isn't going to save you if you don't bother to pay attention for any flashpoint/Op boss when passing it requires more than keyboard mashing. And I'd prefer the challenge of the mechanics than the "challenge" of enrage timers that just depend on you maxing your stats and choosing the most OP class to get through it. Give me all the VE you want, just don't make the workings of the fights so inconsequential because players can't be bothered to learn from them. Only 3 or 4 SM Ops left haven't become total facerolls.

mrphstar's Avatar


mrphstar
05.25.2020 , 03:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DizzD View Post
LoL, NiM raider wants content that's not even relevant to himself to be nerfed so that average players will struggle with it, simply because he's salty that it's not harder.....

I've raided at all levels in this game, got the timed NiM run titles back in the day. Mostly play casual now, and let me tell you: 90% of the playerbase cannot farm HM, and even struggle with SM occasionally true story.

Yes, this may be laughable to anyone with a decent amount of raiding experience, but it's true.

Remove VE and you will drive the casuals out of this game. We can't afford to do that because the game is funded by the casuals and running them off would literally kill the game.

So no thanks.
what people of all skill groups still dont realize is that its not about the the "elitist wanting harder content" nor the "whiners wanna faceroll" everything.
the problem is the huge skill gap between hm and NiM and people doing HM raids have simply no good way to train and get prepared for NiM anymore.
the learning curve is just way too steep right now, even with recently added buffs to stats.

ofc the problem would transfer over to SM vs. HM, and when removing stacks from sm, it will be the same with story chapters vs. SM raids.
BW went the wrong way here a while ago and tried to fix this in the last couple of months with out seeing the consequences.
i fear they gotta rework the whole game diificulty according to current NiM situation or adjust all legacy NiMs to the according to 6.1 diffculty again, while raising the difficulty levels of upcomming raids overall through all modes.
the current situation is helping no one at all and will lead to more "elitists" vs. "casual" debates and futher to a dieing game cuz of lacking offspring for the raid community.

Townowi's Avatar


Townowi
05.27.2020 , 02:11 PM | #28
OK, I acknowledge the gap between HM and NiM is currently at its widest, but how would using SM stat caps in HM (as a temporary solution; SM stat caps are lower than in HM) affect the difficulty of HM?

Or even the stat caps of MM FPs, if they are lower than SM ops stat caps, in which case SM ops should also have these stat caps as well. It's far from perfect but still...

Solutions to that sort of problems often come with catch-22s, and someone will be displeased without fail. But when stuff becomes impossible to balance, especially with amplifiers or set bonuses in the mix...

Quote: Originally Posted by mrphstar View Post
the current situation is helping no one at all and will lead to more "elitists" vs. "casual" debates and futher to a dieing game cuz of lacking offspring for the raid community.
To be fair, raiding has never been much of a selling point for this game from 4.0 onward. (It may have been in 3.0 or earlier, but I can't say for sure - I only started playing well into the 5.0 cycle)

Now we know what the game is like with a raiding community that is a shadow of its former self, however.
For those who never used a referral link, here's mine!