2.5 balance notes are up: they fixed ops/scoundrels!

Leinadirak

The cover mechanic nerf was long overdue. It never should've been allowed to drag on this long. Undying Rage nerf is also needed...how many times have they screwed this one up in the past?

However, the uncleansable DoTs is stupid. They've been killing off one stealth class (Op/Scoundrel) practically since launch, and slowly buffing the other. Assassin is already the most well-rounded PvP class in the game, why make it even better? When are BH's and Agents going to get uncleansable DoTs? They have entire specs that revolve around DoT, not just a few abilities.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just...wow...I am going to thoroughly enjoy this on my jugg until they inevitably remove it. CC immunity and a root on ravage? I could only dream of something this OP on my combat sentinel (granted we get 100% armor pen though). I'm going to love abusing this, but this is straight up broken. Not to say we don't need more ways to control our opponent as we are extremely easy to kite after unstoppable, but this is just nuts.

Only bad or distracted players will really see the effect of this. Good players that know the proper timing will still be able to avoid the third strike of MS/Ravage 100% of the time. Personally, i would have increased the burn damage and lowered the cost of FD for Vigilance.

The cover mechanic nerf was long overdue. It never should've been allowed to drag on this long. Undying Rage nerf is also needed...how many times have they screwed this one up in the past?

However, the uncleansable DoTs is stupid. They've been killing off one stealth class (Op/Scoundrel) practically since launch, and slowly buffing the other. Assassin is already the most well-rounded PvP class in the game, why make it even better? When are BH's and Agents going to get uncleansable DoTs? They have entire specs that revolve around DoT, not just a few abilities.

Agents and Smugglers do at least have the lingering toxins ability on their DOTs. Grant it, it is a weaker form of the DOTs but it's something.

I wonder if we might be overreacting on the assassin buffs and not looking at whether they will no longer to really be able to exit combat as readily with these uncleansable DOTs.

Only bad or distracted players will really see the effect of this. Good players that know the proper timing will still be able to avoid the third strike of MS/Ravage 100% of the time. Personally, i would have increased the burn damage and lowered the cost of FD for Vigilance.

I'm well aware that unstoppable wears off before the final tick of ravage. Still doesn't change that fact that immunity+root is pretty OP. Thought it doesn't fix the overlaying problem with vengeance in general, but this is still going to be fun, and I really doubt it will stay like that for long.

Agents and Smugglers do at least have the lingering toxins ability on their DOTs. Grant it, it is a weaker form of the DOTs but it's something.

I wonder if we might be overreacting on the assassin buffs and not looking at whether they will no longer to really be able to exit combat as readily with these uncleansable DOTs.

Shroud > combat stealth.

I think the main thing is all the extra armor they're getting without losing any damage, heck maul is getting a buff. Harder to kill with the more damage potential than it is on live. They will be extremely hard to kill.

I just need to get on the PTS and actually test it though.

I think the main thing is all the extra armor they're getting without losing any damage, heck maul is getting a buff. Harder to kill with the more damage potential than it is on live. They will be extremely hard to kill.

I just need to get on the PTS and actually test it though.

Yeah, it's hard telling. If i look at it isolated from the other changes, it does seem like too much, but as an entirety, it may not be so bad.

Like I said in another thread. If they really follow through with more frequent tweaks, it might not be that bad. When something that seems minor turns out to be huge big picture, it sucks when it stays for at least 6 months with no change.

Yeah, it's hard telling. If i look at it isolated from the other changes, it does seem like too much, but as an entirety, it may not be so bad.

Like I said in another thread. If they really follow through with more frequent tweaks, it might not be that bad. When something that seems minor turns out to be huge big picture, it sucks when it stays for at least 6 months with no change.

If they actually follow through this time with more frequent class changes paired with class reps who're actually capable of knowing if something is over or under performing it might be great for balance in this game.

I will say that the armor changes make sense for PvE.