What are your gripes with the game at the moment?

LordArtemis

I wanted to list my main gripes with the game in it's current state...I will try to keep the list brief.

1) Removal of too much gear from the game.

2) Influence grind has become REALLY tedious.

3) GC was a good idea (IMO) designed and implemented in poor fashion with little insight.

4) Bugs that continue to persist, including the recent preview window bug.

5) Too many changes to crafting and character abilities in the last year.

6) Combination of level 9 and 10 crafting material spawns in KotFE areas.

7) Abandonment of Stronghold and GSF development.

8) Lack of Heroic streamlining (bottlenecks persist, heroics removed on Makeb and Illum).

9) Recent disconnection and lag issues.

10) No replay mechanic for original leveling content, nor difficulty setting.

11) Lack of Legacy wallet/bank.

12) The fact that most of the resource spawn areas for level 9 and 10 crafting supplies are gated.

13) Lack of complete return of all companions by the terminal when KotFE is started/finished.

14) Lack of ability to decorate Alliance HQ or throne room, and decorate/use Gravestone as personal starship.

15) Lost opportunities to give players bonus creature/droid companions in KotFE/KotET.

Those are my major gripes with the game at present. I would like to read the lists of others, if you are willing to share them. I may add more to this list later.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 1 is lack of iconic Jedi outfits which were present in most Old Republic visual sources (KotOR 2, comics, even this game's timeline vids). This is the biggest issue I ahve with the game. It really has an impact on me and my enjoyment of the game as I simply can't fulfil my Jedi fantasy.

Second is no endgame content since shadow of revan.

third is no class stories. Kotfe and Kotet were bad. I don't understand why they didn't go in a different direction, such as 3-4 chapter-long class stories for each class.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The game has pretty much gotten boring. My ex text me and told me that's why he's not been on and he's been playing on his XBox. I've been playing the new Pokémon Sun and Moon games. It's the fact that there's really nothing new to do. Uprisings are dump, Bioware continues to for RNG crap on us, my biggest cheese off is the Cartel Market. I can take grinding for gear but to seriously RNG almost everything aspect of this game is getting ridiculous and on top of that the player base wants people to grind for items they want of the GTN and while most say it can't happen best way to end high prices and save this game's economy is to put a credit cap on the GTN, remove the trade channel and anyone posting "WTB" or "WTS" in the gen chat is spamming like the credit bots that spam to buy credits from various sites, plain simple easy, but they won't do that so I digress, that's sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of the game for my ex who wants an armor set so since he can't buy it directly and the game content is dull, he's just stopped playing and he only came back less than two months ago, he resubbed a few days before the deadline for the Walker reward, so what's that tell you? Too boring and nothing is worth working for when the games dull as paste. He says he will be back, when I don't know.

Since he's stopped playing I too have stopped as well, game's dull without your friends to play with and talk to, even my guild where I, my ex and another friend of ours, who is the GM, has like 2 people on at most. 5 was the highest one day, but that was it, I haven't seen the GM on since before Christmas so, yeah dull and boring and way too much grinding and RNG crap. *yawn*

Edited by DarthEnrique

It's not actually a MMO. It's a SP experience with half butted features pasted on it. Resource gathering sucks. Crafting sucks. Really no reason IMHO to even bother with the GTN as the economy model in the game sucks. You have to use the forums to find a guild no in game guild finder. You can't access your mail box without finding one in the world first.

From the start this game hasn't been a MMO. The play area is extremely small. You get level balanced everywhere you go. What reason is there to level up if you're going to be nerfed to hell anyways. Better way to do that would to have an actual open area with areas specifically made for higher level players.

Sorry but as a MMO Galaxies was 100x better. This game as a MMO isn't even up to the industry standard. As a SP game though 9/10. Bioware instead of trying to save this heap just start fresh, and take this behind the shed and put it out of its misery.

My biggest gripe is that vanilla content has been pretty much abandoned.

1. Instanced final bosses -sometimes reduced so much in level that they can't survive one rotation

2. Too easy final bosses -even the Trooper one on Corellia, which is pretty high level -the fight is easy and 'streamlined' -and unexciting

3. Too easy and too boring levelling.

a) KOTET and KOTFE stories get old quick -just like planetary story arcs (but those had at least 2 versions -imp and rep). So after brief romance with new story content went back again to doing a vanilla story classes. They have/had/used to have more replay value. Maybe its the 8 class variety, or maybe they're done better

b) BUT with companions on uber mode, and mobs on squishy mode -the game is easy and un-exciting to play. If only I could do some solo H4s, but they are not present in game anymore (all but 1)

Look devs, I know you want to make endgamers finally happy and tweak your Galactic Command system. I'm all for your success on this field. I really am. But read your metrics -I'm pretty sure you'll find out most people spend their time on vanilla chapters. At least those who stay subscribed longer than 2 month cadence

apart from that:

Bugs still existing. And their name is legion. My latest gripe is Vibroblades clipping (cutting into) fem BT4 humps. That actually has made me spend cc and change apearence to BT2. And I'm not happy I had to do this due to a bug

(1) Fights not having to learn to use your abilities and skills. This causes a problem later when you are doing flashpoints, uprisings, and operations. People need to learn their role and to stay out of "stupid" . You be surprised at how many people stand in that and then act surprised they died.

