2.5 balance notes are up: they fixed ops/scoundrels!

Leinadirak

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They nerfed cover too, which I think is justified.

Still no buffs for concealment/lethality survivability though.. =/

On a side note,

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA TAKE THAT UNDYING RAGEEEE

Edited by Morde_

I actually like the change to the cover mechanic as when I am on my Operative I always felt cover cheesed the mechanic. For my sniper they could have made it so you can only not be leapt to when Entrench is up to give the marauders a fighting chance

I do agree with Scold that the Undying Rage nerf will hit Maras hard and expect a lot of QQing on this one. However, it is justified as a DPSer should never be able to out-tank a tank. I think a lot of Maras are going to go and cry in stealth for 5 seconds now :)

Edited by bsbrad

I like how they are now including paragraphs that explain the reasoning behind the changes instead of letting us guess what they are trying to accomplish.

From the tone it looks like this is just a look at changes that they have finalized, but it seems they could make further changes.

I like how they are now including paragraphs that explain the reasoning behind the changes instead of letting us guess what they are trying to accomplish.

From the tone it looks like this is just a look at changes that they have finalized, but it seems they could make further changes.

Yep, good work Bioware. More of this.

Tons of stupid changes.

They completly ignored madness assassin and increased the already freaking super high damage of deception...

Root on ravage for vengeance jugg...

The only good change is probably the guarded by the force change and the cover change for scoundrel...

2.5 so called "balance changes" dont change anything.

Im done with this crap, uninstalling.

Vengeance is now the most ridiculously overwpoered spec in the world.

Next time a veng jugg charges you its better to just stand still and let him kill you to avoid fatigue.

So literally no changes, especially for sage/sorc healing - good, good - when TESO and Eq Next will be released?

Read better, this is just them communicating to players current plans, not final patch notes. Yes, I understand communicating is totally unprecedented, but please read all the words before jumping the gun.

Tons of stupid changes.

They completly ignored madness assassin and increased the already freaking super high damage of deception...

Root on ravage for vengeance jugg...

The only good change is probably the guarded by the force change and the cover change for scoundrel...

they didnt ignore it, you jus cant read Correctly

Tons of stupid changes.

They completly ignored madness assassin

I point you to

Sith Inquisitor

Madness

• In addition to previous effects, Devour now makes your damage-over-time effects uncleansable. This affects Creeping Terror, Discharge, Crushing Darkness, and Affliction.

Are these changes final? It sounds like they're final and the only changes. Remember when PT's whined like a group of middle school girls and got more buffs?

Nope

Hello there! We here on the Classes & Combat team wanted to take some time to keep players up-to-date on the changes we have planned for the upcoming Game Update 2.5. As always, these are subject to change, and we welcome your feedback. There are quite a few changes to go over, so with no further introduction, let’s dig in!

[...]

We hope you have enjoyed this inside look at class development.

Sneak preview, basically they are telling us what they have finalized so we can't accuse them of not communicating to us.

Edited by Zoom_VI

they didnt ignore it, you jus cant read Correctly

Well they didn't post the changes in the assassin forum, just sorcs/sages but a dot protection will not out. Still no ability capable of 6k outside of execute and still squish.

It will totally help out sorcs and sages though.

Well they didn't post the changes in the assassin forum, just sorcs/sages but a dot protection will not out. Still no ability capable of 6k outside of execute and still squish.

It will totally help out sorcs and sages though.

To be fair Lethality can't do 6k outside of execute either....

Read better, this is just them communicating to players current plans, (...)

What *plans*? There are *no* plans, there are just some tiny minor tweaks, no changes, not even the small ones. This whole thing a joke, an amusement. No nerf, even any kind of adjustment for op/scoundrel healers, same story with rage/focus tree, no buffing sage/sorc healing.

We've waited for any kind of info about class changes since 2.4 hits live and after all this time we get the 2.4.2 patch notes? Pls, really pvp is done in this game. Time to move on.

Wow, I never knew my infiltration shadow was so weak as I was easily able to take down level 50+s guardians, sentinels, PTs, sorcs and snipers while on level 44, but thanks I guess? Now it will just be easier. I won't even need a rotation, just shadow strike, shadow strike should do it.

Meanwhile my sorc healer is still crying for some viability in arenas. They found out how to stop me from healing to full!!!

Meanwhile my sorc healer is still crying for some viability in arenas. They found out how to stop me from healing to full!!!

They also found the way how to prevent you from going LoS and making them all pay - never forget about this. Heal-to-full is just a part of the combo LoS-H2F-Make'them'all'pay.

What *plans*? There are *no* plans, there are just some tiny minor tweaks, no changes, not even the small ones. This whole thing a joke, an amusement. No nerf, even any kind of adjustment for op/scoundrel healers, same story with rage/focus tree, no buffing sage/sorc healing.

We've waited for any kind of info about class changes since 2.4 hits live and after all this time we get the 2.4.2 patch notes? Pls, really pvp is done in this game. Time to move on.

Are they releasing 2.5 tomorrow? No

Did they say these are final? No

Did they say nothing more was coming? No

It is a sneak preview not final product so stop QQ'ing until we see the final notes. Unless you think nerfing GBTF and operatives cover is somehow not good?

Every one of these changes are positives for their respective trees and are things that the PvP community has asked for. (except the Quick shot change which was for PvE scrapper)

Why are people upset that BW is actually making reasonable changes??? Oh, wait its not that they aren't good changes they just aren't extreme. Yeah scoundrel healers still need some nerfs but don't tell me these changes are all going in the wrong direction, because they are not.