(2) RNG on the command crates. I am lucky as I can craft what I need and what my boyfriend needs but not everyone does that and that can create a problem for group content.

Other players.

- Really hostile players who think they know more about the game than you and will blame you for their own mistakes aka elitists

- "I know I have interrupt but I don't use it! Deal with it!" / "I know I have DCDs but I don't use them! Deal with it!" aka "healer companion keeps me alive through any boss fight"

Speaking of which...

- Players who rather use healer companion to finish the FP instead of waiting for replacement

Edited by Halinalle

1) RNG loot. Hideous under every point point of view.

2) RNG loot. Hideous under every point point of view.

3) RNG loot. Hideous under every point point of view.

4) Awesome idea making 1-60 content so accessible, but there should be a "veteran mode" in there for those who want a tiny bit of challenge. As of now I jump in the middle of ANY amount of mobs, press Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash once, and they are dead without me losing more than 10% health.

5) When I relog in my Sorc or Sage, suddenly it's like I am playing with a character which is 10 levels below my Sent / Mara. Everything is looooooooooooooooooong to kill, so boring, DPS check bosses fail (the same I butcher so damn FAST on my Sent and Mara).

Same in PvP: on 5 characters it's "normal mode", on my "DPS" :D Sage / Sorc it's "fluff damage" mode with no impact on the fights whatsoever.

6) Cannot change my companions looks. I mean, my companion looks was #1 Cartel Coins income for BW and they removed it! For BW to spit on such a massive money maker is just... unbelievable!

7) There's something awesome in KOTFE / KOTET storylines... much more "tension / drama", like a movie! However they don't feel "natural". As Force user, this constant Republic + Empire alliance feels just wrong.

As non Force user... why should a bounty hunter or a smuggler even care about grand galactic scale struggles? Or even be involved in them?

8) Ever present, same bugs and misfeatures. It's 5+ years we all know you must disable players nameplates or else PvP easily turns into a slide show. However it's still there. Broken map features, obvious and over-reported stuck points are ALL there since ever. Hoth "floating" mounds of snow and crates still there.

RNG gearing and the lack of new group content is all - no need to complicate it beyond that.

We didn't play just to get gear prior to 5.0...we played because we liked the game and it was an easy game to have multiple 'main' toons in...but now, the whole RNG/CXP gearing crap is just highlighting how little has been added and how little there is to do after completing a few things.

My biggest gripe is the reactionary nerfing of things rather than making minor adjustments.

The nerfing of elites from 20 CXP to 1 CXP is the most recent example.

If they saw that CXP was being gained too rapidly from elite farming (something they should have anticipated anyway) then they should have adjusted downward a moderate amount instead of jumping immediately to the nuclear option.

Then when they slightly increase the amount, it doesn't solve the bigger problem they created: Heroics don't give enough CXP to be worthwhile.

When this system was initially put into place, 20 CXP for a heroic was acceptable because you could expect to earn 20 more CXP from every elite you had to kill along the way.

But when they nerfed elites, they also killed heroics.

Ops were affected in a similar way.

So what they need to do if they don't want people farming elites for CXP is to put the extra reward for all the elites we would have killed over the course of the quest back into completion of the quest itself.

My gripe as the moment is that the game appears to be squeezing players too hard. It feels as if they are trying to get the most amount of money while giving the least amount of game. This is my underlying meaning in my thread, Please Cut Back on Withholding.

If feels to me like they want to use any trivial thing to make people sub, whether it's something that actually worth a whole sub or not then they want to you pay extra to gamble over a few crumbs so that you overpay on items that are teaspooned out.

For instance, increasing the number of items in packs does not greatly increase the chances you have of getting something specific. However, pack item increases are rigorously fought as it it requires inventory and restocking not a code change.

(1) The possibility that the game might be going into some type of story-driven maintenance mode

(2) The incompetence of BW Austin which always acts like everything is fine while they take naps on the bridge of the Titanic as it races through the Arctic shortcut to Europe

(3) The lack of hypercrates on sale on my home server Jedi Covenant, while at the same time there's problem for me moving to Harbinger as well (ping is a bit higher) and some of my peeps don't want to go

My gripes with the games been boiling for 3 years now . So not just this RNG Stuff...:p

1- Stronghold Pack! Thank you! You ruined my guild . Everyone run off so they get their own flagship toys . (so yeah , if your guild died recently ? you are lucky) .

2-1-50 no same sex romance . Yup..still waiting ...sigh .

3- Level Sync . Yes I know..it is here to stay . But it screw up the rhythme . Now gearing up is pretty pointless . And that kill half the game . I had a nice routine , peoples were forced to upgrade their gears and their companions gears..and now..you can just never do that .

4- Game was never hard . But did you have to make it worse ? final Boss roll over when you sneeze . Seriously .

5- Kinda miss heroic reward . Those orange armor . Never got my hand on all of them . Some side quest had also nice drop..now it just trash and dinero..sigh .

6- Alliance system was boring . RNG system ? worse . I didn't grind for the alliance , I be damned if I grind for this new shinie RNG .

7- Bugs...some bugs and glitches are still there . They are the slowest MMO to fix and add stuff I ever seen . So that make me doubt the whole ''Success'' things .

8-Most limit for preferred . Thank you for giving money....here...now that you stopped....welcome to trash status . Please come again !

Ranked PvPer's who won't **** up in General telling everyone to queue ranked and then flip when the ham and eggers do queue only to get berated. You asked the general public to queue ranked pvp so you can get your matches in. Understandable, you want your matches. If you don't want the less skilled players in the ranked queue, the don't post in General chat for everyone to queue in.

The game is now awesome, the forums are crap, filled with "bitter vets" who whine, cry, threaten to leave, but won't actually do us the favor of leaving.

This game hardly qualifies as a MMO. It has the smallest active player base of any main stream AAA "quality" MMO. Only a select few servers aren't dead. When you can play for hours on one of the more populated servers, and NOT see any other players doing thier thing the game is essentially dead.

Unfortunately due to major shortcomings at the core game there is no fixing it. It would be cheaper to just make a whole new game even if they could. The only thing IMHO this game has going for is the single player story.

Never really had a problem with the game raided once a week played pvp when im on all day. gear was easy enough to obtain if you had half a brain. Dont play a korean mmo because im an american and dont like to sit there and grind all day....atm tera a korean mmo has a better loot system than a american made mmo. Top that with no new real endgame content. even if it was a small scale fp like lost island back in 1.0. Edited by Skummy

The game is now awesome, the forums are crap, filled with "bitter vets" who whine, cry, threaten to leave, but won't actually do us the favor of leaving.

These "bitter vets" are the ones who have sustained the game for as long it's been able to, despite numerous amounts of shortcomings and blunders SWTOR has gone through, that no other generic MMO would have been able to overcome.

Do you really want this game to die? I'm honestly starting to believe people who blindly defend a game yet want "haters" to just unsub and leave are the true "haters".

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

I think it is likely that Bioware would not share that opinion...

What are your gripes with the game at the moment?

I'm confused :confused:

Isn't this the entire purpose of the General Discussion forum?

General discussion of the game, yes. I am unsure if you're trying to make a point or are serious about your confusion.

Thanks for your replies so far guys, good reading.

Edited by LordArtemis

- Galactic Command; I'm not saying go back to 4.0 but a compromise between the 4.0 system and the current one would be nice, as well as less RNG. You reach rank 10, you get guaranteed bracers statted for your class/role.

- Story; As much as I enjoyed playing through FE/ET, I miss the classic story telling. The age old divide between the Republic and Empire. I care little for this third power in the galaxy and as I saw someone mention in their signature once 'Keeping up with the Valkorions".

- Story; Pt 2 I guess. I miss the old class based story and companion stories. Having my guys with me on my ship, traveling the galaxy to take down foes such as Darth Angral, to work my way up from slave to Darth Nox and so forth.

- Lack of communication from the devs; Though I fully understand why they cannot always provide answers as even "maybe" usually leads to people hearing "Yes we will!"... I'm also a little frustrated with the lack of responses and answers at times. Streams tend to feel like they're saying tons without ever actually telling us anything and I do 'hate' their avoidance on certain sensitive subjects like the way they've been ignoring further discussion on companions which again I understand but it's also aggravating.

- Over focus on Cartel Market; It feels like (and I don't know if that's actually the case) they're spending more time and resources on constantly compiling new gamble boxes and reskins and such to sell on the CM than they do focusing on actual content and bug fixing.

- Negligence of core game features; Far too many bugs dating back years which still haven't been fixed, features such as the Legacy system having been abandoned, Ops though I personally don't engage in them could use updates and new content and so much more.

- Wasting time and resources on questionable changes; This is speaking from my own point of view obviously but I really don't see why they'd sit and redesign the way in which we unpack crates. To create a fancy overlay window and, in my eyes, more hassle to unpack stuff when I far prefer the old way of open up and move to inventory, done. Seems like a waste to me.

I'm sure there's other stuff that's just not crossing my mind right now but yeah.